[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

14 hours ago, Kowgan said:

@smjjames How else would we be able to do this? :P

Well that was a fun idea that got me distracted for a good hour, thanks :)  I tried other designs but yours gave the best screenies

ITgUOMD.jpg

It looks to me like it really wants to go somewhere, but something is just holding it back!

Edited by MalevolentNinja

3 hours ago, emerald said:

Rebuilt for KSP 1.1, appears to work, but without any warranty.

https://github.com/emerald79/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement

Not working for me. Im on 64 bit. Could that be an issue? (UPDATE): not working at all :/  Thank you for working to get it working though the noodle joints infuriate me LOL.

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx

Thank you emerald for your work!

I can't get it to work.

My first try was a bit greedy and i tried it in the 64 bit version ( :D ) as expected 64 bit warning showed up. And nothing happend.

Second try was in the 32bit version of the prerelease. No warning poped up. Expected. But after puting a craft on the launchpad it began to "wobble" as usual.

Have u any ideas?

EDIT:

have only KER as an other mod installed

Edited by gandi3k
addition

I'm guessing the 64 bit warning is a hold-over from 1.0.5 and previous where 64-bit was buggered. I hope all modders will be happy to support the 64-bit KSP in the future!

16 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm guessing the 64 bit warning is a hold-over from 1.0.5 and previous where 64-bit was buggered. I hope all modders will be happy to support the 64-bit KSP in the future!

Try unfixing the .dll first using something like this, https://github.com/jrodrigv/KSPx64TotalUnfixer/releases otherwise it will automatically disable itself. No guarantee this will work, however when running FAR and KJR on x64 on 1.05 with the work around this did work for me.

Just now, Jebman82 said:

Try unfixing the .dll first using something like this, https://github.com/jrodrigv/KSPx64TotalUnfixer/releases otherwise it will automatically disable itself. No guarantee this will work, however when running FAR and KJR on x64 on 1.05 with the work around this did work for me.

it does not work on 32 bit either though.

Just now, XxDARKWOLF67Xx said:

it does not work on 32 bit either though.

Ah ok, sorry I must of mis-read. Sounds like it is a no go. Another member mentioned @ferram4 doesn't have access to pre-release 1.1 so it might be a few weeks before you see a working version.

Solution = MOAR struts

On 31.3.2016 at 5:00 AM, smjjames said:

Dang, would have been useful if he was able to.

Probably best to test the pre-release build in all it's noodley goodness anyway.

I would gladly sponsor him the steam version for a quick 1.1 compatible version of KJR if he wants - just drop a PM :)

Edited by Darkstar One

2 minutes ago, Darkstar One said:

I would gladly sponsor him the steam version if he wants - just drop a PM :)

I'm in no hurry to get KJR for the open pre-release and it's best to test it out with as few mods as possible, including physics altering mods.

Removed the win64 warning, which also prevented KJR from running on win64.

If the game mechanics for vessel handling changed, it is possible this KJR version does not work anymore, but some debugging (Linux64) showed the methods being called by the game.

Easiest way is to get the .dll and the .version file and put into the KerbalJointReinforcements folder overriding the existing ones.

1 hour ago, dave1904 said:

that rebuild version is working for me, the folder just does not extract properly. put the kerbal joint reinforcement folder into gamedata and let it merge with the second one in the gamedata folder

still not working for me :/

17 minutes ago, emerald said:

Removed the win64 warning, which also prevented KJR from running on win64.

If the game mechanics for vessel handling changed, it is possible this KJR version does not work anymore, but some debugging (Linux64) showed the methods being called by the game.

Easiest way is to get the .dll and the .version file and put into the KerbalJointReinforcements folder overriding the existing ones.

which kerbal joint folder? The one in the game data or independent one? 

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Might be time to start a new thread for this fork of KJR, not really fair to the author to fill this thread with the chatter about it.

Quoting because it might have been missed on the previous page. Please take it to a new thread.

7 minutes ago, XxDARKWOLF67Xx said:

which kerbal joint folder? The one in the game data or independent one? 

Put the .version files in the GameData/KerbalJointReinforcements/ folder and the .dll in the Plugin subfolder therein, and override the respective file there.

continue there: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135702-kerbaljointreinforcement-for-ksp-11/

Edited by emerald

As has been noted, there will not be an official KJR for KSP 1.1 until the full release version of 1.1 is out to avoid hassles.  In addition, as noted in the spinoff thread and on the github PR, the code does not properly fix KJR.

I would suggest that if KJR is that important to you, you go back to using 1.0.5; if not, live without it during the 1.1 pre-release.  The trouble of attempting a rat race with a frequently updating pre-release build is not worth it.

KJR 3.1.5 will be out when the stable version of 1.1 is out.  Not sooner, not later.

1 hour ago, ferram4 said:

KJR 3.1.5 will be out when the stable version of 1.1 is out.  Not sooner, not later.

I've always figured the prerelease was to provide testing of the stock game, and to give modders time to look at things before release.  Not so much to have modders frantically try to provide updated modules for a prerelease version of the game that has a predetermined short life span.  It's meant to reduce franticness, not increase.  Any mod release within the prerelease timeframe is going to be wildly development.  While I think it's OK for releasing speculative builds (as @emerald did), expecting anything remotely like an updated release is a crazy pipe dream.  So, please, @ferram4 take your time.  Don't rush, don't stress, and don't listen to people whining that your mod, tha you make for free, isn't working in either prerelease (or release for that matter) 1.1.

That said, I haven't used KSP without this mod in so long, that now that I'm testing my mods without it, I'm seriously thinking I should just mark this down as a hard dependency.  What the hell is stock KSP doing with joints?  It's like there's negative damping.  It's totally crazy.