[1.8.x] In game notes / notepad / checklist v0.16 2019/10/23

agises

Hi, I want to share this simple plugin I make for personal use and learning purposes, it is a space to put short notes (some form of notepad). It is hidden by default use ALT+ "N" keys (by default) to unhide/hide or the toolbar button. The notes are persistent via the save button and the interface shows everywhere in the game. I'm not a programmer and this is my very first approach to c# and unity so suggestions are more than welcome. :rolleyes:

0.16 Important: delete old versions prior 0.7 as dir structure of the plugin was changed(Make a backup of your notes) : Recompiled for 1.8.0

The up and down arrows are usable as text scroll, the next/prev buttons works as the buttons in the normal notes interface, and the green arrow will show some vessel info. You can use the rpm format in the notes, ie:

This is a test
[hw] half width
<color=#ffffff3e>color test
<color=#f4b541>orange
<color=#4587de>blue
<color=#133a0f>green
[dw] double width

Will print in the screen:

UzbGJE2.png?1

Features:

-Take in game notes anywhere.

-Multiple notes support.

-Multiple directories support.

-List/open/delete/save notes dialogs.

-Optional Toolbar integration.

-Movable windows with position save.

-Configurable keybind, font size and mouse button.

-Autosave open note when scene changes or game quit, even on ALT + F4.

-Ship's log.

-Unity default skin and KSP skin.

-Includes workaround for linux version bug: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/1230.

-Basic RasterPropMonitor support.

-Rich text support, info here

Screenshots:

6LkbsVU.png

Changelog:

Spoiler

• Recompiled for ksp 1.8.0, .net 4.7.2.

-0.14.2.1:

• Fixed multiple buttons going onto the toolbar
  • Changed from reloading every scene, to load once when the SpaceCenter is loaded and keep in memory

-0.14.2:

• Updated by Linuxgurugamer
  • Added support for the ToolbarController
  • Added build scripts
  • Added .version file
  • Added AssemblyVersion.cs to both DLLs

-0.14.1: update for 1.3, lazy recompile.

-0.14: update for 1.2.1, updated toolbarwrapper, update for new rpm.

-0.12.2: Corrected the "Toggle input lock" position (linux only).

-0.12.1: Added rich text support.

-0.12: Added RasterpropMonitor support.

-0.11: Interface changes to improve usability, fixed issue with refresh button texture size being not power of 2.

-0.10.1: Removed compatchecker, added keybind for the linux poorman fix(control lock), updated toolbarwrapper.

-0.10: Added the ability to create/delete directories, rearranged gui of notes list window.

-0.9.2: recompiled for 0.24

-0.9.1: Fix warning spam.

-0.9: Buttons for chose font size and current note, load note on mouse click, skins, gui minor arrangements, code reorganization.

-0.8.2: Added workaround for http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/1230.

-0.8.1: Proper data stamps (earth and kerbin), text size configurable via config.xml.

-0.8: Recompiled for 0.23.5, added ship's log, updated toolbarwrapper.

-0.7.1: Linux compatibility and fix toolbar issues. Thanks diomedea and blizzy78 for the bug find.

-0.7: minor code cleanup and gui tweaks, regen config.xml when plugin version changes, show/hide delete button toggle for avoid missclicks, new toolbar icons, improved toolbar tooltips, new refresh notes list button.

-0.6.1: bugfix release, fix windows id conflict with KMP plugin and possible others.

-0.6: selectable file list, delete note option, add tiny close buttons to notes and notes list windows.

-0.5: optional toolbar support, notes file list, configurable keybind, bug fixes.

-0.4: toolbar integration, window position save.

-0.3.1: movable window, compiled against ksp .23 assemblies.

-0.3: removed icon placeholder aka "tiny dot", keybind for hide/unhide. Added config file for the default note to open at start. Removed file extension for the notes files on the interface. More cleaner code, I guess... :huh:

-0.2.2: fixed scrollbar issues.

-0.2.1: unsaved text persistence. Autosave on exit, minimize.

-0.2: add multiple notes support.

-0.1: initial release.

Download:

https://github.com/hashashin/ksp_notes/releases

mirror: http://spacedock.info/mod/77

Source/bugs/code suggestions:

https://github.com/hashashin/ksp_notes

License GPLv3

Salud.

Ps: Sorry for my poor english.

Edited by agises
release update

Yeah its good for inflight, pre-flight and return flight checklist. I was just thinking about that last night while I was flying a mission. There were some procedures I wish I had in place to remember things. I was thinking about doing post it notes to do a checklist. This saves that.

Upon recovery of vehicle, save the open file

edit:

and multiple tabs please :P :P :P

I'll look at that and try to save the current note before the scene changes/load (I think it is possible to not destroy things during scene changes, but I'm not being sure), as workaround make sure you press save before changing scenes (change/recover vessel, go space center and so). The tab thing seems feasible I'll look into as well. No ETA, as I do this on spare times.

Can you add a custom UI to make it look like a notepad?

Perhaps in the future, I'm learning so I'll focus on the basics for now. And my artistic skills are poorer than those of a newborn...

Thanks for the suggestions, salud.

really nice mod. I love it. In the last 2 hours, I copied all the planet and moon details from the wiki and a DeltaV map.

Just an idea, can you make some options to view images from a specific folder? thanks

Also I realized that if your list get too long, you can`t scroll down to the bottom with the side scroll-er. I managed to scroll down if click somewhere in the text and pressing down arrow until I reached the bottom.

Edited by greg12

really nice mod. I love it. In the last 2 hours, I copied all the planet and moon details from the wiki and a DeltaV map.

Just an idea, can you make some options to view images from a specific folder? thanks

Also I realized that if your list get too long, you can`t scroll down to the bottom with the side scroll-er. I managed to scroll down if click somewhere in the text and pressing down arrow until I reached the bottom.

Hi, thanks for the comment. I think the image view is easy to do, but as far I know, within a plugin you can only read/write files from the gamedir or/and the plugindatadir (not sure) but never outside the gamedir. So the images need to be copied by hand in someplace accesible by the plugin. I'll look on the scroll problem, no ETA as usual.

PS: 1st post updated with version 0.2.1.

Salud.

Nice mod, I like how to button to open it up is almost hidden. That way it doesn't take up screen space. With so many mods out there that take up screen space, especially when a player might have multiple mods installed.

I really like the UI too. I really don't think you need to change a thing.

It should be fixed now on v0.2.2. However, I face a problem, it is a limit on how many characters (points in this case I guess) can be rendered at once onto game textfield. Technically is 65KB, that's what I read on unity forums at least. But on my tests I can't move above ~16KB of text rendered. Above this point the text is there, but not rendered, if you delete a portion, you can see more text coming up.

On the other hand, I realized it is should be enough for short notes. So, I have adapted the textarea and scrollbar to this behavior. The area you can scroll is the area rendered, below that point the text will be actually there, but not rendered in the game.

Salud.

Here is what my checklist looks like in game. I use mechjeb and Ioncross crew support. There might be changes when I fly with this checklist. I made it on launch pad and haven't tried it.

Pre-Launch checklist:

1. Engage autopilot in Ascent Guidance.

2. Edit ascent path.

3. If manned pod, set orbit inclination 0.

4. Click Gears button on top of window.

5. Double check staging.

Orbit checklist:

1. Turn on Smart A.S.S. (optional).

2. Hit CapsLocks for fine controls.

3. Extend solar panels or re-orient solar panels to sun.

4. Extend communication antenna or dish.

5. Toggle on navigation or beacon lights (U).

6. Check resources.

7. Check Science modules. Collect data and transmit data to

verify modules are operational.

Landing checklist:

1. Check fuel amount before landing, to insure there is

enough for landing and take-off.

2. Check O2 levels.

3. Retract all solar panels, antenna or dishes.

4. Toggle off navigation or beacon lights (U).

5. Extend gear (G).

On surface, before EVA:

1. Extend solar panels, antenna or dish.

2. Toggle on navigation or beacon lights (U).

3. Turn off Mechjeb.

Take-off checklist:

1. Check Electrical Charge, to insure enough power for flight

control.

2. Retract all panels, antenna or dishes.

3. Toggle off navigation or beacon lights (U).

Reentry checklist:

1. Decouple the last of ship when close to Kerbin, to insure

there is enough O2 in capsule for reentry.

on mine:

1- Full throttle.

2- Press space bar.

3- Make Jeb pray.

Just joking :D

On weekend I'll work onto a config file for tweak the plugin position, default note to show, size and so. Maybe the tabs and the file listing thing come next, but i want to keep this simple as posible... I mean it is a notes/checklist plugin not a text editor. Also I dont know how dificult could be for me, because of my knowledge limitations.

Salud.

on mine:

1- Full throttle.

2- Press space bar.

3- Make Jeb pray.

Just joking :D

On weekend I'll work onto a config file for tweak the plugin position, default note to show, size and so. Maybe the tabs and the file listing thing come next, but i want to keep this simple as posible... I mean it is a notes/checklist plugin not a text editor. Also I dont know how dificult could be for me, because of my knowledge limitations.

Salud.

Lol, I usually forget some things when on a mission.

Yeah keep it simple, its a good mod. Usually the simple ones are the best ones.

Is there a way to add in a way to access file without typing in the .txt extension to it. Like if I want to access myfile, all I have to do is type in window myfile and not myfile.txt I think it would speed up jumping from file to file.

Thanks.

hi again :D

I got a second request, would it be possible to move the 'dot' ? It is currently right over the first digit (when its xx.yy) on the VOID hud (see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/?p=719342 )

Both things done, no .txt extension on the file box and no dot anymore, now hide/unhides with alt+n. See first post for the new version 0.3. Also some minimal interface tweaks.

Salud.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.