[1.8.x] In game notes / notepad / checklist v0.16 2019/10/23

agises

2 minutes ago, agises said:

First post updated with 0.14.2.1, thanks again @linuxgurugamer. I made a PR to netkan for the toolbarcontroller thing, as now it depends on it: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/6665

I think everything is done, make noise here if something is broken.

Salud.

I'll take care of that

I found a problem with this mod. When I delete a note that I previously saved, a dialog box pops up that says something to the effect of "file has been deleted" or something like that, but that dialog box does not go away. It stays on the screen until you restart the game. Next time I play later today I'll try and take a screenshot of it.

EDIT: The dialog in the middle over the rocket. That is what wouldn't go away. I haven't been able to recreate the problem.

LqeYhXb.png

Edited by TheAngryHulk
added image

Hi @TheAngryHulk, thanks for reporting this. That bug has been reported a few times, but sadly I never was able to reproduce it... :blush:

So, I would appreciate it very much, if you could provide me with the game log when this happens again, if so. And an accurate description of what you were doing at that time.

Thanks, salud.

All I did, if I remember correctly, is delete both the file I saved and the directory I made. My exact steps were to open the "List Notes" dialog when I was on the launchpad. Then I deleted the file I didn't want, then I created a directory and immediately deleted it. I have not been able to get the dialog box to stay up though, so obviously I'm missing something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/7/2018 at 8:48 AM, Stone Blue said:

@agises Just wondering if the mod has been verified to work with MAS, as well as RPM?

Totally guessing "not" /yet. This kind of thing would be awesome, though. I'm always at a loss for an in-game/in-universe method of keeping track of action groups, mission status, etc. that doesn't involve a bunch of actual notepads or google docs. Maybe that's a bit of a far-fetched idea. :)

19 minutes ago, agises said:

Hi @Stone Blue the RPM support was a "just for fun" feature, I can take a look at MAS but I can't promise anything :confused:

Salud.

I know I for one would appreciate that... MAS is RPMs replacement. Hopefully there will be moar IVAs switching over to MAS, Soon™... Altho RPM and MAS can be used together, so as long as Notes support for RPM still works with current version of RPM, I guess that would be OK too...
Also, dont forget that KSP 1.5.0 is due to drop in a couple days, and I dont know if Notes would need a recompile anyway for it... vOv

• 4 months later...
On 3/8/2019 at 12:18 PM, TimeforAction said:

I can't get this working at all. Loaded through CKAN with Toolbar Controller. Tried ALT N to no avail. Any ideas?

Idk... its working for me in 1.6.1 vOv
I guess recheck install of both mods, to begin with.

@agises I guess I have a couple "feature" requests... Sorry if they have already been discussed.. i admit to not scanning back thru the thread

First, any chance to make the UI size user-adjustable?
i could swear I have seen a mod that had a button in the lower right corner of it's UI, that if you click-held on it, you could drag the bottom-right corner of the UI to resize the whole thing... even independently along either axis... vOv

And second, since this now depends on Toolbar Controller, and since Notes is, by nature, a pretty good-sized UI window, is there any chance to add Click Thru Blocker support? From what I can tell, LGG has a pretty good, simple instructions in the CTB readme.md on how to add support for mod devs.

As always, THANX for this mod ;)

tagging you @linuxgurugamer in case you'ld like to look at this, (just the CTB addition), since you provided a recent PR for Notes, and also the fact that CTB is your mod, and if *anyone* is familiar with CTB code, it would be you ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

24 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

tagging you @linuxgurugamer in case you'ld like to look at this, (just the CTB addition), since you provided a recent PR for Notes, and also the fact that CTB is your mod, and if *anyone* is familiar with CTB code, it would be you ;)

@TimeforAction this is really for you:

Make sure you have BOTH the ClickThroughBlocker AND the ToolbarController installed

On 3/8/2019 at 12:18 PM, TimeforAction said:

I can't get this working at all. Loaded through CKAN with Toolbar Controller. Tried ALT N to no avail. Any ideas?

If you still can't get it working, then please post a log file

Edited by linuxgurugamer

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Make sure you have BOTH the ClickThroughBlocker AND the ToolbarController installed

Wait... is CTB *already* a required dependency for Notes?...its not mentioned as such in the OP (only ToolbarController is...)
and if CTB *is* already supported by Notes, then I have to report that click-thru blocking is *not* working for me... vOv

5 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Wait... is CTB *already* a required dependency for Notes?...its not mentioned as such in the OP (only ToolbarController is...)
and if CTB *is* already supported by Notes, then I have to report that click-thru blocking is *not* working for me... vOv

CBT is a dependency for the ToolbarController.   AFAIK, Notes isn't yet using CBT

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

CBT is a dependency for the ToolbarController

Ahhh... gotcha... I was just wondering that, and was about to check...

Unfortunately, CBT isnt working on Notes for me then... I'll be back in a few... 99% sure all three mods are up to date, but I'll recheck... I'll also get logs.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, in that case I'll put a beta up at the same time

oh... are you making changes *other* than CBT?

Cuz I have been resizing toolbar icons where I can, for mods that are not using 24x24 and 32x32, to eliminate log spam that they are throwing... and I already did the ones for Notes...

53 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

oh... are you making changes *other* than CBT?

Cuz I have been resizing toolbar icons where I can, for mods that are not using 24x24 and 32x32, to eliminate log spam that they are throwing... and I already did the ones for Notes...

I wasn't planning on it.  And the ToolbarController is supposed to deal with the icon spam for the mods that use it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.