[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

If you're not willing to do a little work to get a problem solved, why do you expect the modder to do *all* the work to get the problem solved?

i'am willing to help and workout the problem but is it possible (in your universe) that maybe i'am not that much technically educated to solve this problem, i tried everything to my knowledge to fix/find the problem and when i ran out of ideas i posted my problem here so that someone with more experience and moding/coding knowledge can help out

i'am willing to help and workout the problem but is it possible (in your universe) that maybe i'am not that much technically educated to solve this problem, i tried everything to my knowledge to fix/find the problem and when i ran out of ideas i posted my problem here so that someone with more experience and moding/coding knowledge can help out

And the best way to do that is narrow down the problem: replicate it with as few mods as possible, and then precisely describe (as ferram asks) how to cause the problem.

No one's asking you to do impossible things, just to make the problem *possible* to find and fix.

Alright, so then I'll ask again: how do you reproduce this issue? What actions must be taken in-game to cause it?

ok here first i used it with a lot of mods the error happens, what i did: load craft file KSO block 8 that comes with kso i dont add anything get into orbit...de-orbit land on the runaway error happens as soon as i touch (at least i think) the runaway...

then i tried it with all the required mods/plugins for KSO + Joint Reinforcement+chatterer+ATM same procedure as above only this time the error did not happen first time tried it again error came back so it seams its random or i think it;s random i cant seem to reproduce it every time sometimes it pops up sometimes i doesn't all this in sandbox mode

ksp 0.24.2 x32 on windows 7 SP1 x64 hope thats enough information cause i don't know what else i can try

I find it extremely ironic that Ferram manages both FAR's aerodynamic failures and KJR's joint reinforcement. One of them makes 2.5 meter tanks hold together. One of them makes 2.5-meter tanks sheer in half at Mach 1.

I find it extremely ironic that Ferram manages both FAR's aerodynamic failures and KJR's joint reinforcement. One of them makes 2.5 meter tanks hold together. One of them makes 2.5-meter tanks sheer in half at Mach 1.

But, both mods make KSP more realistic. Real rockets don't flop around as much as KSP, and the real atmosphere isn't made of soup. :wink: Things don't fall apart in FAR unless you fly things wrong, or don't build a properly aerodynamic rocket / aircraft.

Edited by Woopert

No, this no longer packages ModStats. If it did, it would have been taken down.

Also, note the lack of the required-by-ModStats notice that it is included in the OP. From all of this, you can conclude that it is not packaged anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a NRE with stock launchclamps:

[LCC test2 Debris]: ground contact! - error: 0.000m

Unpacking LCC test2 Debris

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.RunVesselJointUpdateFunction (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.OnVesselOffRails (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.GoOffRails () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OrbitPhysicsManager.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

"LCC test2" is the ship, with 3 launchclamps (named LCs later) attached (and there is 3 NRE like the one above), this happen when the LCs are back on KSP "physical care range".

I go up > 2500m from launchpad, stop engine, wait, when LCs are spawned back, boom ! NRE.

I also note that in fact, when a vessel with LCs goes other the 2500m distance, LC part are destroyed (in the meaning of object programming), so the part object become null after the limit is crossed. And KSP seems to recreate <n> part objects back when they're become visible again (which make some sense but old references to them are lost for good).

KSP 0.24.2 32b on win7 with KerbalJointReinforcement v2.4.3.0

KSP itself have some troubles with them (2 warnings + 1 error):

[Part]: PartModule LaunchClampReinforcementModule at launchClamp1, index 3: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.

Looking for LaunchClampReinforcementModule in other indices...

...no LaunchClampReinforcementModule module found on part definition. Skipping...

PartModule is null.

[LCC test2 Debris]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...

I'm having trouble with the Tarsier Space Tech plug-in. My ship has four large science hard drive and the HDD section is very wobbly. I was hoping KJR might be able to help so I added the module name, but it's still wobbly. Did I make the right change? Should I modify something else?

<string name="decouplerStiffeningExtensionType5">TSTScienceHardDrive</string>

I encountered a problem where one of my space stations would spontaneously and violently oscillate itself to pieces due to KJR.

Tp7TXoX.png

Removing KJR solves the problem, but I'd like to keep KJR because I'm using RSS. I figure I could tweak the config file, but I have no idea which values I need to adjust.

EDIT: The oscillations start in the four rocket workshop parts from EPL. They are directly attached to a station node connector that was enlarged with tweakscale.

Edited by Jong

I've found a bug or conflict I think, while using 3 mods one of which is KJR. I posted to the bottom of this thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92278-WIP-Part-Radial-Engine-Mounts-by-PanaTee-Parts-International?p=1437925#post1437925

Basically with an IR Rotatron connected to the back of this radial mount (rocket > Rotatron > radial mount > engine), the rotation is screwed up. When I disable KJR the rotation works. I'm not sure where the root issue may be, but if you need logs or something I can try to provide something.

The root issue is that that is a decoupler, and KJR stiffens decouplers heavily due to the fact that they are where most of the wobble occurs. This is intended, or else that mount would likely flop all over the place under high thrust.

IDK if my googling sucks or if it's not been done yet. but i have the b9 aerospace pack with the HUGE parts. and im trying to use IR to make some decently sized hatches and whatnot. but the parts are a bit week so im getting a lot of spring tention in space and atmosphere.

I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction when it comes to modifying the parts file so they tolerate bigger parts without wobbling.

i've tried increasing the mass of the parts and the jointspring and jointdamping but with no luck.

Am i missing something very obvious here or is it just not possible ? didn't want to use a strut system on them to be honest.

Almost every time, my ship comes out of warp, the engines fire up for a very short time. This does not count towards the engine ignitor count of that engine, but messes up fine adjustments.

Is this a known issue of KJR + RO or should I dig deeper to find out what's going on?

Background: I have RO 6.0V12 including all the required and highly reccomended mods (incl. Real Fuels + enging ignitor + KJR) + KAS + KAC + some others.

Thanks!

@Lilienthal: Bug with an old version of RF; you should update that. Why would you think KJR would do that?

Anyway, v2.4.4 is out, with 0.25 compatibility.

As a note, KJR will now disable itself on win64 due to the previous stability issues that have only worsened with the 0.25 update.

If possible, could you add an override setting to allow testing with win64? I had been using the previous version quite successfully and stably with my 24.2 png-converted win64 game (see this post) and would miss the stability this mod offers.

Nope, sorry. Win64 0.25 is even less stable and crash-prone, and frankly shouldn't have been released in the first place. I know from experience that for all the people who will recognize that win64 KSP issues are issues with the underlying game, more will flood me with bug reports and complaints, while telling people about ways to fix it that don't. Since people are unwilling to listen and follow those warnings, they don't get the choice to disregard them.