[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

hi maculator,

of course, sry, thought the problem is known:

my spaceship looks like this, you see, there are parts of infernal robotics.:

ZzUzWtO.jpg

when im on the ramp, and let the siderockets pull up, they stand allmost still. the joints "try" to pull them up, but it looks like, joint reinforcement is to strong :) i could make a second screeny or a short video if it would help you. by now, joint reinforcement is uninstalled, cause of that problem.

thanks for your time!

There is this docking port bug which I'm getting; when undocking the now 2 separate crafts stick together.

When I time warp they do drift apart, but get pulled together when exiting timewarp. Depending on the distance this results in

the craft getting damaged or explodes completely. I'm guessing the extra connection on the docking ports aren't getting removed.

The Dockingport bug is a common issue theres a thread arround here somwhere.

Rumchiller: For me your creation worked just fine. I have a crane with almost identical feet. Does it move in the VAB?

...didnt we identify this new docking port bug caused by KJR ???

There is this docking port bug which I'm getting; when undocking the now 2 separate crafts stick together.

When I time warp they do drift apart, but get pulled together when exiting timewarp. Depending on the distance this results in

the craft getting damaged or explodes completely. I'm guessing the extra connection on the docking ports aren't getting removed.

Try using the latest Dev version, seems to be fixing the issue for most.

Edited by TheGroovyMule

Hey ferram, theres a phantom torque problem coming from somewhere. First noted on http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75129-Universal-Storage-1-0-90-2-%28For-KSP-0-90%29-19th-January-2015?p=1703742&viewfull=1#post1703742, while it initially looked like an universial storage problem, I, like the person who reported it, am also using KJR, so I looked into it. First I tried a variant of the craft which didn't use the US parts, still had the phantom torque, so I tried it without KJR and the torque problem disappeared.

When I put KJR back on, within seconds of loading the ship, the phantom torque reappeared. I'm using version 3.1.1

Edit: I rolled back to 3.0 and it's actually slightly worse. I'm going to switch back to 3.1.1 and remove the non-stock parts (besides mechjeb) to see what happens.

Edit2: Even with stock parts only (besides mechjeb), it still has a phantom torque somewhere. Though I should try without mechjeb. You can tell it's moving ever so slightly because if you put your cursor near it, it'll soonish move to where one of the parts becomes highlighted by your cursor. It should be absolutely still, right? I think.

Edited by smjjames

...I'm not sure if I got the dev build or not but something odd just happened to me while in orbit. I experienced the usual docking bug. But when they magically joined back together something odd happened. The second I press "undock" again, things start to go boom. Then whatever gets touched, by anything... Explodes. In a big fiery mess. I went to transfer the Kerbals into the nearby station so that I could just scuttle the shuttle (say that five times fast) and save the crew... But the second Bill exited the hatch, the cockpit exploded. Then whatever Bill touched exploded. See below...

http://youtu.be/ZkVfc9Y886k

Will update after removing KJR and testing again.

Edited by Mykill Metal

I'm too stupid for logs... Don't know where they are, which ones to use... But I removed KJR and it didn't 'splode, I was able to attach both sections of the station together and de-orbit/land the shuttle without it falling apart. Also, I'm not sure which link is the dev-build. If it's the most recent link on Page 1 of this thread. Then, yes. If it's some other one, then no... I don't know where it is and how to tell the difference.

I'm too stupid for logs... Don't know where they are, which ones to use... But I removed KJR and it didn't 'splode, I was able to attach both sections of the station together and de-orbit/land the shuttle without it falling apart. Also, I'm not sure which link is the dev-build. If it's the most recent link on Page 1 of this thread. Then, yes. If it's some other one, then no... I don't know where it is and how to tell the difference.

This post explains how to find your log.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

@soarpotman: KerbalStuff has it.

@Mykill Metal: And a log? And can you try the dev build on github to see if that causes the issue?

Uh, what about the problem that I mentioned? And how do I find the devbiild? The latest that I can find is 3.1.1.

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier (I forgot that I had this same problem and had to hack my save file)

That issue with ships not properly undocking can be caused by a certain known issue with docking port data being corrupted.

Including the part where you time warp and the ship drifts apart but then snaps back together when you stop warping.

Uh, what about the problem that I mentioned? And how do I find the devbiild? The latest that I can find is 3.1.1.

Can someone please post a link to the dev build? It keeps getting mentioned in this thread but all I can find on github is 3.1.1.

Can someone please post a link to the dev build? It keeps getting mentioned in this thread but all I can find on github is 3.1.1.

And mentioned in other threads too. I've even looked in Ferrams repository on github, so, as far as I can tell, theres nothing newer than the 3.1.1 version.

3.1.1 release DLL is definitely causing trouble for me with undocking from my space station. I was even trying to use the F5/F9 trick to get the ports to release, but that just resulted in fireworks this time every time I loaded the save.

Better link for the dev version seems to be:

https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/blob/master/GameData/KerbalJointReinforcement/Plugin/KerbalJointReinforcement.dll

Trying out the Jan 17th version of the DLL, to see if the problem is fixed or not.