How Many Sales Has KSP Made?

RazorWolf19

Does anyone actually know how many sales KSP has made, or is this information confidential? After a quick Google search it seems there is no documented instance of the statistics. I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered or if there is a source that contains this data which I am unaware of.

Thanks For Reading,

Happy Flying! :D

• 1 year later...

Someone actually just posted something about this one the KSP reddit.

Here's the link if you're interested. If that's even close to accurate, that is incredibly impressive. Hopefully should subdue the fears of some people thinking 1.0 will somehow ruin the prospects of KSP. It's already incredibly popular regardless of what happens with 1.0. It also tends to be one of the more played games on Steam, for what that's worth!

http://steamspy.com/app/220200

over a million steam owners, I wonder if steam is the huge majority. I wish it was and Squad had better steam support(workshop and the like). they said it wont happen though :(

I'd be curious to know that myself. It may be way over a million players too when you factor in the many people who bought it before it was released onto Steam. It's a pretty darn impressive number either way.

Steam Workshop integration in the future would be fantastic. It would be incredible for a game like this to be able to put up .craft files and have them seamlessly integrated within the game. I'm really hopeful for features like this after 1.0, as well as perhaps some official mod support integration tool (probably after/if 64 bit is working). Although I suspect this is unlikely to happen.

On an additional note, there's a chart here showing the number of people playing KSP at any given time. This chart appears to be more accurate (at least for Steam users) for showing player activity.

http://steamcharts.com/app/220200

According tho this, the highest number of people playing at any one time is around 10,245 with a daily average peak of around 2,500 on weekdays and up to 4,000 on weekends.

On an additional note, there's a chart here showing the number of people playing KSP at any given time. This chart appears to be more accurate (at least for Steam users) for showing player activity.

http://steamcharts.com/app/220200

According tho this, the highest number of people playing at any one time is around 10,245 with a daily average peak of around 2,500 on weekdays and up to 4,000 on weekends.

I think that probably understates things. Most people who install mods keep their Steam installation "clean" and copy the game so they can try out different configurations. As far as Valve knows I haven't played KSP in ages, but I play it almost every day.

And there is a number of players who bought the game directly, from SQUAD Store (like i did) - and thus do not increase the numbers on Steam.

Yes, but it's probably a reasonable guess to say that the majority of KSP players are now on Steam:

- We had the option to transfer to Steam from the KSP Store, which quite a lot of people made use of

- The Steam store advertises the game considerably more than Squad ever did, even if a number of those potential Steam buyers then choose to buy the game from Squad's store instead.

Even without Steam actively advertising (although 'actively' is the wrong word in an automated system):

- The game frequently appears in the top seller list

- The game is very near the top of the list of games rated on Steam by user reviews - anyone looking at that list will see KSP in the top 10 or so (That list: http://goo.gl/wX1sd3 currently 9th).

In the end it's safe to say the number of sales is "quite a lot" :P

Strangely I don't really feel any satisfaction or pride from the over-one-million-sales revelation, despite my contributions to the game... I don't get it.

That's a shame, Nova - your work was and is fantastic. We're all proud of you anyway.

Hope SotS is going well..

Strangely I don't really feel any satisfaction or pride from the over-one-million-sales revelation, despite my contributions to the game... I don't get it.

Nova, you are a legend to us :) Your planets, anomalies and easter eggs give this game a lot of unique spirit. If SQUAD would ever announce they are hiring you again, this forum would explode in celebration.:cool:

I think that probably understates things. Most people who install mods keep their Steam installation "clean" and copy the game so they can try out different configurations. As far as Valve knows I haven't played KSP in ages, but I play it almost every day.

A good point as well. I almost exclusively play from my various copies that does not register on Steam. Despite that, it's still a significantly played game on Steam.

Recently some other people at my school say "oh hey, you play that game?" When they see me wearing my kerbal shirt.

i ask them" how do you know this game?"

they reply" markiplier, jacksepticeye"

i grin in delight as I now know that KSP is getting a lot of publicity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.