[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

12 minutes ago, BaelRathLian said:

:maneuver:  Nice idea, but does not seem to work on older versions of KSP.  I tried it out on 1.2.9. and some other early version too.  &)  

Each version of KJR is really only designed for one KSP version.  If you want to use previous KSP versions, you will need a previous KJR.  All the old versions are available on Github.

4 hours ago, BaelRathLian said:

:maneuver:  Nice idea, but does not seem to work on older versions of KSP.  I tried it out on 1.2.9. and some other early version too.  &)  

Are you using the right version compatible with your version of KSP?

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say a huge Thank You! for this mod.  The game is so much better overall now that things aren't exploding, launching, or silently drifting apart all because I had the audacity to load them.  This wouldn't have been possible without KJR

screenshot275.png

@ferram4

My landed landers and various bases still sometimes pop off the ground when physics loads, flip over and bust half of their equipment. It seems that heavier landers (bases, reactors), especially when connected together via connector ports (kourtesy of KAS), appear to bounce less often or not at all, and the light ones that do bounce on physics load seem to not do that when they are flipped over and subsequently have no landing gear on the ground (or at least are on the side of said gear). I will try disengaging landing gear when I have landed to see if this stops the problem.

(Landing gear kourtesy of Ven's Stock Revamp, possible that they just don't work with KJR)

Edited by Pavel ☭

15 hours ago, Pavel ☭ said:

@ferram4

My landed landers and various bases still sometimes pop off the ground when physics loads, flip over and bust half of their equipment. It seems that heavier landers (bases, reactors), especially when connected together via connector ports (kourtesy of KAS), appear to bounce less often or not at all, and the light ones that do bounce on physics load seem to not do that when they are flipped over and subsequently have no landing gear on the ground (or at least are on the side of said gear). I will try disengaging landing gear when I have landed to see if this stops the problem.

(Landing gear kourtesy of Ven's Stock Revamp, possible that they just don't work with KJR)

I initially wanted to say i'm seeing the same with a clean 1.3.1 install and just KJR.

But now this little jump at physics load seems to happen with just base KSP, no mods.

I'll keep checking

Edited by skandervr

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2017 at 6:29 PM, Geonovast said:

Just want to say a huge Thank You! for this mod.  The game is so much better overall now that things aren't exploding, launching, or silently drifting apart all because I had the audacity to load them.  This wouldn't have been possible without KJR

I would love to echo these comments.  I built a crazy Minimus base that would bounce from time to time, but one day every time I would switch to it, the thing would vibrate until it exploded.  It nearly made me stop playing KSP.  KJR to the rescue!  THANKS!

On 25/1/2017 at 4:53 PM, Liquid5n0w said:

Is this still the issue with the Klaw still a problem?  The only work around would be that we have to uninstall Joint Reinforcement?  There is no way to make KJR not affect that part?

Dunno if it is still a problem for you but....Add this to config.xml    <string name="exemptModuleType5">ModuleGrappleNode</string>

Edited by brusura

• 2 weeks later...

Is there much difference between this mod, and just turning on the part strength option in the cheat menu? If it gives essentially the same result, it might be better to use that option and have one less mod that needs updating every game patch.

On 2/13/2018 at 9:54 PM, strudo76 said:

Is there much difference between this mod, and just turning on the part strength option in the cheat menu? If it gives essentially the same result, it might be better to use that option and have one less mod that needs updating every game patch.

The cheat menu disables joint breaks entirely, as I understand. KJR increases joint strength, but does not make it impossible to break your rockets.

2 hours ago, Xaero said:

I created an issue on Github regarding the Klaws pivot functionality. If you could look into this at some point I'd be very grateful.

This is well known issue.For the time being you can edit config.xml.

<bool name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">1</bool>

//cahange to

<bool name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">0</bool>

1 hour ago, sebi.zzr said:

This is well known issue.For the time being you can edit config.xml.

<bool name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">1</bool>

//cahange to

<bool name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">0</bool>

Tyvm for the hot fix!

I was wondering how everybody could have missed it after I was unable to find anything on google or github...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rudolf Meier said:

Snip

This is not exactly ok as ferram4 is very against unofficial updates, if the past is any indicator. I would reconsider posting this for now and shelve it for a later date if need be. I know the license allows it, but let’s be a little cautious. I mean, it’s only been 24 hrs. Give it some time. 

For personal use, go for it, but unofficial version only cause confusion leaving the mod developer having to figure out what version the user has, and leaves them answering for bugs that may not be caused by them.

Edited by Galileo

On 07/03/2018 at 8:55 PM, Ironcladsix said:

I hope to god this gets updated for 1.4+ soon. I'm addicted to this game and the damn this is near unplayable without this mod. 

As said, a few posts up the page, there is a "cheat" that disables joint breaks, and you could use that while you wait. I've only done a few test flights so far, but I have not felt a need for for the Mod just yet. There's a small group of mods I would like to have updates for before I spend a lot of time on KSP. I had the same problem with v1.3.x and that experience suggests this mod isn't vital. But I would prefer not to use the outright cheat option.

7 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

w posts up the page, there is a "cheat" that disables joint breaks, and you could use that while you wait. I've only done a few test flights so far, but I have not felt a need for for the Mod just yet. There's a small group of mods I would like to have updates for before I spend a lot of time on KSP. I had the same problem with v1.3.x and that experience suggests this mod isn't vital. But I would prefer not to use the outright cheat

What's the cheat? Are you referring to the "Allow Aero-structural failures" checkbox in the FAR dialog box? If so, I'm using that and my cargo flights are still disintegrating on take off. 

Edited by Ironcladsix
Edited to add more detail.

1 hour ago, Ironcladsix said:

What's the cheat? Are you referring to the "Allow Aero-structural failures" checkbox in the FAR dialog box? If so, I'm using that and my cargo flights are still disintegrating on take off. 

There's a "Unbreakable joints" checkbox in the F12 cheats menu.