[1.8.x] In game notes / notepad / checklist v0.16 2019/10/23

agises

you can get blizzy's toolbar to use that to bring up the notepad, or if you use Left Alt+N it will bring up notepad but not boulderco

Thx I just tested it

Left alt +N opens both boulderco and Notes

Right alt +n opens just boulderco

Is there no way to change the key, I dont want to have to install another mod if its avoidable

Thx I just tested it

Left alt +N opens both boulderco and Notes

Right alt +n opens just boulderco

Is there no way to change the key, I dont want to have to install another mod if its avoidable

Hi, you can change the second part of the keybinds in the config file located in "GameData\notes\Plugins\PluginData\notes\config.xml"

Look for:

<string name="keybind">n</string>
<string name="keybind2">l</string>

Salud.

Hi, you can change the second part of the keybinds in the config file located in "GameData\notes\Plugins\PluginData\notes\config.xml"

Look for:

<string name="keybind">n</string>
<string name="keybind2">l</string>

Salud.

Thx thats what I was looking for :)

Hey there. I've been using your mod for a long time now and I just wanted to say thanks. This made things a lot easier. Also the RPM support which I didn't notice until now just makes me happy.

So thank you and keep up the good work!

Hey there. I've been using your mod for a long time now and I just wanted to say thanks. This made things a lot easier. Also the RPM support which I didn't notice until now just makes me happy.

So thank you and keep up the good work!

Thank you for this comment, I'm always glad that it will be useful to someone.

Salud.

• 4 months later...
56 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@agises SO I just installed this mod, and it seems to work OK...EXCEPT, I'm not seeing how to use it in any of the RPM displays in IVA... ??

This is on Linux, KSP 1.0.5 64bit...

Press the button marked red until the note show up.

Spoiler

oR3YnQQ.jpg

@agises OK... I see the issue: Most of my RPM IVAs are ASET or from other mods... I only get this mod working (so far) in the basic, stock RPM IVAs... :(
Unfortunately I rarely use any of those...
I looked around, but I dont know enough about .cfgs, MM, and RPM to try modifying anything... :(

Despite that, I cant believe this mod has been around so long, seemingly (relatively) issue free, obviously well supported, fully featured, but hasnt gotten more love from the community...

EDIT: Actually, it looks like Notes is throwing exceptions when I try to Load Selected File...

I'll add logs presently

Edited by Stone Blue

• 3 weeks later...

8 hours ago, funkcanna said:

Hey does this work with 1.1 Pre?

Hi funkcanna, I tested it a bit in the 1st build and all seems to work but the ship logs generation because some changes in the mission time variable. I've an updated internal version (which still needs a little work to be released) for ksp 1.1 but I plan to release it when 1.1 it's final.

Salud.

All I said here applies to all my mods if someone it's wondering :)

Edited by agises

• 1 month later...

in notes 0.13 and KSP 1.1.2 if you try to create a new text file, a pop up window appears asking to confirm if I want to create a new file. Unfortunately that pop up window has no button, no way to interact with it, no way to say yes or no... no way to get rid of it either, other than closing KSP completely.

21 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

in notes 0.13 and KSP 1.1.2 if you try to create a new text file, a pop up window appears asking to confirm if I want to create a new file. Unfortunately that pop up window has no button, no way to interact with it, no way to say yes or no... no way to get rid of it either, other than closing KSP completely.

Just tested and I can't reproduce the bug, dialog options show as normal, can I've the logs when this is happening? Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Adoelrome said:

We waiting for a update.

Reallu useful thing.

Already updated in CKAN, 0.13 is there and in github, I just not had time to update the post here :(

Salud.

Is it possible to change the ships log to use Kerbin time instead of earth time? Got quite surprised to see the log think this was day 2 of a mission (actually day 8 by kerbal time).

At BlueWolf Space Industries, we make use of your Ships Log feature on every mission - 6 hours a day, 426 days a year!

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance of having note templates? So instead of just creating a new note, one would create a new note using some template of text. To prevent having to rewrite it constantly (or copy-pasting, or copying a file over the one you create in Explorer/Finder/etc.).

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/06/2016 at 11:59 AM, phoenix_ca said:

Any chance of having note templates? So instead of just creating a new note, one would create a new note using some template of text. To prevent having to rewrite it constantly (or copy-pasting, or copying a file over the one you create in Explorer/Finder/etc.).

Well, there exists the Ships Log template. I think that is implemented in code, though.

What sort of templates might you use?

I was thinking along the lines of templates for mission details, mission steps, parameters, rendezvous parameters, that sort of thing. Ideally it'd just follow a similar style to how snippets work in text editors like Atom. Not the format but the idea; let the user make their own and just look for those. Could simply be a folder called "templates" inside the mod's GameData directory, holding text files which when in the root directory are single-file templates, but if put in a sub-folder serve as a group template (treat the folder as a single template and let the user generate an entire folder in the mod using all the text files and directory structure of it and bam, piles of saved time).

Just a thought. (I'm not overly-invested in the idea. Maybe I should just get my ass in gear this year and learn C# so I can make an in-game mission planner myself. :P )

Edited by phoenix_ca

It would be used for mission planning? I use notes mostly for the ships log. Noting down how the mission progresses according to the mission plan, etc.

Of course, the mission plan is generally completed before KSP is started, so theres that XD

2 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

It would be used for mission planning?

Why not? If you can make simple template files to start from, a user could do whatever they want with them.

Even if you just have a standard format you tend to use for a typical note you want to create, like logs, templates could help. (Calling them templates is a bit silly since I'm really just suggesting essentially a copy/paste into a new note, but for lack of a better word...)

Edited by phoenix_ca

• 2 months later...

i found a little "bug" with this mod:

he don't use "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD" but the MFD profided by ALCOR (ex: "ALCORMFD40x20").

i try this patch to not touch notes directly, and it work fine:

//
// Apply Notes button for RPM (regular MFD / Alcor / Apex)
//
@PROP[RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD|*MFD*x*]:NEEDS[notes|notesRPM]:Final
{
    @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
    {
        %PAGE[notesRPMPage]
        {
            %name = notesRPMPage
            %button = button_G

%PAGEHANDLER
            {
                //Class name is kOS Monitor
                %name = notesRPM

//Processors are named sanely
                %method = ContentProcessor
                %buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

//This will set the size of the kOSProcessor TermWindow object
                %consoleWidth = 40
                %consoleHeight = 20

//Button definitions are settable
                %noteButton = 0
                %downButton = 1
                %infoButton = 2

//Text tint is also modifiable
                %textTint = [#009900ff]
                %textTintUnpowered = [#ffffff3e]
            }
        }
    }
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.