[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

Yes - right clicking. I think I tried the staging thing yesterday, but it shouldn't do anything with SDHI anyway. Should have mentioned that, it's one way the SM is different from most decouplers.

Yes, I know; I'm a little bit involved since creating AnimatedDecouplers for SDHI ;)

I think I've found a bug. It involves rover wheels getting stuck to the launchpad/runway or them being broken upon going to launch when using the octagonal struts. It's very easy to reproduce. I've tested it with KSP 0.90 and KJR 3.0.1. being the only mod installed. If I'm running the stock game with no mods it doesn't happen.

It seems to only occur if the craft is built in a specific way. If I start off with any command pod and then place either the octagonal strut or cubic octagonal strut underneath it like this:

screenshot1.jpg?rev=0

and then build off either of the struts like this (just 2 module girder segments and then any type of rover wheels off of the girder segments):

screenshot2.jpg?rev=0

and then launch. It gets stuck.

If I use the Rovemax Model M1 wheels they start broken like this:

screenshot3.jpg?rev=0

Note: This bug only happens when I build off of the octagonal struts. If I build off of the command pod itself there isn't a bug. If I remove the octagonal strut and put a girder segment in its place there isn't a bug.

Try the dev build, see if that fixes it. If not, I'll look into it further.

Where do I find the dev build? I don't know my way around Github.

EDIT: I was looking around and I think I found it. The file was updated only an hour ago. It fixed the problem. Thanks.

Edited by bdito

I've read through the last 8 pages and see the issue of a decoupler acting as a launch clamp has been noticed. I would like to add for the developers information gathering that I have found the Universal Storage part, the quad core, creates the effect of all external decouplers acting like a launch clamp if the quad core is attached under any decoupler type. I'm using the latest public update and troubleshot it in several different ways, but as soon as I remove KJR the issue goes way.

I seem to be having a problem with KJR and docking ports. Specifically, docking ports used by ground based ships. I've built a base on Mun that is made up of individual "ships". Each "ship" is built on wheels and has an external command chair so I can move them around if necessary, but they normally sit on their landing gear. The "ships" are connected together using docking ports. Originally I tried using the "Clamp-O-Tron Docking Module" from Stockalike Station Parts, but when I experienced the issue I switched to using standard "Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port" and got the same result. Basically when I'm trying to seperate the "ships" so I can move them I right click on the docking port and select "Undock". This splits the base into two "ships" that I can control seperately, but the ships can't actually move away from each other because the docking ports won't let go of each other. If I remove KJR and try the exact same procedure using the exact same parts, the two "ships" can move apart just fine.

This only seems to happen with ground based ships. When I have two space based ships undock from each other, they seem to seperate just fine.

I'm using the current v3.0.1 Is this a bug or do I simply need to adjust the config.xml so that ground based docking ports don't have as much reinforcement? Is that even possible?

Just got a weird bug with vessel (unmanned probe) while on Mun orbit. When I've loaded save, it stopped in orbit (50x50km, around 500m\s speed) right after "KJR is doing its stuff" message - just like old "zero orbital speed" bug introduced in 0.23.5. Interesting, but if I was quick enough to activate time warp, it continued to fly normally - right until I go back to 1x. Reverting back to 2.4.5 fixed it.

Sadly, but I haven't save or log (these became overwritten when I've tried to fix it). Probe used parts from RemoteTech, Tantares and Universal Storage, all latest, 0.90-compatible versions, it also has Mechjeb. Nothing unusual in the logs.

I've also encountered this but only with unmanned probes that are a long distance from Kerbin. I also use RemoteTech so I've got a few unmanned probes making up a communication network orbitting Kerbin at 600km and a few orbiting Mun at 300km. Both of those groups of probs work just fine. But when I try to fly a prob to a 12mil meter equitorial orbit around Kerbin (to fulfill a contract), the prob freaks out and either stops moving or rips itself apart. Removing KJR resolves the issue.

The one thing I notice is it only happens when you either load a save or switch to the probe. If I launch and stay with the probe as the active craft for the entire flight (I can use time warp just fine), it flies perfectly. But as soon as I return to spaceport or switch to another craft, switching back to the probe causing the problem.

I'm using v3.0.1

I've also encountered this but only with unmanned probes that are a long distance from Kerbin. I also use RemoteTech so I've got a few unmanned probes making up a communication network orbitting Kerbin at 600km and a few orbiting Mun at 300km. Both of those groups of probs work just fine. But when I try to fly a prob to a 12mil meter equitorial orbit around Kerbin (to fulfill a contract), the prob freaks out and either stops moving or rips itself apart. Removing KJR resolves the issue.

The one thing I notice is it only happens when you either load a save or switch to the probe. If I launch and stay with the probe as the active craft for the entire flight (I can use time warp just fine), it flies perfectly. But as soon as I return to spaceport or switch to another craft, switching back to the probe causing the problem.

I'm using v3.0.1

And i've had this issue also...

I'm using v3.0.1

I tried using the current dev build. It seems like it might have resolved the issue because I was able to switch to the probe that was freezing/disintegrating with the 3.0.1 dll. Unfortunately, I then switched to my mun base which promptly exploded for no reason. So I've had to remove KJR for now.

chrisl, are you using Kerbal Attachment System. I've run into issues with it in relation to the ground pylons initially spawning slightly underground(according to output.log), then springing into the air and exploding spectacularly. It seems to occur more on sloped terrain, but I even had it happen on the flats of minimus.

chrisl, are you using Kerbal Attachment System. I've run into issues with it in relation to the ground pylons initially spawning slightly underground(according to output.log), then springing into the air and exploding spectacularly. It seems to occur more on sloped terrain, but I even had it happen on the flats of minimus.

Not in my .90 install. I built my modular base on the idea of large "rovers" that used docking modules (Stockalike Station Parts) to link up. I'm not even sure where the explosions started first. I had some debris (tanks and engines used to land the "rovers") off to the side which I think exploded first but my guess is they were just fewer parts/"ship" so the system completed whatever physics calculations it needed to do in order to decide they should explode.

0B3EC80E97BD61B93D04D5A54D88D01E10BE1B07

I've detected no problems with the DLL from github. I've done a lot of launches with it and a few dockings and undockings.

Had one instance testing a new part for ReStock Ninety where I had the mass too low and engines were flying around loose *but staying attached*. It was hilarious. :) Once the rocket got some altitude the engines snapped back into position and it continued to ascend. I was expecting it to eventually all come apart and crash but it held. Easily fixed by upping the mass of the large part.

And i've had this issue also...

I can confirm that I have this issue too. I switch to a probe in orbit around a body and as KJR loads, it spins uncontrollably and half of the probe gets shot off in every direction. Also, I have a space station in orbit around Kerbin and after KJR initializes, the space station starts bending (even with docking ports that match the diameter of the station itself, 2.5m) until it snaps. Removing KJR allows me to load these ships without any problems.

I can confirm that I have this issue too. I switch to a probe in orbit around a body and as KJR loads, it spins uncontrollably and half of the probe gets shot off in every direction. Also, I have a space station in orbit around Kerbin and after KJR initializes, the space station starts bending (even with docking ports that match the diameter of the station itself, 2.5m) until it snaps. Removing KJR allows me to load these ships without any problems.

I've been having this issue also :(

And have you tried the dev build?

I will give the dev build a try in a moment.

I believe the current dev build (dll from the github repo, not releases) should fix most of the issues people have reported. Try it out, and if it works, I'll push it as KJR 3.0.2.

Just grabbed the latest dev build. So far so good. I was able to jump to my mun base without it blowing up. And I didn't have any problems undocking one of the modules, moving away, and then redocking. Unfortunately I don't have any contract probes in exceedingly high orbits right now but I'll keep playing and see what happens.

I've encountered bug (I think so, it may be a feature) - KJR kills my time warp now and then, without any reason to do so. Long flights are pain because of it. Is any way to switch it off?

That doesn't sound like something KJR is doing. KJR will activate every time the timewarp DOES drop to 1x, but none of the listed features actually pull you out of timewarp. I'm sure Ferram4 will correct me if I'm wrong, but... this sounds like another mod.

Are you using TAC life support, or Kerbal Alarm Clock, or Fusebox, or Science Alert, or anything else that might have triggered?