[1.8.x] In game notes / notepad / checklist v0.16 2019/10/23

agises

I plan to work in the plugin this weekend, but as this is pretty simple change, here's the dll with the fontsize configurable:

https://github.com/hashashin/ksp_notes/releases/download/0.8.1pre/notes.zip

Just overwrite current notes.dll, default fontsize is 13. You'll need to launch and quit ksp before you can see the new variable in the config.xml file.

Salud.

For the time you intend to spend this weekend you should be aware that Amazon's SSL certs have been revoked due to heartbleed, and Github is hosted on Amazon servers. All of your release zips are currently flagged as having revoked certs and many browsers will refuse to display a page with that. If Amazon hasn't replaced all their certs by time you've got something bigger to post, you should probably host it somewhere else, at least until this blows over.

I was able to download it from a spare browser with some securities disabled. Thanks, this looks perfect!

For the time you intend to spend this weekend you should be aware that Amazon's SSL certs have been revoked due to heartbleed, and Github is hosted on Amazon servers. All of your release zips are currently flagged as having revoked certs and many browsers will refuse to display a page with that. If Amazon hasn't replaced all their certs by time you've got something bigger to post, you should probably host it somewhere else, at least until this blows over.

I was able to download it from a spare browser with some securities disabled. Thanks, this looks perfect!

I'm not having any problem with lasted chrome, make sure you have checked in options: Check for server certificate revocation.

Small problem is that when I type in the box and hit something like ',' it causes ksp to time accelerate. This isn't just a problem with this mod but with all mods. Especially when I'm entering numbers in mechjeb and it causes one of my action groups to activate. Is there a way to solve this?

Are you on linux? if yes, sadly this is a know bug in unity/ksp in linux. I can try to work around that blocking all inputs to the game when the notes window is focused, as I do in the kalculator mod to workaround similar issue. I'll try to hotfix that tomorrow.

Salud.

Are you on linux? if yes, sadly this is a know bug in unity/ksp in linux. I can try to work around that blocking all inputs to the game when the notes window is focused, as I do in the kalculator mod to workaround similar issue. I'll try to hotfix that tomorrow.

Salud.

thx alot, so it's a linux thing then? Guess I'll have to go around every single mod I'm using that has the same problem and make a post in the respective forums about this then.

Also, I'm using KSP 0.23.0 and luckily didn't have to revert to an older version of your mod (unlike many other mods because of the recompilation for the new version of Unity) to make your mod work in 0.23.0.0. If you release the new version with this fix will it still be compatible?

thx alot, so it's a linux thing then? Guess I'll have to go around every single mod I'm using that has the same problem and make a post in the respective forums about this then.

Also, I'm using KSP 0.23.0 and luckily didn't have to revert to an older version of your mod (unlike many other mods because of the recompilation for the new version of Unity) to make your mod work in 0.23.0.0. If you release the new version with this fix will it still be compatible?

Yup is linux thing, you can check the report here http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/1230 and paste on posts you make for reference if you want to. Regarding the second question I bet it will remain compatible as the code is pretty simple(and ugly :P).

Salud.

PS: as poor man workaround you can try going to map view before type out on the plugins textfields.

Edited by agises

1st post updated with 0.8.2, @OxalysResourceConsortium can you please tell me if this fix your issue? thanks.

Salud.

version 0.8.2 is incompatible with KSP v0.23.0. Had to rever to notes v0.7.1. The input fix you pm'd me with is incompatible too. I guess I'll just use map view as an incomplete workaround until remotech finally releases for 0.23.5

Muchas gracias por su ayuda. De cualquier manera es un programa muy util.

version 0.8.2 is incompatible with KSP v0.23.0. Had to rever to notes v0.7.1. The input fix you pm'd me with is incompatible too. I guess I'll just use map view as an incomplete workaround until remotech finally releases for 0.23.5

Muchas gracias por su ayuda. De cualquier manera es un programa muy util.

I can recompile both with 0.23.0 assemblies and should work, it's 2min work, however I need some more time cause I'm changing my workstation right now, installing all the stuff and so. I can pm you when it's done if you want.

Salud.

I love this mod.

I'm glad you find it useful.

0.9.1 bugfix release: fixed a warning spam if the list window it's open while using the ksp skin.

Salud.

Edited by agises

First off: excellent mod. I use it a lot. Very useful for keeping nerdy flight logs.

I don’t see any of the buttons in the title bar, though: no font size, ‘S’ (settings, I guess) or ‘notes’ buttons. Not that big a deal - just means I have to squint to read my notes!

Any idea why that might be? I'm using Toolbar (1.7.1), if that’s relevant.

First off: excellent mod. I use it a lot. Very useful for keeping nerdy flight logs.

I don’t see any of the buttons in the title bar, though: no font size, ‘S’ (settings, I guess) or ‘notes’ buttons. Not that big a deal - just means I have to squint to read my notes!

Any idea why that might be? I'm using Toolbar (1.7.1), if that’s relevant.

Hi UnanimousCoward, that's odd, can you try deleting the config.xml of the plugin?, it's in "GameData\notes\Plugins\PluginData\notes". Then run again the game. If this don't work give me the logs to see if I can found something relevant there. Thanks.

Salud.

Hey agises ! Thank you for your mod, I don't know how I couldn't use it now. :)

Anyway, are there any plans to add directories to sort our notes a little ? I usually write a bunch of them as I do charts, checklists, todolists, historics, etc... Also that would allow me to edit my kOS scripts within your editor with a symbolic link to my archive directory of kOS, as the developers have decided to drop the editor inside their mod for now and I don't really feel like alt-tabbing everytime I need to edid one.

Cheers !

Hey agises ! Thank you for your mod, I don't know how I couldn't use it now. :)

Anyway, are there any plans to add directories to sort our notes a little ? I usually write a bunch of them as I do charts, checklists, todolists, historics, etc... Also that would allow me to edit my kOS scripts within your editor with a symbolic link to my archive directory of kOS, as the developers have decided to drop the editor inside their mod for now and I don't really feel like alt-tabbing everytime I need to edid one.

Cheers !

Hi Dexter9313, a method to sort/classify the notes it's needed yeah, directories should work. In a week or so I'll have some spare time and I'll try to look into that, no promise :P

Salud.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is an absolutely essential mod for roleplaying. I've been looking for a mod to log ships and stumbled upon this, now I made my own mission log :P

Simple, easy to use and should be a part of everyones mod list. Great job!

• 2 weeks later...
This is an absolutely essential mod for roleplaying. I've been looking for a mod to log ships and stumbled upon this, now I made my own mission log :P

Simple, easy to use and should be a part of everyones mod list. Great job!

Thanks, I recompiled the plugin for 0.24, look at 1st post. I want to work in a new version with some improvements soon.

Salud.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.