[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

I get a strange bug, whenever I decouple a node or undock (what is the difference?) the two docking ports disconnect so I have two crafts but they are still held together by some magical force that is stronger than any engine. And sometimes it leads to the entire thing just blowing up. Its like the docking clamps release, but they are still held together by magnetism or something.

I get a strange bug, whenever I decouple a node or undock (what is the difference?) the two docking ports disconnect so I have two crafts but they are still held together by some magical force that is stronger than any engine. And sometimes it leads to the entire thing just blowing up. Its like the docking clamps release, but they are still held together by magnetism or something.

Same here, craft file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmm8u0mad6hwvl8/Hawke%20I.craft?dl=0

Yes, yes. Dev build has some changes that I think fixes the issue. Try it out, see if they reoccur.

For anyone else who was having problems with the SDHI service module failing to decouple, this fixed everything.

Thanks ferram4!

I get a strange bug, whenever I decouple a node or undock (what is the difference?) the two docking ports disconnect so I have two crafts but they are still held together by some magical force that is stronger than any engine.

I think I got bitten by that same bug last night; two Clampotron Sr. docking ports would not physically separate, even though I had undocked the ships. I could even cycle between each separate ship but they were still stuck together. I was able to work around it by quick-saving, then quick-loading. After that, I could undock and separate as normal.

Yes, yes. Dev build has some changes that I think fixes the issue. Try it out, see if they reoccur.

Is there a binary download for the .dll of the Dev build anywhere, Ferram? I clicked on the Github link in the first page but it seemed to take me to the source code.

Is there a binary download for the .dll of the Dev build anywhere, Ferram? I clicked on the Github link in the first page but it seemed to take me to the source code.

If I am not mistaken, this is what you are looking for: https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/archive/6561de87f54201defa4e10e728c7b1aae046f7ed.zip

KJR Tree: 6561de87f5 17/01/15 10:00GMT roughly.

Screenshots of the craft?

Anyways, grabbing this in hopes it makes my tall heavylifter rocket (over 2k tons in mass) a bit less wobbly, and no it's not top heavy. Also spotted an updated FAR, so grabbing that as well.

I've tried the latest in github, and that seems to have mostly fixed the release dock bug (although with one slight bug where the vessel isn't pushed away on release).

There however seem to be a more serious problem where after returning to the station, my vessel was completely unable to dock with any of the docking ports of the station :(

It seems like the latest build has reintroduced the problem where land based docking ports won't actually let go of each other. You can undock and it'll appear that you have two seperate craft (each can be controlled seperately) but you can't actually move them apart. Problem doesn't occur which vessels that are in flight. It's only ground based vessels that seem to have this issue.

There are no docking ports there. There's a .craft file in that thread. Maybe it's a radial attachment point? I even tried to launch it with an engine vertically. The radial command pod just doesn't move, even when I exploded the engine, it remained hanging in the air.

Hi,

also "undock bug" here, so i installed version 3.1.1...

...undocking is possible now, with a restriction:

if you load a savegame where a docking is stored (docked using 3.1.1), youre not able to undock it, means undocking is only possible if the docked state wasnt loaded.

...not shure if this behavior is caused by a save which got corrupt by the initial bugged KJR version, as the docking modules got lifted using the bugged version. if so, it would be nice to know what edit`s i have to do in my savegame.

I found one more detail about that docking problem. It undocks/decouples well if the part connected to the docking port has its other docking nodes free. If something is attached to another docking node, this weird thing happens:

grrVsYL.png

If I am not mistaken, this is what you are looking for: https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/archive/6561de87f54201defa4e10e728c7b1aae046f7ed.zip

KJR Tree: 6561de87f5 17/01/15 10:00GMT roughly.

I just encountered this problem.

I first tried uninstalling KJP, and my station flew apart :-(

So I restored from a backup, installed this dev DLL, and it all works.

So, I thank you for the effort.

Also, my kerbals also thank you (especially Jeb!)