[1.8.x] In game notes / notepad / checklist v0.16 2019/10/23

agises

• 7 months later...

I'd love to have a per-craft set of notes -- or even a means of modifying the craft description as set during construction. Flight instructions, lists of action group features, and ASET prop AG labels are derived from it -- it would be great to edit / tweak them mid-flight.

47 minutes ago, Nikolai said:

I'm not getting anything when I hit Alt-N.  Is there a context in which I need to use this key combination or something?  I'm using notes 0.16, KSP 1.8.0.

Alt+N should work anywhere in game, it's only that not working or you dont even get the stock toolbar icon? If so you may need to install: ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarControl, I forgot to update that on the 1st post.

38 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I'd love to have a per-craft set of notes -- or even a means of modifying the craft description as set during construction. Flight instructions, lists of action group features, and ASET prop AG labels are derived from it -- it would be great to edit / tweak them mid-flight.

As I said before, I like my plugins to do only one thing, right or wrong :wink:,  but one. This just a notepad.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:03 PM, Setebos said:

Suggestion: move default notes.txt to directory external to mod dir. With every update I forgot to backup this file. Already lost my notes twice.

That's a limitation/security thing of ksp, you cant do anything outside the game directory via plugin, I can try to add an option to move them to the saves forlder ex: "saves/notes", but keeping the default as is. Anyway I dont promise anything more than you should make backups.

Salud.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, agises said:

That's a limitation/security thing of ksp, you cant do anything outside the game directory via plugin, I can try to add an option to move them to the saves forlder ex: "saves/notes", but keeping the default as is. Anyway I dont promise anything more than you should make backups.

@agises Hmmm... would making a setting for a user defined folder location *within* /GameData/ be a possible compromise you would consider?

ie for stuff I modify/save, such as MM patches that I dont put in specific mod folder (ie a patch I make that affects stock stuff, or several mods at once), I usually make my own /GameData/zStoneBlue/ to put stuff in... just so when I do a new/fresh install of KSP, that folder with my "personal" stuff, is staring me in the face when I look at /GameData folder... and I then remember to copy/paste that folder over to another install...

IIRC, general consensus is as long as a mod *only* creates/modifies folders *within* the KSP_<install>/ folder, it should be ok... vOv

And if so, would you also consider doing the same with your ImageViewer mod?

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamerThis is the mod I mentioned in the stream last night. So you said you have a mod like this already?

This is a nice mod, I have a bunch of checklist and what not's, I use. This mod comes in handy, the UI needs to be cleaned up a little. This one is my must have mods. I use to use Image Viewer mod too, but I since don't bring in images in my game, I find my personal notes more important. I feel like this mod author of Notes mod, did the Image Viewer mod too, the original one.

Could almost merge the two mods together, Image viewer and Notes mod and call it something else.

Edited by therealcrow999

44 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

I use to use Image Viewer mod too, but I since don't bring in images in my game, I find my personal notes more important. I feel like this mod author of Notes mod, did the Image Viewer mod too, the original one.

Could almost merge the two mods together, Image viewer and Notes mod and call it something else.

I fing image viewer useful for viewing .pdfs in-game. That is, *after* I've converted relevant pages to an image file IV recognizes. ;)

And yes, agises is the original author of both, and LGG IIRC, has a thread for a newer version... or was it Image Viewer? or both?... :P

• 7 months later...

I have asked@agises for permission, hopefully @agises @agises (say his name three times...) grants permission.

Greetings!

• notes

I am asking for your permission to update / continue / adopt / release the above named wonderful mod.

I absolutely love this mod and really want others to enjoy it as well.

Hopefully I hear back from you with an answer, but in case I don't hear back from you I intend to respectfully proceed as soon as the middle of Oct 2021, as permitted by the individual licenses of this mod.

I will provide recognition of original authors/maintainers; and I will gladly step aside should you ever want to continue this mod yourself.?

Couple of requests:

• In the interest of continuity and for the players, I am asking to be added to the SpaceDock 'Authors' so I can update / release using the same listing. Using the same listing will benefit the players and avoid confusion.

A posting on the related Forum thread would be swell along with a public posting in the mod's thread tagging and telling @HebaruSanand @DasSkelettabout this adoption so CKAN will be smoothly updated.

notes (aka ksp_notes) gplV3

Forums CKAN

Github <-- link

SpaceDock <--link

Thank you kindly in advance!

Authors: agiseslink

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 3 months later...

I thought you were being really nice and supportive. I don't think it warranted the "go and make your own" comment.

I just transferred my whole game, saves and ships included from a Win10 laptop to a Win11 desktop...it all seems successful except the Notes add on doesn't appear anywhere. Was wondering if this was a Win11 issue?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.