[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

KJR's dev DLL version has been working fine for me even with a large mod list. If anything, it's super good now and I haven't needed a single strut on any space stations. There's just no wobble at all between Clamp-o-tron docked parts (regular or junior).

Hi to all,

Here is my modlist:

000_Toolbar

000_USITools

ActiveTextureManagement

BetterBuoyancy

BoulderCo

Chatterer

CIT

CollisionFX

CommunityResourcePack

CommunityTechTree

ContractConfigurator

ContractPacks

Contracts Window

CrowdSourcedScience

CustomBiomes

Diazo

DistantObject

DMagicOrbitalScience

dockingtube

EditorExtensions

EnhancedNavBall

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

Firespitter

ftmn_new

FuelTanksPlus

Fusebox

JSI

KAS

KAX

KerbalEngineer

KerbalFoundries

KerbalJointReinforcement

KittopiaSpace

KSPRC

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

MissionControllerEC

ModRocketSys

ModuleManager.2.5.10.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleRCSFX

MP_Nazari

NASAmission

NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator

NavyFish

NEAR

NehemiahInc

OPT

PartIconFixer_1_2.dll

PEST

Pilot Assistant

PlanetShine

PreciseNode

RcsSounds

RealChute

Regolith

RLA_Stockalike

Romfarer

SCANsat

ScienceAlert

ScienceFunding

ScienceFunding.version

ShipManifest

SirDargon

smallsnack

SmartParts

snackpak

Snacks

SnacksPartsByWhyren

SolarScience

SpaceY-Lifters

Squad

StageRecovery

StationScience

TarsierSpaceTech

TCShipInfo

TechManager

TextureReplacer

toolbar-settings.dat

TriggerTech

TweakScale

UmbraSpaceIndustries

UniversalStorage

VerneTech

WaypointManager

For now i deleted all my saves and started a new game with all the mods proper initialised at the beginning of the game. Hope this will lead to less trouble. Also if the bug is happening again it should also happen on Kerbin right ? If so i could trasticly shorten the test time :-)

@WuphonsReach

Would you provide your mod list, so i can cross them off my list of possible causes and focus on the other one. Will also read the sticky on the weekend.

Thanks all for your patience :-)

Edited by ManuxKerb
typos

@Manuxkerb, which of those mods do something with the camera? That might be a place to start as far as eliminating which one is doing it. Also, you have to test the bug in the environment that you encountered it, which was in orbit, though I guess by all means test on Kerbin as well to see if it happens there. If you meant in orbit of Kerbin, then sure, the object that you're orbiting shouldn't matter.

Edited by smjjames

Ferram, I posted a bunch of stuff a while ago, and you suggested I try the dev build, which I did. All my stuck docking issues instantly went away when I switched to your dev version.

I did numerous tests, including adding mods in 1 at a time and retesting, and in tests with the problem, a save with the issue would be fine with the dev version you had suggested. I linked craft files, etc back then.

Thanks for the mods, and your time.

I can confirm this. In the normal latest build, 90% of the time, any docked ship no matter the type of docking port, was stuck after a decouple. But after I installed the dev version, all stuck docking ports problems were gone.

Why not work docking ports? If the connected parts launched from surface, they can not be separated in space. They can not break even the most powerful engines.

Follow this link and click view raw. Take the kerbaljointreinforcment.dll and replace the one in your gamedata folder. That will fix your docking port being stuck. Hope you didn't lose any ships or progress

Hi Ferram,

I did some testing with the new dev version and the docking error did for now not reapear. I docked 5 times and it work. Could be luck but it seems more likely that one mod did not initialize properly or so.

Thanks for putting the work into this!

Follow this link and click view raw. Take the kerbaljointreinforcment.dll and replace the one in your gamedata folder. That will fix your docking port being stuck. Hope you didn't lose any ships or progress

Thank you, it works fine. This is better than using decoupler between the docking ports.

Where do I find the parts settings for "stock" RO engines? The gimbal ranges are huge, and sure, maybe that's realistic to real life, but KSP's control system is very crude by keyboard (and I had negative experiences controlling by joystick); it's basically bang-bang. "Precision" controls are just bang-bang with a delay. So my rockets are sometimes getting ripped apart (aerodynamically) by the massive gimbal ranges when I try to manually control them (and subsequently OVER control them and put too much yaw on them), and I need to reduce the gimbal ranges. I can LOCK gimbals on some/most of my engines, which works kinda ok for stages with a lot of engines, but not all stages have a lot of engines. I assume engine gimbal ranges are in the part config files, somewhere...

Edited by |Velocity|

Alright, since I was finally able to close all the bug reports and get the last little thing I wanted in here, v3.1.2 is out with the docking fix and some additional tweaks to make stiffening for parts attached in symmetry to a single part a little stiffer; should prevent some phantom oscillations.

Edited by ferram4

Alright, since I was finally able to close all the bug reports and get the last little thing I wanted in here, v3.1.2 is out with the docking fix and some additional tweaks to make stiffening for parts attached in symmetry to a single part a little stiffer; should prevent some phantom oscillations.

Awesome, thank you very much Farram4

I found a major bug, it seems that it can make docking clambs malfunction. Whenever I put at least 3 heavy items by my Non Androgynous docking ports and install this mod, the docking fail to function while without the mod, it works as it should.

Edit: Note that at the moment of undocking, I get a lot of Index not found in dictionary exceptions.

Edit I use this version, and the problem seem to be solved. Why isn't this the default download?

Edited by FreeThinker

• 3 weeks later...

I built a big rocket with RSS+RO+KJR. After I click launch, when the KJR finishes loading, the timer (T+xx:xx:xx) in the game begins. This means the system recognised that i moved the rocket, but actually i didn't do anything. The will cause the Life Support Mod starts to use resources before liftoff and MechJeb will ignite and release the clamp before I press space.

The cause of this might be that KJR makes the rocket move a bit because it's too heavy, and the game thinks that i moved the rocket.

Anybody else has the problem?

You may have too many, or too few, launch clamps. Could be the same with struts. Hit F3 after physics stabilization is done and see if there's any failures shown.

What happens to your rocket when it loads without KJR? Big splosion? Broken joints? Try running some struts from the launch clamps to the rocket. I've never tried that, but I tend not to build launch pad crushing rockets. ;)

How high above the pad is the lowest point of your rocket? Unless you have a mod that inflicts 'splash damage' from exhaust, get it down to almost touching the pad to minimize pre-launch sway.

KJR REALLY does not like it when a vessel is spawned connected to a vessel via routine mission manager mod, it spams this error until I go to spacecenter (or maybe change to another vessel, haven't tried that).

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Vessel,System.Int32].get_Item (.Vessel key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0