[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:03 AM, Angstinator said:

You know what they say about the choice of girth and length.

That aerodynamics is important when trying to leave or re-enter the atmosphere.

AND I JUST REALIZED THAT I WROTE A DOUBLE-ENTANDRE I AM SO SORRY... But I'm not taking it down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 10:26 PM, Mekan1k said:

That aerodynamics is important when trying to leave or re-enter the atmosphere.

AND I JUST REALIZED THAT I WROTE A DOUBLE-ENTANDRE I AM SO SORRY... But I'm not taking it down.

You're gonna be performing re-entry all right.

@linuxgurugamer A brand new issue I never had before ...

I use https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases/tag/3.3.3.4 for some time now and today something weird happened.

First I launched a vessel without issues and did a successful reentry (FAR, RSS, SMURFF, DeadlyReentry, RealHeat).

Then I went to VAB to build another vessel.

As soon as this is loaded on launchpad, BANG, it just explodes, I'm under the surface several thousand meters, BANG ...

And this is kinda spammed to the log then (it appears multiple times with a lot of stuff inbetween):

Exception handling event onVesselGoOffRails in class KJRManager:System.NullReferenceException: 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.ConfigurableJoint:INTERNAL_get_angularXDrive (UnityEngine.JointDrive&)
  at UnityEngine.ConfigurableJoint.get_angularXDrive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.UpdatePartJoint (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.RunVesselJointUpdateFunction (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.OnVesselOffRails (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.ConfigurableJoint:INTERNAL_get_angularXDrive (UnityEngine.JointDrive&)
  at UnityEngine.ConfigurableJoint.get_angularXDrive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.UpdatePartJoint (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.RunVesselJointUpdateFunction (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.OnVesselOffRails (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
Vessel:GoOffRails()
OrbitPhysicsManager:LateUpdate()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

The vessel, the save, the logs and stuff:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwxuwgpia60uxhj/2018-10-14_2 KSP.log and stuff.7z?dl=1

8 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I use https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases/tag/3.3.3.4 for some time now and today something weird happened.

First I launched a vessel without issues and did a successful reentry (FAR, RSS, SMURFF, DeadlyReentry, RealHeat).

As soon as this is loaded on launchpad, BANG, it just explodes, I'm under the surface several thousand meters, BANG ...

And this is kinda spammed to the log then (it appears multiple times with a lot of stuff inbetween):

Exception handling event onVesselGoOffRails in class KJRManager:System.NullReferenceException: 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwxuwgpia60uxhj/2018-10-14_2 KSP.log and stuff.7z?dl=1

Did you reload the game and try again with the same craft?

8 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

1.5 recompile soon? :DDDD

Yes please! 

After the update I wasn't sure if KJR was still working on version 1.5 and I tried moving around one of my more complex vessels in orbit...  it became many smaller less complex ones.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:27 PM, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

1.5 recompile soon? :DDDD

On 10/15/2018 at 11:19 PM, Jorge_slc said:

Yes please! 

After the update I wasn't sure if KJR was still working on version 1.5 and I tried moving around one of my more complex vessels in orbit...  it became many smaller less complex ones.

Dont get your hopes too high, look at when the mod was last updated.

(unofficial) Made it compatible with 1.5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xaqkmhmij5kn4h/KJR.zip?dl=0

I can't make any promises though. It worked for me. I was just frustrated with my noodle rockets and couldn't found a newer version of this awesome mod. I never made a mod in my life so download at your own risk. I just reset the incompatible array. I don't know what effect it does but it seems like it worked.

Edited by wolderado
added unofficial

for the record, this is the first time these words are ever leaving my mouth as it were here on the ksp forums..so please no torches and pitchforks?
-------
I wish the original author would either update this one...or someone would adopt the mod and update it.

3 hours ago, wolderado said:

(unofficial) Made it compatible with 1.5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xaqkmhmij5kn4h/KJR.zip?dl=0

I can't make any promises though. It worked for me. I was just frustrated with my noodle rockets and couldn't found a newer version of this awesome mod. I never made a mod in my life so download at your own risk. I just reset the incompatible array. I don't know what effect it does but it seems like it worked.

Thanks a lot!

This helped me to continue developing without problems. (IKRC plugin)

4 hours ago, wolderado said:

Thanks mate, works like a charm. This time I will just make sure I avoid auto updates and just stick to 1.5 until I'm done with my missions. 

On 10/14/2018 at 2:57 PM, Gordon Dry said:

NullReferenceException

I had a similar problem after upgrading to 1.5 (with some mods installed). After install I opened the game and selected one of my saved crafts that had a few boosters on it. As soon as I put it on the launch pad, all hell broke loose. Craft started wobbling, falling apart piece by piece and exploding. Even the nose cones were popping off for crying out loud. With all the mods I have installed I didn't have a clue where to begin to try to fix this. Tried taking out the KerbalJointReinforcement folder and same thing happened. Read this thread and saw Wolderado's changed dll and tried it out. I'll be damned. Went to same craft, put it on the launch pad, and it was stable again and flew fine.

I only play this game in sandbox mode. I just build craft/bases/space stations and fly my own missions with them. So keeping a pristine copy of ksp like so many suggest, doesn't do me much good. Once you go down that road of adding mods/parts, and then start saving, there is no turning back because all the saves now contain these parts. I've got to that point of where if the parts don't work or if a mod goes haywire, I'm totally screwed. Going back to pristine doesn't work for me cause I don't play the game stock. This is why whenever a new update takes place, I hold my breath, and go "oh crap, here we go again". I keep a copy of 1.4.3 which is my "playing" game. My steam folder game has become for experimenting to keep track of what Squad is doing. I didn't like 1.4.4, didn't like 1.45 and so far don't care that much for 1.5 (performance has gone down hill). They keep changing things that I don't like, like the game sounds. Sounds are a big deal for me and Squad is chipping away at them.

Edited by MikeO89

Wolderado,

I was digging around trying to do the same thing without much luck. It appears there is code for a couple of different versions but I'm a novice level DLL worker.

What exactly did you do by "reset the incompatible array"?

Of course if I've missed something that is in a tutorial somewhere please point to it. I'd like to figure out a little more about how stuff like this is made. :P

S

Edited by CaptSmollett

9 hours ago, CaptSmollett said:

Wolderado,

I was digging around trying to do the same thing without much luck. It appears there is code for a couple of different versions but I'm a novice level DLL worker.

What exactly did you do by "reset the incompatible array"?

Of course if I've missed something that is in a tutorial somewhere please point to it. I'd like to figure out a little more about how stuff like this is made. :P

S

I'm an indie game developer myself. I opened the solution found CompabilityChecker.cs. I checked the code a little and found that there is an array which the game puts incompatible mods inside it. Or something like that :D I wrote Array.Clear(ArrayName) and the problem was gone. I changed the code a little more before doing this. Maybe that changes fixed it but I don't remember what did I change. Maybe the game checks the mod's compatibility and if it's not compatible, it doesn't even try loading it. 

Edited by wolderado

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, wolderado said:

Tired to DL the DLL but no option to save the file in DropBox… Can Anyone help here?

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, dyfxjtu said:

HI,I'm looking forward to a version compatible with kerbal v1.5,  i'm wondering if there would be a updating

On 10/18/2018 at 4:16 PM, wolderado said: