[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

1 hour ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Works for me.  Now I just need some station parts...

Stockalike station parts 1.2.2 works fine for me in 1.3 even if not released yet.

Also KJR 1.3 unofficial works great for me. Thanks for the recompile.

See you,

Vive_moi

1 hour ago, Vive_moi said:

Stockalike station parts 1.2.2 works fine for me in 1.3 even if not released yet.

Also KJR 1.3 unofficial works great for me. Thanks for the recompile.

See you,

Vive_moi

I rather like CX Aerospace station parts, which go well with Contares/Tantares.

SnowyShoe: This mod is not yet compatible with 1.3, as per my experience.  While it will not crash the game as far as I know, it will fail to provide the intended functionality of the mod.  I have heard that KJR tends to take a while to update after a patch, but this delay is significantly above average, if I recall what I read correctly.  My guess is there is something about patch 1.3 that is proving to be particularly troublesome for ferram4.  I could not even get to the title screen (due to crashes during loading) until 2 other mods I used updated, which is unusual for those mods.  This suggests something big must have changed, and the process by which ferram4 will modify KJR to compensate for the change is significantly more time consuming than with most prior patches.  I too am hoping ferram4 will soon be able to fix this, but we have not been provided with an ETA at this point.

On 6/14/2017 at 4:49 PM, V8jester said:

Unofficial KJR Recompile For 1.3 (siimav) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxowaRaYHkjddHc2T28zWEdLcjQ/view

@cgwhite4 @SnowyShoe @colfighter Anyone else I missed........

Yes it works with IR

what is the difference in behavior between this and the 1.2.2 one that I have loaded in 1.3?  I can't see any functional difference between its behavior in 1.2.2 and 1.3.0...?

6 hours ago, ss8913 said:

what is the difference in behavior between this and the 1.2.2 one that I have loaded in 1.3?  I can't see any functional difference between its behavior in 1.2.2 and 1.3.0...?

The only difference is that @siimav recompiled it for 1.3. Functionality is the same. this one is simply built specifically for 1.3

18 hours ago, V8jester said:

The only difference is that @siimav recompiled it for 1.3. Functionality is the same. this one is simply built specifically for 1.3

sure.  I get that, but the 1.2.2 version works fine (for me) in 1.3 without a recompile, hence my question of what's functionally different...?

8 hours ago, ss8913 said:

sure.  I get that, but the 1.2.2 version works fine (for me) in 1.3 without a recompile, hence my question of what's functionally different...?

Can't really imagine how it could possibly work for you in 1.3. The code has a check for the version of the game and does not really do anything when the version is not 1.2.x. So unless you somehow managed to hack your 1.3 KSP to show as 1.2.x to mods, KJR is not applying any of it's joint-strengthening magic. Or you just have some other mod installed that does something similar to KJR (not sure whether there are any).

Edited by siimav

On 6/2/2017 at 1:56 PM, siimav said:

So there's been quite a bit of requests for my 1.3 recompile. And there's also the issue that the forum does not allow sending private messages to others unless you have 5+ posts. I'll just leave a public link to it here now. If Ferram himself or any of the mods feel offended by it, just let me know and I'll remove it ASAP.

Once again, this is an unofficial release and is in no way supported by the author of this mod. Download and use it at your own risk.

KerbalJointReinforcement.dll

Forum rules require you also provide the source code.  A link to Github would be sufficient, but please provide it.

On 1/25/2017 at 8:03 PM, sebi.zzr said:

I think the solution is to change

name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">0<

in ...KSP_win64\GameData\KerbalJointReinforcement\Plugin\PluginData\KerbalJointReinforcement\config.xml

Actually, this works better:

<string name="exemptModuleType5">ModuleGrappleNode</string>

This makes the claw exactly as exempt as the Lynx rover joint, (or as the IR parts are supposed to be) and the Advanced Grapple Unit starts pivoting as designed. At least, I just tested this on the ground and I'm going after an asteroid now...

EDIT: Well, it works. That is, it pivots even on a real asteroid. But it breaks the universe: the resulting connection starts oscillating with phantom forces which eventually quietly tear the ship apart...

Edited by Mihara
Correction