[1.8.x] In game notes / notepad / checklist v0.16 2019/10/23

agises

Great mod, super helpful.

I was wondering if you considered potentially integrating some other lightweight features like a basic calculator or something. Just a thought.

Thanks!

Hi Omniverse, I'm glad you find it useful :). Sadly I have decided not to go beyond the functionality provided now (a simple notepad). Anyway there's plenty of plugins/utils that covers any calculation you need to do, ie: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/18230-0-22-Kerbal-Engineer-Redux-v0-6-1-4.

Of course, I'll consider any improvement suggestion for the current functionality.

Salud.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

0.5 release: Toolbar support is now optional so no need to have the toolbar dll to work and was removed from the release zip. The keybind is now configurable via the plugin config.xml file, you can change the second key so it will be ALT + "yourkeybind". Now it's possible list the names of the notes in the plugin directory via the List Notes button. Bug fixes and tweaks.

Salud.

0.6 released: Now it's posible to select the file to open in the notes list window and also delete notes. Bug fixes and gui tweaks.

For update to this version it's mandatory remove any old version 1st (make a backup of your notes) because of some changes in internal file names and the gui. Or just remove config.xml from the plugindata folder to let be recreated by the plugin.

0.6.1 bug fix release in 1st post.

Salud.

Edited by agises

Awesome work! This mod simply does not receive the attention it deserves.

KSP can get strange if you alt+tab out, which made keeping track of missions problematic at best.

In the past I had used your mod and created a main index sheet, which I could use as a reference to access all the other notes I've created. Seems you've made that obsolete by creating your own index page!!

I also had a nagging issue where alt+n would conflict with the City Lights & Clouds mod also activated by alt+n. Now I find that you've allowed the user to change that and that you've integrated into toolbar!!

Truly awesome work... and so simple in concept.

(This is my first post, I registered just today so that I could pass on my thanks to you, fine sir! )

Awesome work! This mod simply does not receive the attention it deserves.

KSP can get strange if you alt+tab out, which made keeping track of missions problematic at best.

Thanks! That's why I started this plugin, cause alt + tab is a pain and also to learn a little.

I also had a nagging issue where alt+n would conflict with the City Lights & Clouds mod also activated by alt+n. Now I find that you've allowed the user to change that and that you've integrated into toolbar!!

I also use City Lights & Clouds and I was thinking about just change the bind, but make it configurable was a must.

Truly awesome work... and so simple in concept.

Thanks again, glad you find it useful.

Salud.

Issue report.

Installed Ingame notes version 0.7, was using version 0.4 previously and all was well. However, now there is a button with no texture on it on the toolbar, still opening this mod main window (it was textured correctly with version 0.4) and, what is worst, the toolbar seems to not be counting correctly the existence of this button: this button is drawn within the toolbar, but other buttons (form other mods that have always worked fine and did not change) now are "pushed out" from the toolbar. Just a guess, but seems like a toolbar method is called so to place the button, but another is missing so that the toolbar is not sized accordingly to the presence of this button.

Please provide a screenshot.

Cannot. Didn't take one while having the issue, but after cleaning the mess and reinstalling (both Ingame Notes and Toolbar) all goes well. And keeps well even with the latest version, now. Will stay put if something similar happens again.

Cannot. Didn't take one while having the issue, but after cleaning the mess and reinstalling (both Ingame Notes and Toolbar) all goes well. And keeps well even with the latest version, now. Will stay put if something similar happens again.

Hi diomedea,

perhaps was an old version of toolbar? I only make tests with last one 1.4.2, that's will explain the fix when reinstaling it. Or you have 2 notes.dll at same time? old 0.4 and the new one, this would also explain the behavior you describe.

Edited by agises

Please provide a screenshot.
Hi diomedea,

perhaps was an old version of toolbar? I only make tests with last one 1.4.2, that's will explain the fix when reinstaling it. Or you have 2 notes.dll at same time? old 0.4 and the new one, this would also explain the behavior you describe.

Found what the issue was , was able to make that happen again and made a couple screenshots. The toolbar is positioned in the lower part, left to center.

Somehow, the texture files from version 0.7 were not installed, or at least not where the plugin wanted them to be. I was made to believe it was all OK with the texture file as I could still find the previous icon.tga file from notes o.4.

Agises, thank you so much for this fine tool. In a way, by suggesting I could have left two notes.dll in, you made me check what the differences in the installs were (so to see if the dll was put in different places) and so was clear that the texture folder and files have changed.

To your other question, I always use the most recent toolbar, 1.4.2 indeed. I have been using it since the very first public version, with a lot mods that make good use of it. But that weirdness was the first time for me.

Now it may be clear from the screenshots, anyway there is one button without texture (but active, it opens Ingame notes) while at the same time the toolbar is sized to count one button less than the actual number. In the VAB shot, it shows I had a full row of buttons gone outside of the toolbar rectangle, all of them could not be used.

Found what the issue was , was able to make that happen again and made a couple screenshots. The toolbar is positioned in the lower part, left to center.

Somehow, the texture files from version 0.7 were not installed, or at least not where the plugin wanted them to be. I was made to believe it was all OK with the texture file as I could still find the previous icon.tga file from notes o.4.

Agises, thank you so much for this fine tool. In a way, by suggesting I could have left two notes.dll in, you made me check what the differences in the installs were (so to see if the dll was put in different places) and so was clear that the texture folder and files have changed.

To your other question, I always use the most recent toolbar, 1.4.2 indeed. I have been using it since the very first public version, with a lot mods that make good use of it. But that weirdness was the first time for me.

Now it may be clear from the screenshots, anyway there is one button without texture (but active, it opens Ingame notes) while at the same time the toolbar is sized to count one button less than the actual number. In the VAB shot, it shows I had a full row of buttons gone outside of the toolbar rectangle, all of them could not be used.

Works fine here with a clean install and some plugins using the toolbar, notes icon it's the black one with the pencil:

wr5JJ1N.png?1

Are you on linux or mac? You should have 3 PNG files in GameData/notes/Textures/, icon.tga is not used now and can you please upload the output_log.txt file located in KSP_Data dir if the behavior continues? You can remove it prior game launch to make ksp regen it. Thanks.

Salud.

Works fine here with a clean install and some plugins using the toolbar, notes icon it's the black one with the pencil:

http://i.imgur.com/wr5JJ1N.png?1

Are you on linux or mac? You should have 3 PNG files in GameData/notes/Textures/, icon.tga is not used now and can you please upload the output_log.txt file located in KSP_Data dir if the behavior continues? You can remove it prior game launch to make ksp regen it. Thanks.

Salud.

Works fine here too, since when I reinstalled 0.7 for the second time and every file was put where it belongs. That was why I could not replicate the issue at first, notes 0.7 was working. Thanks again.

Works fine here too, since when I reinstalled 0.7 for the second time and every file was put where it belongs. That was why I could not replicate the issue at first, notes 0.7 was working. Thanks again.

ok I do not quite understand your post then, sorry :sealed: . I'm glad everything works now.

Salud.

ok I do not quite understand your post then, sorry :sealed: . I'm glad everything works now.

Salud.

Based on reading the thread, I think What diomeda found was that you should suggest users remove the previous version before installing. this will "correct" issues with the changes to your folder structure. New users will not experience this issue, as they do not have a previous installation.

Is that right diomedea?

Also, I was getting ready to add Checklists to Ship Manifest until I discovered this Mod. I saw a request in the suggestions forum for a checklist, and it seemed like a good fit for Ship Manifest. But it seems a solution is already available. I have mentioned your mod in my thread. Good work!

Based on reading the thread, I think What diomeda found was that you should suggest users remove the previous version before installing. this will "correct" issues with the changes to your folder structure. New users will not experience this issue, as they do not have a previous installation.

Is that right diomedea?

Also, I was getting ready to add Checklists to Ship Manifest until I discovered this Mod. I saw a request in the suggestions forum for a checklist, and it seemed like a good fit for Ship Manifest. But it seems a solution is already available. I have mentioned your mod in my thread. Good work!

Hi Papa_Joe,

Yeah forgot to mention that, but cause I think it will not be a problem as I was mixing old and new files and dirs during development lol. I updated the first post with a warning.

Thanks for the mention, as curiosity I was thinking about make the plugin able to make a note based on the ship name if requested, some kind of bitacora. I use Ship Manifest all the time and the checklist with checkboxes would be great, I just added the word checklist for visibility :sticktongue: but this plugin is mainly a notepad, so I dont think have this in Ship Manifest going to step my efforts. :)

Salud.

Edited by agises

Is that right diomedea?

Hi Papa_Joe,

in a way yes, that is correct and your suggestion on spot to prevent similar issues. Had I deleted notes 0.4 completely before installing 0.7, that would not have happened. In the end it seems like old files were kept, while new files did not go where they should have. I actually let an automated mod manager do that update the first time, so the different structure of the mod versions may have caused some garbling. When I resorted to do the install by hand (the second time) all went well.

Hi Papa_Joe,

Yeah forgot to mention that, but cause I think it will not be a problem as I was mixing old and new files and dirs during development lol. I updated the first post with a warning.

Thanks for the mention, as curiosity I was thinking about make the plugin able to make a note based on the ship name if requested, some kind of bitacora. I use Ship Manifest all the time and the checklist with checkboxes would be great, I just added the word checklist for visibility :sticktongue: but this plugin is mainly a notepad, so I dont think have this in Ship Manifest going to step my efforts. :)

Salud.

Thank you very much agises! I will do my best to make it a worthy addition. Off to share the news in the Ship manifest thread.

¡salud!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.