[0.15] Advanced Decoupler (6/20/2012)

Quabit

Quick question: Did you change any of the values for the smaller parts? Like, they have less fuel but better aerodynamics and whatnot, or did you only change the model? And this is the first decoupler that i know of that actually covers the engine of the part above it, nice.

<3 the decoupler.

Was wondering why it wasnt like this in the first place. :)

Quick question: Did you change any of the values for the smaller parts? Like, they have less fuel but better aerodynamics and whatnot, or did you only change the model?

Would also like to know. :)

I downloaded the file, then moved it from the downloads folder into the part folder, selected the map with 7-zip and unpacked the folder into the parts folder. Then I removed the zipped folder. I regularly use other mods, so I dont understand why this wouldnt. (The way it dosent work is that the game dosent load)

Hey,

my first attempt to create parts for KSP. Okay, nothing special, I just modified some stock parts for my needs.

Modified decoupler:

decoupler_t.jpg

your decoupler is gorgeous,

do you think it's possible to make one visually like yours (covering the whole engine), but instead of just dropping along the jettisoned part, it 'explodes' into 3 smaller bits which fall away, just before the jettisoning part (allowing the rocket engine to show up still attached to the lower part of the rocket) ?

You may want to make the decoupler a lil wider, some things like sas mosules stick out in weird ways.

True, I will look into it.

instead of just dropping along the jettisoned part, it 'explodes' into 3 smaller bits which fall away, just before the jettisoning part (allowing the rocket engine to show up still attached to the lower part of the rocket) ?

Sounds difficult, but i think its possible. I will try it.

So, when I tried using this, something happened...

For a while, the small engine was stuck within the side of the decoupler.

I have found this to be an issue also.

The main reason it happens is that for some reason as you hit space and the decoupler fires, the parts above the decoupler seem to yaw (slide to the left) a lot more then when using a normal decoupler. I'm not sure whether its a function of the longer shroud, or if its a value that might be slightly off in the firing mechanism? (I don't make parts so I don't know how to check).

Hope this helps. :)

The main reason it happens is that for some reason as you hit space and the decoupler fires, the parts above the decoupler seem to yaw (slide to the left) a lot more then when using a normal decoupler.

So pretty much, if I use this, I have to make sure my rocket is out of the way of the decoupler before doing anything?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.