[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

So I've read elsewhere that this mod can cause instability in game. Is this valid or old news? If it's valid, are there certain circumstances where problems are more prevalent, or is it a more general increases over time type thing?

I've used it for a while without any problems, but I haven't played very much as yet.

I have now used this mod for multiple months already without any issues. Without this mod my big spaceplanes and bases tend to explode when physics is loaded. 

When testing 1.3 without KJR, I already ran into issues with repeatable kraken attacks. Because KJR is so invaluable to me, I fired up a Visual Studio to find out if I can make it work with 1.3 before the official release comes out. I think I got it working with only a couple of changes to CompatibilityChecker.cs and a recompile with 1.3 DLLs. At least I haven't gotten any more kraken attacks or crashes in about 30 minutes of testing. :)

Hey I just noticed something. I was using feline utility rover (lynx) and I thought I was having a conflict with KJR. When I looked into it I found it was because my accordion style joints were locked, which makes sense I wouldn't want it flexing around on the delivery capsule to duna. Now I have noticed some reporting this problem even still recently. I just wanted to let people know as a reminder to ensure that any locking functions on your joints are deactivated before blaming KJR so as to prevent false reports.

On 5/29/2017 at 1:47 PM, siimav said:

I have now used this mod for multiple months already without any issues. Without this mod my big spaceplanes and bases tend to explode when physics is loaded. 

When testing 1.3 without KJR, I already ran into issues with repeatable kraken attacks. Because KJR is so invaluable to me, I fired up a Visual Studio to find out if I can make it work with 1.3 before the official release comes out. I think I got it working with only a couple of changes to CompatibilityChecker.cs and a recompile with 1.3 DLLs. At least I haven't gotten any more kraken attacks or crashes in about 30 minutes of testing. :)

Any chance we could get a copy of the DLL you were testing with v1.3?

siimav: When in doubt, ask the mod maker.  At least one that I know of did not object when unofficial patches were posted to the mod's thread while an official update was still in the works.  You are certainly correct about the "use at your own risk" part though.

Note: Ferram4 also cannot be held responsible for anything bad that happens to a third party because of their use of your patch, even if he declines to object to your unofficial patch being posted to this thread.

On 31-5-2017 at 6:40 PM, siimav said:

Not sure whether I'm allowed to distribute it publicly here. I could send it to you privately though. 'Use at your own risk disclaimer' applies here. :)

Just post it, it's a public license

Edited by FreeThinker

Guys its much better if you  wait for an official release from @Ferram4 it takes the mod maker around 10 days to get updates out after a release, patience is the key here an official release is supported rogue releases are not if you cant wait rollback to 1.2.2 till a 1.3 release is available, this has been the norm since I started playing KSP.

17 hours ago, SpaceCommunism said:

Hey I just noticed something. I was using feline utility rover (lynx) and I thought I was having a conflict with KJR. When I looked into it I found it was because my accordion style joints were locked, which makes sense I wouldn't want it flexing around on the delivery capsule to duna. Now I have noticed some reporting this problem even still recently. I just wanted to let people know as a reminder to ensure that any locking functions on your joints are deactivated before blaming KJR so as to prevent false reports.

There is no problem here. The OP of the Feline Utility Rover even states that the flexible joint parts will not work until KJR is updated. Under known bugs on the Feline Utility Rover thread says 

• The Hitches and Joints do currently not work when Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is installed. This will be fixed with
    the next update of KJR

They seem to be working for me with the current KJR. I was under the impression that 3.3.2 was supposed to be that update, am I wrong? If so I am wondering what is causing it to work for me if it is supposed to be broken? What I thought was odd was people complaining about it after the last release.

Edited by SpaceCommunism

21 hours ago, siimav said:

Not sure whether I'm allowed to distribute it publicly here. I could send it to you privately though. 'Use at your own risk disclaimer' applies here. :)

Can you send this to me, please? :D

No way to play without kjr.

On 5/31/2017 at 0:40 PM, siimav said:

You can send it to me, I literally can't live without KJR lol

On 5/31/2017 at 4:27 PM, ComatoseJedi said:

There is no problem here. The OP of the Feline Utility Rover even states that the flexible joint parts will not work until KJR is updated. Under known bugs on the Feline Utility Rover thread says 

• The Hitches and Joints do currently not work when Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is installed. This will be fixed with
    the next update of KJR

That update already happened.  I have working flexible joints with KJR under 1.2.2.

So there's been quite a bit of requests for my 1.3 recompile. And there's also the issue that the forum does not allow sending private messages to others unless you have 5+ posts. I'll just leave a public link to it here now. If Ferram himself or any of the mods feel offended by it, just let me know and I'll remove it ASAP.

Once again, this is an unofficial release and is in no way supported by the author of this mod. Download and use it at your own risk.

KerbalJointReinforcement.dll

-------------------------------------------------

To get any of the legal stuff out of the way - here's the download link to source code + licence.

Edited by siimav

On 6/2/2017 at 1:56 PM, siimav said:

So there's been quite a bit of requests for my 1.3 recompile. And there's also the issue that the forum does not allow sending private messages to others unless you have 5+ posts. I'll just leave a public link to it here now. If Ferram himself or any of the mods feel offended by it, just let me know and I'll remove it ASAP.

Once again, this is an unofficial release and is in no way supported by the author of this mod. Download and use it at your own risk.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!

Causes me to crash before I get to the main menu.....

2 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

Sorry but you are out of luck then and have to wait for the official release. So far I haven't heard from anyone else that my recompile has caused any crashes.

It's working for me, did you put it inside the kjr folder, and inside the plugin section?

Are you sure it's that?  If you have any other plugin that isn't updated it could also cause this crash.

On 6/2/2017 at 0:56 PM, siimav said:

Works for me on KSP 1.3 on MacOS. Thanks siimav!

That probably explains my crash issue, as well, even though 1.3 shows it as incompatible.

I'll wait for the official release before trying again, as I have no desire to launch rubber rockets that fall apart the moment they start their gravity turns...

On 2.6.2017 at 7:56 PM, siimav said:

Thanks @siimav, works great for me too!

Works for me.  Now I just need some station parts...