[0.15] Advanced Decoupler (6/20/2012)

Quabit

So pretty much, if I use this, I have to make sure my rocket is out of the way of the decoupler before doing anything?

Um, idk. Can't say ive done extensive testing on it, but it seems to be as you decouple. so waiting wont really change anything.....it might have been a lack of SAS modules on my part, but it seemed to yaw more then the normal one.

If someone could test and confirm this that would be awesome.

I downloaded the file, then moved it from the downloads folder into the part folder, selected the map with 7-zip and unpacked the folder into the parts folder. Then I removed the zipped folder. I regularly use other mods, so I dont understand why this wouldnt. (The way it dosent work is that the game dosent load)

What version are you using?

And with what version was the addon developed with?

• 2 weeks later...

Major bump but the advanced decoupler looks awesome. Sadly it doesn't work for me either. When I press the advanced decopler base part, I get the one decoupler part, which I attach to my stack. For some reason at this point I don't get the two or four or even one little shroud. Could we have a step by step typed walkthrough of how to do this to see if it's broken or if I'm just an idiot?

Well I think I've found out why it was hard for me to understand. The four side nodes on the decoupler base were pretty difficult to avoid when placing the centre node on the stack. Now I'm trying to attach the clutch in 4-symmetry and it's attaching seemingly rotated 90deg in position and in orientation. The way that placement works right now makes it extremely hard to even hover the part over the nodes at all.

Edit - Okay I finally managed to attach the clutches. Now when I use 4-side symmetry again to attach the shrouds, the symmetry immediately turns itself off when I try to attach it and puts one on instead, slightly clipped into the LFT.

Try attaching the clutches at the node 180 degrees from the one you did; it sounds like you hooked it so that the clutches were on the outside of the base. Don't worry, I had the same problem at first.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.