[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

*sigh* Does everyone really think that these reproduction steps are complete? I've followed them about a million times, more before the release of any of these versions and I have not been able to hit any of them.

Alright, new idea: I need to know who's making manual installs and who's using some package manager / mod manager shenanigans. Anyone using mod managers, don't. Install it manually, see if the issue occurs. Because I've always installed manually and never had any issues.

Ferram4, I am having troubles with the new update and sounding rockets not letting go of each other. I do have a lot of mods installed and Have yet tried to trace the trouble down yet! I plan to do that today or soonÂÂâ„¢. But other then the KSP.log file and a mod list what else is needed for the bug report?

output_log.txt, not ksp.log

(or player.log if using Linux/Mac)

Install it manually, see if the issue occurs.

Running 32bit KSP on Win7.

Had some issues with rockets separating when physics are dialled in on stream last night and uninstalling KJR solved it, have tried both installed manually and via CKAN and my 3.5m parts attached to 4 launch clamps always all separate on launch with KJR (simple 1x 3.5m engine, 1x 3.5m fuel tank and 1x 3.5m-2.5m adapter with higher staging and payload on top unaffected by the separation issue). Debug log records structural failures between the parts. Rocket standing on pad without clamps has no issues.

However, I am running a very modded install.

Another issue I bumped into was some planes being physics locked on load on the runway - now this issue is a lot weirder and I don't even know if it is definitely KJR related (and if so I imagine if a conflict between it and another mod) but just incase anyone else reports that weirdness...

If I can help diagnose the launch clamp issue with any more info or clarification then more than happy to oblige. Thanks for the awesome mods!

I'm seeing a range of issues with the current release, specifically related to craft with UniversalStorage parts.

Only US (spec. US quad core part) + KJR needed to cause these (for me at any rate):

Kerbal on EVA still connected to & controlling craft.

After a save / load cycle the physics of the connection to the US core goes nuts, becomes extremely springy & triggers explosive disassembly if constrained.

Unintentional kraken drive on save / load cycle, stops if any part of the vessel is jettisoned.

Parts of craft (in this case the lander can) disappear on load.

This craft was hyperedited into orbit, all of the above occurs *without* hyperedit, but I'm getting bored with this.

Screenshot.

Log.

Note, this was the same craft as below before leaving the pad.

The combination of US + KJR + ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads results in the craft becoming 'stuck' in midair after launch clamps are released, or stuck to the pad if clamps are not used.

Screenshot.

Log.

All goes back to normal after reverting to 2.4.5.

GNU/Linux x86_64 / clean install with only mods mentioned for each test.

Edited by steve_v

Had some issues with rockets separating when physics are dialled in on stream last night and uninstalling KJR solved it, have tried both installed manually and via CKAN and my 3.5m parts attached to 4 launch clamps always all separate on launch with KJR (simple 1x 3.5m engine, 1x 3.5m fuel tank and 1x 3.5m-2.5m adapter with higher staging and payload on top unaffected by the separation issue). Debug log records structural failures between the parts. Rocket standing on pad without clamps has no issues.

Another issue I bumped into was some planes being physics locked on load on the runway - now this issue is a lot weirder and I don't even know if it is definitely KJR related (and if so I imagine if a conflict between it and another mod) but just incase anyone else reports that weirdness...

If I can help diagnose the launch clamp issue with any more info or clarification then more than happy to oblige. Thanks for the awesome mods!

I wonder if this is similar to what I was experiencing here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105094-0-90-Better-Buoyancy-v1-0-Simple-Water-Fixes-12-27-14?p=1639055#post1639055. No clue if they're related. Was using KJR and EPL, but not US.

Now that I think about it, it was as if the decouplers on the rear of the plane were being treated as launch clamps... or something.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Well, good news is that I tracked down the vessel-stuck issue and the undocking issues; the dll in the github repo has fixes for those. v3.0.2 will be out at some point to fix those in a stable release, but I'm still waiting to make sure that I get all the bugs, since the bug reports I've been getting are absurdly general with highly generic reproduction steps, which basically means that a full release will have to wait for those people to provide more information. Until I can actually reproduce the issues I can't fix them.

I experienced also some strange behaviour related to KJR. Everything looked fine until I loaded a quicksave. The ship, a very small and simple on a stable low orbit around Mun, just wobbled a bit after a second or two after loading and exploded. When I uninstalled KJR, I could load the quicksave without any problems – the ship remained whole and I could return to Kerbin.

And there might be another problem related to KJR (maybe… like EnterElysium, I have a very modded installation too): when the ship stands on the launch pad on a KW Rocketry engine (just some?), it simply sticks to the ground and can't lift off. Without KJR, it can.

I can provide more details and try to reduce the situation to the easiest reproducible state. In the case of the exploding ship, I have no better idea than to send the quicksave file with the list of minimal mods that are needed. If it is wanted, of course. Are there any instructions what else should I do to help with finding the issue?

No, experience has shown that multiple releases close to each other results in people getting update fatigue and continuing to run on older versions; then they report bugs that have been fixed. As proof, I submit Damaske, who just recently reported an issue that was fixed in 3.0.1, but who was still running on 3.0. It is simply not worth the hassle, and the stable release will wait until people providing bug reports can simplify the issues down to the minimum crafts and mods needed to cause them so that I can either close the issues as due to something else or address them.

No, experience has shown that multiple releases close to each other results in people getting update fatigue and continuing to run on older versions; then they report bugs that have been fixed. As proof, I submit Damaske, who just recently reported an issue that was fixed in 3.0.1, but who was still running on 3.0. It is simply not worth the hassle, and the stable release will wait until people providing bug reports can simplify the issues down to the minimum crafts and mods needed to cause them so that I can either close the issues as due to something else or address them.

um, No I was running 3.0.1 I seen that it fixed the sounding rockets sticking issue and went to download and install it. I downloaded the files from both available locations kerbalstuff, and github and found that the sections where not releasing properly with 3.0.1. If there was confusion as to what version I was on then that is my fault.

Nope. Code change that fixed USI sounding rockets was in 3.0.1. Nothing has been pushed to github since has changed how KJR behaves with respect to USI auto-decoupling. If the sounding rockets were still having issues, you were running 3.0, not 3.0.1.

I am running into the same issue. I am running KSP with Realism Overhaul, Mechjeb, Kerbal Engineer, KWRocketry and FASA. All Mods are the latest version downloaded yesterday and manually installed on a clean installation of KSP. Pretty much my rocket breaks up on the Launchpad as soon as I load it from the VAB. I can only sometimes launch if I place 4 launch clamps on the first or second stage engines but its a 50/50 chance. If I quicksave and revert, the rocket always falls apart when I load the quicksave. Its a fairly large recreation of the Saturn V.

The craft file can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/v46mtenr5sroez6/Saturn%20V.craft?dl=0. I am at my wits ends trying to get this thing to launch and I think the issue relates to KJR since the breakup happens right after the KJR message shows. The rocket always separates at engines with both the 1st and 2nd Stage engines falling off.

A picture of my GameData folder can be found at this link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdvoieyckftr06i/KSP.JPG?dl=0

[EDIT] Just out of curiosity, I downgraded from 3.0.1 to 2.4.5 and it eliminated the problem. Will keep using the old version of KJR until the bug gets fixed.

Edited by rrkss

I'm having a similar problem. I've got a 100-part station I wanted to test, but after hyperediting to orbit it would disintegrate as soon as KJR would start stabilizing physics. Removing KRJ has fixed that problem.

Hyperedit + KJR appears to cause insta-explosions and/or kraken drives ATM. v2.4.5 still works with HE AFAIK.

Weird, I have hyperedited alot of craft into orbits today and have the latest KJR installed. What does happen sometimes on my install is parts burning up due to overheating (thats an Hyperedit/DRE/maybe RSS interaction i guess), but that can be fixed by going into an orbit that is a few magnitutes higher initially. Have you made sure that its structural failures and not just parts burning up? What does the mission log (F3) say?