[0.15] Advanced Decoupler (6/20/2012)

Quabit

• 4 months later...

Increase the ejectionforce parameted in the config.

BTW, this could really use an update, as it\'s old, but actually quite good.

Thanks for reply! Will I need the SDK to do this? I\'m pretty much a novice but good at working things out, even if I don\'t really know what I\'m doing =P lol

I love the rocket I\'ve built, and the whole design revolves around this mod, but won\'t share it or make vid untill I know it works perfectly...ocd, perfectionist or some sh..... ;D

Lol I worked it out, was so easy as well ::)

It was set to 4 so I knocked it up to 400 and is working great again! Nice one mate

d\'awww teeny fuel tanks. I like turning up the crash resistance and using them as lander legs, then landing on the Mun and pretending I\'m a moon AT-AT. Also, your advanced decoupler is good to use as an altimeter when my regular one is bugged out and I can\'t judge distances correctly because of the new terrain engine. Just hover a bit and decouple! Your explosions will show you the way.

d\'awww teeny fuel tanks. I like turning up the crash resistance and using them as lander legs, then landing on the Mun and pretending I\'m a moon AT-AT. Also, your advanced decoupler is good to use as an altimeter when my regular one is bugged out and I can\'t judge distances correctly because of the new terrain engine. Just hover a bit and decouple! Your explosions will show you the way.

You know there\'s a real altimeter right? Look for \'rangefinder\' in the plugin board.

After fixing my ship y\'day i took some trips to the Mun and the 1st 3 times I epic failed as couldn\'t judge how close I was to the surface with the new terrain. The 4th time however I used my final decent stage explosion as a marker which worked a treat...My best landing yet by far, right in centre of the massive creator :D

I need to look into these plugins as don\'t even know what they are used for =P

Mun buggy is in prototype stage now, nearly got it their just testing staging lol

A true Kerbal thinking.

Though, in theory, you could put these rangefinders on decouplers. That way they could still make explosions. :)

• 1 month later...

I\'m sorry for resurrecting this rather old thread, but is there a chance you\'ll update the advanced decoupler for 0.15?

I\'ve only recently discovered KSP and have been playing with the Demo (meaning version 0.13.3) for a couple of days. I loved the advanced decoupler there, but some geometries seem to have changed in 0.15, so since I\'ve got the pre-order version now I can no longer use it as the shrouds won\'t fit anymore. At least that is how it looks to me (wider tanks, shorter engines or something).

You parts were among the first I discovered and I\'ve been using them from the start with much delight. After renaming the small fuel engine my rockets stopped blowing up on the launchpad (for no apparent reason) and I\'ve come to love them as well. I did do some minor tweaking so the numbers are in line with the stock-engines and tanks: I\'ve changed the mini fuel tanks weight to 0.75 (full) and 0.2 (empty). This means it\'s a least a tiny bit lighter than a normal tank (which is much bigger) and the fuel weighs the same (as it\'s clearly the same fuel). Additionally I\'ve reduced the fuel consumption of the mini fuel engine to 2, which means the thrust is still slightly lower (per consumed fuel unit) than all stock engines. Especially with the LV-909 (providing 50 thrust for 2 fuel consumption) it seemed silly to leave it at 4 for 45 thrust. Just my thought should you ever update the parts again.

I do hope you update them (if only to make the mini fuel engine work without reniming the .dae and editing the .cfg accordingly), so new players don\'t disregard those great parts instantly because stuff blows up without apparent reason on the launchpad.

In any case, thank you for all those great parts and I hope they\'ll see some updating

Creat

Aww man , I was having the same problem and hoping it was just me, as opposed to the actual part being borked now with the new update. It can\'t be that difficult of a fix, because the base and clutches work ok. Anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks!

The MechJeb 2 works, it just didn\'t in the first days of .15, but now it\'s fixed. Just no auto-assembling. Look down straght to place the tank, as a little tip.

Someone should have a look at it and fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late answer. Unfortunately I do not know a quick way to fix it, but I will look into it.

Sweet, can\'t wait. I hope it\'s just something easy to fix. It\'s such a cool effect in the preview youtube video on page 1, unfortunately, I\'ve never been able to get it to be so awesome on my computer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.