[0.24+][Dev slowdown]Nagging Nadia v0.13 beta

SolarLiner

I wonder if you can use other sounds for the callouts,

because i am used to the callouts from Orbitersound

you can use any sound you want.. just rename your orbiter sounds to the same name as the ones in the folder of the mod.

example:

you have...say,(not sure of the sound names of orbiter but you get the idea)

orbiter1000.wav change to alt1000.wav and replace the one thats in the folder with all the .wav files. :)

Since you bumped this thread back up, I'd just like to throw in and say that I am still using this mod and am very happy with it! Landings (both horizontal and vertical, successful and unsuccessful) are much more fun.

Since you bumped this thread back up, I'd just like to throw in and say that I am still using this mod and am very happy with it! Landings (both horizontal and vertical, successful and unsuccessful) are much more fun.

:) ,I use it... and I didn't mean to necro a thread ,but this works really awesome, and if you dont like the sounds you can always change them. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes when I hit F2 to get a clean view of things, I still get Nadia naggin' me about the G Forces. Is there an easy way to reserve that info on a more on-demand basis? Maybe integrate it into blizzy's toolbar? I agree that the altitude call-outs make landing more fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Having lots of fun with this mod. A humble suggestion for the 'pull up' sound:

Edit: Also, I get "Over G" spam when jumping. :o

yeah, I disabled the "Over-G" sound..... lol I hated that part, but I know when I am going "Over-G" anyway so it's no problem.

+1 for "Bitching Betty".

"Pull up" seems a bit out of place in a pod :P But I guess it is still very early days...

How about you check to see if the craft has wings or not, and tailor messages accordingly?

Also, may be cool to have maneuver node countdowns?

Node in 5.4.3.2.1..Node!

And I guess if you gave it a UI you could do "Bingo fuel" announcements? The user sets a min fuel level and betty warns as you approach it?

Really nice idea though.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear ...

I came back for the dead, look at my old threads ... AND THIS IS STILL GOING?

Wow, I thought all the users would be like wanting to kill me for not being here, but apparently not!

The use of the API is so small and "bare bones" that it'll survive through the upcoming versions I'm sure! I'm updating the title anyway.

Talking about the mod itself, I'm not saying I'm necessarily abandoning it (because I play less and less KSP, and so I am less on less behind my mods trying to fix 'em), but I doubt I'll be reactive at all the bugs you have/will dig up.

So to answer the questions:

-- Will there be more flashy visual signals?

- Well, maybe. I got the idea after playing some Lock On (I'm sad that I can't find the disk anymore, with my new computer I got everything formatted, anyway), and the Nagging Nadia refers to those voice the onboard computers makes to you when you're hard on the machine. But there's no visual signal on the HUD (I know there's lights and button and stuff, but still) so implementing them would be kind of off the theme. I don't really know. Maybe the next guy will come and add them and I'll be perfectly fine with that, maybe I'll do it, maybe not, but in the waiting time I'm sure there's another mod that does this already. There's already screen messages if you want something.

-- Will you change the sounds?

- No. I'll not change the sounds, the theme of them or make them "reversed Spanish" or whatever. I know that breaks off immersion, but it is still a mod for you to quickly react, so you have to know what's going on, instead of hearing something and being like "Uhh what's that sound?" as the ship crashes miserably. And I don't want you to go here and yells at me because the alarms are not straightforward either :P

-- So can I change the sound myself?

- You are allowed to it! You can even publish your work if you want! I'd love to hear what you guys will do. Unfortunately I don't think there will be a way to put different sets at once, so drag and drop and overwrite will be the key here.

All the sounds are in GameData\SolarLiner\Sounds\GPWS. Filenames are pretty straightforward too.

-- Is there a GUI on its way?

- Tricky question. Last time I played with KSP/Unity API to make a GUI made the whole game go kerbally boom. I kinda need someone to babysit me through the creation of it, that's for sure! :D

-- Will it support <Any mod> ?

- Meh, I don't know why you would like it to "support" any mod, and further more if you do not have all the mods it'll mess up with the game more than anything.

Deadly Reentry is different because I based my Over G and (not used) Overheat curve from the one that it uses (might have to look again to see if it has changed). But it's only a guesstimation based on rough tests so that might need some tweaks there too.

-- Can you add an alarm for <Any event> ?

- Yes. And No. I think if I plan on actively working on it again (can happen, I'm a strange person you suddenly gets back to projects dead long before ...) I'll add an alarm for node, that way you can place it anywhere and be happy with it. But the lack of GUI is what prevents me from actually including lots of more sounds, with tweakable behavior and all the fancy stuff.

Bingo Fuel had been planned (the sound is there), but unfortunately I must have raged at myself not being able to find a suitable implementation on how to trigger bingo fuel alarm, because I didn't implemented it afterwards.

So yeah, I'm happy my first mod got some hype and downloads! Sorry if I appear as "the guy that never finishes what it starts" ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.