[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

2 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

which is the most recent version of the KJR fork and which version of ksp does it work with?

The most recent appears to be KSP-RO's fork. But it's locked down to 1.4.x versions. This is ferram4's original code recompiled to 1.4, and I think there's some fixes by now. it has a fix about clamped vessels shifting from PRELAUNCH by a physics glitch.

I think the second most recent is mine (you need to install this too). This ones has a lot (really lot) of fixes did by meirumeiru merged (that may or may not include the above mentioned one, I need to check -[just checked, that problem, if it has even happened on this fork, had been tackled down differently), and some improvements from yours truly. And I successfully tested this on every KSP version I tried it since 1.2.2 inclusive.

Edited by Lisias
moar moar info

6 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

ok, so which items on these two links get installed?

asking cause I do not know what I'm doing with them.

If you want to use my fork, you need to read this post:

If you/your friend are using KSP 1.4.x and prefer something more orthodox, you only need KSP-RO's download. Unziping files into the GameData is not hard, but how to do it depends  on the O.S. your are using. There're tons of tutorials on the Net about this subject.

Umm...  Sorry to be a pain about this, but I was going through the last log file, looking for specific addons that were causing the errors, and I found this:

[LOG 01:44:11.616] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KJRManager' from assembly 'KerbalJointReinforcement'
[ERR 01:44:11.627] [KerbalJointReinforcement] ERROR: KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager raised Exception System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRJointUtils ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPe.IO.File`1+<>c[KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager].<FullPathName>b__6_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator14`3[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type,<>f__AnonymousType0`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type]].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[<>f__AnonymousType0`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type]].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[<>f__AnonymousType0`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type],System.Type].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPe.IO.File`1[KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager].FullPathName (System.String partialPathname, System.String hierarchy, Boolean createDirs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPe.IO.File`1+Data[KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager].FullPathName (System.String path, Boolean createDirs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPe.IO.Data.PluginConfiguration.CreateForType[KJRManager] (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRJointUtils..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 01:44:11.628] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
    KSPe.IO.File`1+<>c[KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager].<FullPathName>b__6_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator14`3[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type,<>f__AnonymousType0`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type]].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[<>f__AnonymousType0`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type]].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[<>f__AnonymousType0`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type],System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source)
    KSPe.IO.File`1[KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager].FullPathName (System.String partialPathname, System.String hierarchy, Boolean createDirs)
    KSPe.IO.File`1+Data[KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager].FullPathName (System.String path, Boolean createDirs)
    KSPe.IO.Data.PluginConfiguration.CreateForType[KJRManager] (System.String filename)
    KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRJointUtils..cctor ()
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRJointUtils
    KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    KSPe.Util.Log.UnityLogger:logException(String, Exception)
    KSPe.Util.Log.Logger:error(Object, Exception)
    KerbalJointReinforcement.Log:ex(MonoBehaviour, Exception)
    KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager:Awake()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[LOG 01:44:11.628] [KerbalJointReinforcement] ERROR: An error [An exception was thrown by the type initializer for KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRJointUtils] was caught on initialization! The plugin WILL NOT work as expected!

Any idea what's causing this?  If I can find out specifics, I think I can solve it.

(I don't think you mentioned this particular part before...)

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

15 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Umm...  Sorry to be a pain about this, but I was going through the last log file, looking for specific addons that were causing the errors, and I found this:

Any idea what's causing this?  If I can find out specifics, I think I can solve it.

(I don't think you mentioned this particular part before...)

You see, KSPe is a marvelous tool. But it lacks safeties. :P 

Publish the whole log somewhere. KSPe appears to had freaked out due something, and this something can be anywhere on the log file. I need the full log to see what's happening.

Until the moment, every single occurrence of that is due some DLL failed to be loaded, breaking something inside Mono's VM data structures for Reflection, and KSPe borking while trying to use Reflection for something. The only way, until the moment, to fix this is to satisfy every DLL dependency, or delete the ones that cannot be loaded from the GameData.

This is the same log I posted above, but this comes from the section where the addons are being loaded (when we see the various load screens).

You mentioned TodaciousTools, but installing that didn't seem to fix anything.  Neither did removing Tweakable Everything.

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

8 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

This is the same log I posted above, but this comes from the section where the addons are being loaded (when we see the various load screens).

You mentioned TodaciousTools, but installing that didn't seem to fix anything.  Neither did removing Tweakable Everything.

So I need the new log to see what else is broken. Computer programs are a Castle of Cards - you need every one on the place, or things will not work as expected.

1 minute ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

I can run a test flight and post that log, if you like...

Once you find the time and the mood, yes please. I'm compiling a database of the most common problems and borks on KSP, and those logs will be very handy to it. It's time for some serious DevOps tools here. :)

Then I'll do the planned sequence: Run a test, check the log (post the log), add a commonly-used addon, rinse, repeat.

First planned addons are SpaceY and SpaceY Heavy Lifters, followed by Contares, Tantares LV and Stockalike Station Parts.

I'll post the first set of logs tomorrow, early afternoon US Eastern time... though I'll be taking frequent breaks due to a health issue.  Seems I bruised a bone when I went down while trying to stand on a locked cramp in my right leg... two weeks ago.  (And it still hurts!)

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

Barebones (only KSPIe, KJR/L and MechJeb): https://www.dropbox.com/s/9izz1guljkk0pck/KSP (bare).log?dl=0

SpaceY: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wgra7tsgegpr6q/KSP (SpaceY).log?dl=0

Contares (apparently needs Tweakable Everything): https://www.dropbox.com/s/04zbrjc6sdje970/KSP (Contares).log?dl=0

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

23 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

@Lisias if I'm reading your instructions right..I can just drop the folders containing the mod right in and it should work yes?

Yes. Unzip the ZIP into your KSP_ROOT and things will go to their place (ie, <ZIP>/GameData/<Plugin> into <KSP>/GameData/<Plugin> and <ZIP>/PluginData/<Plugin> into <KSP>/PluginData/<Plugin> - when existent).

Edited by Lisias
Hit "save" too soon.

yeah, cause the way I was always taught was 'blue dog design bureau' folder goes into game data, the contents are never just dumped in...so that'll work then the folder into game data..nice to know.

Edited by RaiderMan

4 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Contares with all Dependencies except ScanSat and Pilot Ejection: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v73y7oidcuprwfn/KSP (Contares with Dependencies).log?dl=0

Noticing some joint rubbering on launch, but no unplanned disassembly.  This may be the culprit.

It's not relevant for the spaghetification, but you may want to use KSP-AVC (and delete all MiniAVC.dll from your GameData) due a lot of these:

[LOG 10:42:33.045] MiniAVC -> System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_USITools\MiniAVC.xml
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MiniAVC.AddonSettings.Load (System.String rootPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MiniAVC.AddonLibrary.ProcessAddonPopulation (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I suspect MiniAVC is missing some updates for you.

— — POST — EDIT — — 

*THIS* is relevante for the spaghetification! There's no KJR (not mine nor anyone else!) on your GameData! :)

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
KSPe v2.1.0.6
Firespitter v7.3.6867.18541
ModuleManager v3.1.0.0
ModuleManager v3.1.1.0
ModuleManager v4.0.1.0
KSPAPIExtensions v2.1.0.6
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
USITools v1.0.0.0
CCK v4.0.0.0 / v4.0.0.0 for KSP 1.5.0
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric v0.20.0.0