[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

The last link I posted have a .version file stating "1.4.0", ranging from 1.4.0 to 1.4.99 - so I think it's safe to assume it's for 1.4 . :) 

Merge the GameData content into you installment's GameData. There's another KerbalJointReinforcement subdirectory that was "leaked" by the building process, this one (on the same level of the zip's GameData) should be ignored.[this is fixed now]

Edited by Lisias
removing content no more relevant

28 minutes ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

What's the Meiru version for? 1.4.1, 2, 3, or 4?

Also, I see several forks, and among them, @linuxgurugamer's at 3.3.3(KSP 1.3), @rsparkyc's at 3.4.0(seems to be for 1.4.3, not sure) seems to be the active 2 forks.  Which one is the official one(if there is something like that)?

Mine is NOT official, but it is good for 1.4.x

It contains a number of the bug fixes and updates that Meiru did.

No support from me, but you can get my version here: 

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases/tag/3.3.3.2

The license is GPLv3 and is in the zip file as well as the main repo (my copy of the main repo)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Mine is NOT official, but it is good for 1.4.x

It contains a number of the bug fixes and updates that Meiru did.

No support fom me, but you can get my fersion here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases/tag/3.3.3.2

Hmm, then why still pre-release?

Also thanks for such a(n incredibly) fast response!
@linuxgurugamer and @Lisias!

3 minutes ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

Hmm, then why still pre-release?

Also thanks for such a(n incredibly) fast response!
@linuxgurugamer and @Lisias!

Because it totally unofficial, was done mainly for me, and I offered the hand-merged changes to Ferram.

Also, I just cleaned up the file a bit, you should only see the GameData

And, to keep things kosher, the license is GPLv3 and is in the zip file as well as the main repo (my copy of the main repo)

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Because it totally unofficial, was done mainly for me, and I offered the hand-merged changes to Ferram.

Also, I just cleaned up the file a bit, you should only see the GameData

And, to keep things kosher, the license is GPLv3 and is in the zip file as well as the main repo (my copy of the main repo)

So the official one is the one done by Ferram4, and currently the one supporting 1.4.x is the unofficial 3.3.3.2. Did I get it right?

• 3 weeks later...

I apparently forgot to commit the changes in my unofficial release on Github, so the source had still been the same as Ferram's.

Sorry about that.

It's now been updated with the correct source.  I also merged in a couple of new lines in the config.xml to support the DockRotate mod

This is the Meiru R2 release.  Again, it's totally unofficial, but it's been working fine for me

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases/tag/3.3.3.4

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 1:41 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I apparently forgot to commit the changes in my unofficial release on Github, so the source had still been the same as Ferram's.

Sorry about that.

It's now been updated with the correct source.  I also merged in a couple of new lines in the config.xml to support the DockRotate mod

This is the Meiru R2 release.  Again, it's totally unofficial, but it's been working fine for me

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases/tag/3.3.3.4

I finally came around trying this unofficial release out. My to scale 2001 space station no longer explodes on vessel load.
THANK YOU!

28 minutes ago, GabeL said:

When will this be updated for 1.4.5? I really miss the mod because adding struts every were is so unrealistic and looks crappy lol. Its a great mod to have!

The version above from LinuxGuruGamer works perfectly in 1.4.5 but I was also using the previous 3.3.3.1 version from Meiru in my 1.4.5 game without any problems.

Definitely let us know your experience with KJR once installed. Of course, if you do see any specific problems that you know are related to KJR, logs are always appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hellloooo

I've been using KJR for years and have always enjoyed the utter elimination of judder, slip and bang. I never could get it to overcome the issues with Infernal Robotics though. I just renewed both KJR and IR to see if they were now working together but still not. When I actually launch a ship with robotic parts, the moving bits strain and barely move and sometimes spin themselves free.

I am using:

KSP v1.3

IR v3.0.0

KJR v3.3.3

Sorry if this has already been answered. I have a long-running game which has some ships using this version of IR so I am reluctant to change to the new version of IR.

Thanks for any help available.

Edited by Spoonifer

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 4:28 AM, Rudolf Meier said:

Well, it is not... the license says this:

The manual merging is a modification and it is not marked as changed by the one (linuxgurugamer) who merged it partially.

... see, I can be pe a nitpicker too. :wink:

There is a difference between being a nitpicker and just not following the rules.

I updated both github with the latest changes, my post and have a note on github stating it is unofficial.

I'm still waiting for a reply to several messages I sent you about your version of KJR.  The advanced version is nice, works well.  I had to fix some  bugs after decomposing it, but it's working well now.  However, due to a strange technicality,  I can't release the latest version without you permission.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

There is a difference between being a nitpicker and just not following the rules.

I updated both github with the latest changes, my post and have a note on github stating it is unofficial.

I'm still waiting for a reply to several messages I sent you about your version of KJR.  The advanced version is nice, works well.  I had to fix some  bugs after decomposing it, but it's working well now.  However, due to a strange technicality,  I can't release the latest version without you permission.

yeah... whatever...

See,  because of all those "formalists" we have today, I stopped working on the improvements of KJR. Some told me, that it's rude to remove a license (I didn't even know what the error was until I found out a week later that I had a typo in a script that did the packing of my releases which then did not include the license file... but it was on github), some others told me, that it might be better not to release anything ever again... some administrators told me that I should not post links to projects or builds in a thread I didn't start and that I should take over this mod first (what I didn't want, because all I wanted was to make it compatible with IR next) ... in the end I was writing a lot of private messages (took me hours). When I started, I did put many hundret hours of time into those projects and in the end... well, it ended like this.

Might be that I do something again. But I'm not sure how this work will look like...

On 7/24/2017 at 12:05 AM, ferram4 said:

Alright, KJR v3.3.3 is out.  Should be good for all versions of KSP 1.3.x, only weird thing was making sure CompatibilityChecker still worked and didn't do anything stupid, because for some reason it thinks that the game build is 0.1.3 rather than 1.3....

Anyway, no other changes, everything otherwise looks good.

@ferram4

I was wondering if, since you haven't posted in this thread since last year, you would be interested in someone else taking over support for this mod?  It's greatly missed

I for one wont be upgrading from ksp 1.3.1 without KJR, as without it..one is forced to strut the heck out of a rocket to ensure it doesnt break up in flight..or space station modules, to ensure they can survive their tasks..which in turn leads to a ballooning part count on any given model...