[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Well I dunno what's doing that then.

I have been having a similar issue with the load times in MM 2.3.3. It takes between 15 and 25 seconds to run each BEFORE, FOR, and AFTER check for each mod. The log file shows this happening after the initial part load, and then the compilation sequence takes place. Actually, after looking at it, MM seems to be applying patches before the [PASS] sequence on each mod. I have run a copy of 2.3.1 on the same set of mods, in the same directory, and it loads many times faster. I'm not sure if there is a particular plugin causing this behavior, because I am not experienced enough to be able to know every abnormality in the log, but something is definitely different between 2.3.1 and 2.3.3 when applied to the same mod set, which seems to affect load time. I will post the logs later, as I need to do more testing to confirm the anomaly.

The real reason I wanted to respond, is to mention something about logic when patching mods. After developing my first plugin, I have realized how beneficial it is to have a plugin derived method, which you write, when you apply patches. MM is amazing of course, but it seems there are many things that are just beyond the scope of what it is even supposed to do. Personally, I have realized for what I ultimately aim to accomplish, I just have to tough it out and write a comprehensive plugin, which parses parts, and does conditional calculations to modify them. It will take much more time and troubleshooting, than simply being content to spend the time to look at specific mods, and adjust values in a CFG file manually, but it is ultimately much more adaptable. Just my 0.2 funds...

Just to jump on Saab's bandwagon here, i am also experiencing this issue. i have a very fast SSD, 600+megs a second on large loads, and 32 gigs of ram. KSP generally loads very very quickly, but after adding in the new B9 pack and the newest version of MM, it races to the end (same) but then STOPS DEAD for about 15 min on "before" and "After".

The version of MM that caused the slowdown was from the B9 Aerospace pack as well. I'm not sure if there was a compatibility error with B9, or whether the build is actually bugged. Do we want to try to figure out what caused the issue, or try to direct as many people to upgrade as possible? This version of MM was bundled with B9 itself, and many people, i'm sure, are using it.

The version of MM that caused the slowdown was from the B9 Aerospace pack as well. I'm not sure if there was a compatibility error with B9, or whether the build is actually bugged. Do we want to try to figure out what caused the issue, or try to direct as many people to upgrade as possible? This version of MM was bundled with B9 itself, and many people, i'm sure, are using it.

Sarbian did change something with 2.3.4 and it works much better, as with any mod out there, USUALLY, the newest version is the one to have unless it breaks something else. In the case of MM, that doesn't happen very much. I'd press to make sure everybody makes the move to 2.3.4. It's just not 'official' with Sarbian until it sees some more out in the world testing.

I was using the build of MM from B9 Aerospace just now. It was working fine, with a load time of under 2 minutes, until I installed the Universal Storage TAC pack, after which the load time skyrocketed to 20 minutes. Why? I have no idea. However, upgrading to MM 2.3.4 fixed it, load times are now ~2 minutes again, even with the pack installed.

Edit the first post so 2.3.4 is now official release.

- fixes the loading speed

- fix bug with ~key[] and ~key[value] in 2.3.3

- fix the resource DB init and a

- add a legacy pass that runs the patch without pass info just after the :First pass

What are these, and how do we know if we have them and if this will help?

Regex = Regular Expression = a way to describe a search-pattern (eg; a name with an 'a' or 'b', followed by a 'c' but not ending in 'd')

Wildcard = something that can stand for anything or 'several' anythings (eg; *.craft <-- the '*' is a wildcard meaning any name, followed by '.craft')

Both of these would be used within Module Manager *.cfg files so it's an internal thing and without looking inside every one you have installed in KSP you won't know.

Summary: People who write mods and config-files would know. If you don't then don't worry about it, just expect it to make your load-times quicker.

I had a version a while back (2.1 or so, I think) which had an ever persistent window in the SpaceCenter. As I recall, it allowed the user to do a database dump of all the as modified config files being used. Output went to MM_confg<somethingorother>.

Is that readily accessible from all MMs? Did I get lucky and snag a debug version? Can I get another?

I don't know.

And I'm not saying it because I don't know if MM can impact how long it takes for the game to load.

No, I am saying it because you don't tell which version of MM you are running and how much patch are applied. Both of those info are trivial to find since one is in the file name and the other is displayed in the loading screen.

But since your post is nothing more than a complain with no more info then all I can answer is : I don't know.

vyl-you-know-nothing-sarbian.jpg

I'm trying to remove an EC resource node from a part.

However, somehow I'm too stupid to get it working :blush: Here's what I tried:

//inside the selected PART
!RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]{}

I don't get any MM errors in the log, but the resource is still there. Any help is much appreciated!