[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

I think I may have experienced the same bug as Rebel-1 while flying around Kerbin. As the plane ascends and descends through 130-150m ASL there is a severe pitch oscillation (aka a "bump"). Severity is dependent on speed. Example of test plane shown below:

frupzfoh.png

The effect is still present with engine gimbals locked and reaction torque disabled (ie flying on areo control surfaces only). Flying manually with no SAS autostab. makes no difference either, so I don't think it is a control conflict issue.

Makes it difficult to land as it happens just on final approach, with not much time to recover, and Harrier/Kestrel type VTOLS just go loopy!

Unfortunately I'm fairly sure it is caused by KJR as I have tried it on a standalone vanilla install. (x64). Hope this extra info helps in your bug hunt.

Sincere apologies for by bad manners in reporting in at this time :wink:

Edited by percyPrune

I was having a weird Rapid Unplanned disassembly issue last night whenever a ship with clipped parts was changing SOI while active, could it be related ? Logs don't show much... 

2 hours ago, percyPrune said:

I think I may have experienced the same bug as Rebel-1 while flying around Kerbin. As the plane ascends and descends through 130-150m ASL there is a severe pitch oscillation (aka a "bump"). Severity is dependent on speed. Example of test plane shown below:

frupzfoh.png

The effect is still present with engine gimbals locked and reaction torque disabled (ie flying on areo control surfaces only). Flying manually with no SAS autostab. makes no difference either, so I don't think it is a control conflict issue.

Makes it difficult to land as it happens just on final approach, with not much time to recover, and Harrier/Kestrel type VTOLS just go loopy!

Unfortunately I'm fairly sure it is caused by KJR as I have tried it on a standalone vanilla install. (x64). Hope this extra info helps in your bug hunt.

Sincere apologies for by bad manners in reporting in at this time :wink:

I have the same problem with my rockets, when ascending about 50 m/s i see a big bump and i reach an orbit the bumps occurs make sas unstable.

I have experienced the bug described by percyPrune and others while launching the stock KebalX rocket to test my modded game. Rocket was at about 35 km and maybe 45 degree tilt when it suddenly changed heading for no apparent reason.

Edited by Vrana

55 minutes ago, Kolago said:

My ship explodes every time at SOI Change on the way to Moho. After removing KJR 3.3.0 it works again.

Possibly related to this, I've noticed that ships often pick up some spin on crossing an SoI boundary.   I think this started after I installed the latest KJR. 

What appears to be happening is some kind of shenanigans with multi-part joints and Krakensbane.  Krakensbane has been made a fair bit more flexible in when it is activated in 1.2, and the switch seems to cause issues.  I'm not sure exactly why this is happening though, but I'm sure I'll find it soon enough.

Edit: There is now another dev build that should have this fixed.  I question why I'm even linking this and saying anything considering that the entire point of dev builds didn't work out here and I had to push out a release to get a report on a critical bug.

Edited by ferram4

11 hours ago, ferram4 said:

What appears to be happening is some kind of shenanigans with multi-part joints and Krakensbane.  Krakensbane has been made a fair bit more flexible in when it is activated in 1.2, and the switch seems to cause issues.  I'm not sure exactly why this is happening though, but I'm sure I'll find it soon enough.

Edit: There is now another dev build that should have this fixed.  I question why I'm even linking this and saying anything considering that the entire point of dev builds didn't work out here and I had to push out a release to get a report on a critical bug.

This version seems to work. Bug is not observed. Have yet to test. Thanks.

Ok. I'm having a problem with rendezvous, and ships blowing up. It goes like this. I set up a rendezvous with a target vessel from far out. As I get close and begin final approach, at around 100-200m the target vessel spontaneously blows up. This happens every time with Kerbal Join Reinforcement installed. Without, no explosion. But the stock reinforcement sucks, so I'd rather use KJR. But anyways, It does this any time you go EVA too. All nearby vessels explode.

I have figured out a workaround for rendezvous. I approach to about 300m. Stop. Switch to the target vessel. Switch back, and then close in for docking. No explosion.

This makes me think it's something happening as physics switch on for that target vessel at that range as I approach.

6 hours ago, Cobrag0318 said:

Ok. I'm having a problem with rendezvous, and ships blowing up. It goes like this. I set up a rendezvous with a target vessel from far out. As I get close and begin final approach, at around 100-200m the target vessel spontaneously blows up. This happens every time with Kerbal Join Reinforcement installed. Without, no explosion. But the stock reinforcement sucks, so I'd rather use KJR. But anyways, It does this any time you go EVA too. All nearby vessels explode.

I have figured out a workaround for rendezvous. I approach to about 300m. Stop. Switch to the target vessel. Switch back, and then close in for docking. No explosion.

This makes me think it's something happening as physics switch on for that target vessel at that range as I approach.

@Cobrag0318 are you using the most recent dev build?

@Cobrag0318: Try out the dev build linked above if you haven't already.  I believe it's the same problem as everyone else has been having and given how finicky some station / orbital vehicles can be I'd like to know that your particular issue is fixed before I push out a new release and have to do it again if it turns out to be something different.

9 minutes ago, ferram4 said:

@Cobrag0318: Try out the dev build linked above if you haven't already.  I believe it's the same problem as everyone else has been having and given how finicky some station / orbital vehicles can be I'd like to know that your particular issue is fixed before I push out a new release and have to do it again if it turns out to be something different.

Testing build on my work. No problem. And now, testing build at home. Two test fly over Kerbin, OK. Try tomorrow fly by other planets. Today it's time for bed, wife is calling.  Thanks for the quick work.

Ok, updated the dll to the new version, and Approaching to a target vessel, Check! Approaching from EVA, Check! Initiating EVA from vessel, Check! Looks good man. I'll take the time to retrospectively mention, this mod is one of the most important mods me and my buddy usse. He was about to quit KSP if 1.2 had broken KJR and it didn't get fixed. Stop playing the game altogether because your mod was broken. LoL I'm glad KSP tried to incorporate some similar concept, but their implementation need some tweaking and polishing. My ships fared better than his, and my other buddy, who like to make huge ships. But even with my ships, it makes a definite improvement.

:cool: