[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

On 10/28/2016 at 3:30 PM, ferram4 said:

Edit: There is now another dev build that should have this fixed.  I question why I'm even linking this and saying anything considering that the entire point of dev builds didn't work out here and I had to push out a release to get a report on a critical bug.

Ran with that dev build and did not see any spurious rotation after multiple SoI changes (I think I did four SoI changes in the mission I ran with the dev build).

Hey, I know the 1.2 version of IR is still beta but KJR isn't ignoring MuMechToggle stuff. It's still marked exempt in the config, it might be a change by IR. Servo joints still move but they're skewed.

On 10/29/2016 at 4:55 PM, ferram4 said:

Well, then in that case, KJR v3.3.1 is now out with a fix to that issue, thank you to everyone who confirmed the issue was fixed.

Any reports yet of an issue where rockets float upwards from the pad, and when they fly they act stuck?

So I can't tell if this is a know issue or not:

When switching to a landed craft via the Tracking Station or launching a craft (more visible on the runway) the craft appears at ground level, then the "Physics Easing" text comes up, the craft disappears and reappears a few meters higher, most of the times tilted to one side. This only happens with KJR installed.

6 hours ago, skandervr said:

So I can't tell if this is a know issue or not:

When switching to a landed craft via the Tracking Station or launching a craft (more visible on the runway) the craft appears at ground level, then the "Physics Easing" text comes up, the craft disappears and reappears a few meters higher, most of the times tilted to one side. This only happens with KJR installed.

Hello

I had the same issue earlier, and I solved this.
Step by step what I did.

1- first I installed.
   KerbalJointReinforcement, ModuleManager.2.7.2, 000_Toolbar, VenStockRevamp

2- I turned the game and built a small Lander - use consol - destination Mun and Minmus - ground.

3- then I installed.
   DistantObject, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, jool_rings, Kopernicus, KSP-AVC, ModularFlightIntegrator, PlanetShine, scatterer, StockVisualEnhancements, SVEKopernicus, TextureReplacer, Firespitter

4- I turned the game and test it.

5- then I installed.
   Chatterer, img_viewer, KerbalEngineer, MemGraph, PartCommanderContinued, PreciseManeuver, RCSBuildAid, StageRecovery, Trajectories,    KerbalAlarmClock, KSPAlternateResourcePanel, TransferWindowPlanner, TweakScale, UbioWeldingLtd, WaypointManager, AmpYear, Docking    Port Alignment Indicator

6- I turned the game and test it.

7- then I installed.
   [x] Science!, DMagicOrbitalScience, FP_DPSoundFX, KIS, NearFutureSolar, FinalFrontier, Olympic1ARPIcons, SCANsat

8- I turned the game and test it.

9- then I installed latest mod,s
   Asteroid Day for Kerbal Space Program 1.2, AviationLights, Coatl Aerospace, DMagicScienceAnimate, DMagicUtilities, FuelTanksPlus,    KOSMOS, NearFutureProps, ReentryParticleEffect, StationPartsExpansion, SurfaceLights

10- I turned the game and test it.

I hope that you will know what I mean.

Below is the video . . . works very well :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knDQq90v3_0

cheers

19 minutes ago, skandervr said:

@pawulonn1 sorry, man i really don't know what you mean. You're saying there is a conflict with a specific mod? And that I should find it by installing mods one by one or in groups? Sorry if I seem thick.

So it seems to me that somewhere there is a conflict . . . or there must be some kind of load order mods for ModuleManager.

If you have time to reinstall the game and start to install Mods starting from KerbalJointReinforcement . . . I did as I wrote earlier and that helped me.

OK the issue returns if I add RealPlume and SmokeScreen.

I made another video that shows this issue. The first part of the video ( 00.00 to o6.1o ) shows the flight of a rocket, Mun lander and Minmus lander . . . everything works fine. The second part of the video ( o6.1o to the end ) shows what happened  if I add RealPlume and SmokeScreen... I am doing exactly the same as in the first part of the video. If I delete RealPlume and SmokeScreen issue disappears and everything works fine.

I do not know what to think!?

1 hour ago, pawulonn1 said:

OK the issue returns if I add RealPlume and SmokeScreen.

I made another video that shows this issue. The first part of the video ( 00.00 to o6.1o ) shows the flight of a rocket, Mun lander and Minmus lander . . . everything works fine. The second part of the video ( o6.1o to the end ) shows what happened  if I add RealPlume and SmokeScreen... I am doing exactly the same as in the first part of the video. If I delete RealPlume and SmokeScreen issue disappears and everything works fine.

I do not know what to think!?

Yes, i just finished testing and it's due to RealPlume. I checked and it was also reported on the RP thread on Friday.

On 10/30/2016 at 10:15 PM, OddFunction said:

Any reports yet of an issue where rockets float upwards from the pad, and when they fly they act stuck?

This isn't a new issue.. I had this in 1.1.3 as well.  It seemed to happen when:

1. Certain parts that are finicky get clipped into one another
2. Whenever you use the surface-attach RCS tanks from the B9 mod

Those 2 seem to reliably reproduce it, and most of the parts described as 'finicky' in #1 are also from B9.  So I guess try removing parts and checking part clipping until you find the part that's doing it;  I don't think it's specifically a KJR issue, although it might be a KJR+(unknown mod) compatibility issue(?)  I run a lot of mods, so I'm not 100% sure; I have used KJR almost as long as I've used FAR though, so ... I can definitely say that I have seen this behavior (and found at least a workaround, at least in 1.1.3).

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

This isn't a new issue.. I had this in 1.1.3 as well.  It seemed to happen when:

1. Certain parts that are finicky get clipped into one another
2. Whenever you use the surface-attach RCS tanks from the B9 mod

Those 2 seem to reliably reproduce it, and most of the parts described as 'finicky' in #1 are also from B9.  So I guess try removing parts and checking part clipping until you find the part that's doing it;  I don't think it's specifically a KJR issue, although it might be a KJR+(unknown mod) compatibility issue(?)  I run a lot of mods, so I'm not 100% sure; I have used KJR almost as long as I've used FAR though, so ... I can definitely say that I have seen this behavior (and found at least a workaround, at least in 1.1.3).

Thanks for the hints. I think in my case it was the service bay. It only started happening after KJR, but of course, that is not proof. Who knows what causes it.

Worst part is when you delete the bad part a lot of times the rest of the ship becomes un- attachable. Like there's no green node to stick it on. So you gotta start from scratch :-/ 

Oh well. At least the UI flicker is fixed ^_^;

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bug to report.  The Klaw's free pivot option does not work with this mod installed.  I had to uninstall the mod, line my ship up with the center of mass of the asteroid, then reinstall the mod.  Would love to see a fix for this, as this is an essential mod for me.

On 30-10-2016 at 3:37 AM, frencrs said:

Hey, I know the 1.2 version of IR is still beta but KJR isn't ignoring MuMechToggle stuff. It's still marked exempt in the config, it might be a change by IR. Servo joints still move but they're skewed.

Found this, maybe it helps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17.11.2016 at 6:02 AM, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Does this mod known to cause slight FPS drops due to altering physics realtime?

I mean I can live with it but I noticed a slight FPS drop after installing this mod, although I is infinitly a useful mod for the designs I'd like to do, I just want to confirm if it's true....

ty

as far many parts causing physic, KJR is trying to prevent movement and followed physical collisions. short answer no .. i have FPS improvements cuz my stations stay stations :P

Edited by LatiMacciato

@ferram4 Poking around the Infernal Robotics thread I read that setting multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement = 0 fixes problems with rotating parts however, when I set this option very large boat parts start to bend and flex at the joints.  Is this is known issue? If not I can create a full bug report in Github with more details and video to demonstrate.

On 10.12.2016 at 10:34 PM, gomker said:

@ferram4 Poking around the Infernal Robotics thread I read that setting multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement = 0 fixes problems with rotating parts however, when I set this option very large boat parts start to bend and flex at the joints.  Is this is known issue? If not I can create a full bug report in Github with more details and video to demonstrate.

Nice to see that there is a report. KJR seems to interfere with Infernal Robotics with very bad results, making usage of KJR and IR in common unusable. See the attached Video . I'd be glad if both modders could find a way to provide compatibility bekause IR has some usages. As long as there is no compatibility I won't use IR to give KJR favor, because quoted solution makes all parts to be gum again.

IR-V: 2.0.2+Warp-Patch (couldn't find mentioned 2.0.5)
KJR: 3.3.1
KSP: 1.2.2

22 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I don't think there's any way for KJR to reinforce moving joints.  If KJR isn't being disabled for IR joints, then that sounds like a bug, but they will end up being wobbly regardless.

How do I disable KJR for parts of an other mod?

24 minutes ago, PieBue said:

How do I disable KJR for parts of an other mod?

Parts with certain modules are disabled by this file: https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/blob/master/GameData/KerbalJointReinforcement/Plugin/PluginData/KerbalJointReinforcement/config.xml#L30

I think MuMechToggle is supposed to exclude IR, maybe IR changed at some point and that needs to be updated.

@blowfish looked into the config. There seems no line about Infernal Robotics in it.
May I qoute you in the IR topic?

Someone knows the syntax to kill settings of Infernal Robotics in that config?
Thanks for an answer, sorry the bother.

Edited by PieBue

17 hours ago, PieBue said:

There seems no line about Infernal Robotics in it

MuMechToggle  is the part module that IR uses - you wont see anything that directly says "Infernal Robotics"

The exclusions do / have existed , if I was a betting man KSP changes to joint rigidity have something to do with it.