[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

Greatly reduced? running 20 mods at 3.8 gigs is not greatly in my idea! 64 bit will come later time for sure but everyone acts like it's gone forever and like if it's a good thing. Sorry but I have bases that cannot get built in a 32 bit app. But I just needed a simple answer is all not to get into this again. 64 bit is gone for now yes but that does not mean it's buggy for those who know how to use it still.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you guys wanna see amazing modpacks like Minecraft has like FTB and Tekkit? I had to allocate 9 gigs of ram to my minecraft because I have 135 mods installed and it's so fun!! Don't you guys wanna not be limited by part count and resort to lowering to eight res? I don't get it? Scratches head walks away

- - - Updated - - -

Let's just forget the conversation here becuase this is an EXTREMELY touchy subject forget I asked! :-(

Greatly reduced? running 20 mods at 3.8 gigs is not greatly in my idea!

Well not all mods have released updates with DDS textures. Use this tool to convert.

Let's just forget the conversation here becuase this is an EXTREMELY touchy subject forget I asked! :-(

Well you're not the first person to bring this up, or for that matter the 50th. You're lucky in that Win64 KSP has given you minimal issues, but that's usually not the case (for me it crashed if I looked at it funny). Mod authors were spammed with bug reports that were irreproducable and it was impossible to distinguish mod bugs from KSP64 bugs. So support was dropped. When Squad releases a stable Win64 build of KSP, mod support will likely come back, but until then you're just going to have to live with 32 bit (or go to Linux, on which the 64 bit build is stable).

@Eddie Rod: [/b[i'm sure you have no issues whatsoever. No crashes at all, right? But didn't you mention in the General Discussions thread about this something along the lines of how a crash every so often is good to get you to stop playing? Yeah, there are still issues. Even more so now that it's no longer official, but fortunately, that's just even more reason to not bother supporting it.

@s.maelstrom: As noted before with M3Man03, I cannot reproduce your issue at all, nor does KJR do anything that would involve the movement of launch clamps. Please provide full reproduction steps and a full copy of the output log with no mods other than KJR installed, or else the exact minimum required to reproduce the issue. If you can't do this, I have to assume that it's another mod entirely, because I can't recreate it. And I've been playing all of 1.0 with KJR and never seen it.

http://imgur.com/a/j0HEv

Narrowed this issue down to this mod.

1.0.2, launch clamps keep respawning after liftoff, approx. every 10-12sec. They have collision too so they'd hit parts of the ship as seen in the flight log.

My list of mods: http://i.imgur.com/TftkuTn.jpg

FASA's launch towers do that without KJR - they keep following the craft. With the FASA parts, they seem to be tied to the stage they were attached to, so they go away eventually (if they were attached to a lower stage).

FASA's launch towers do that without KJR - they keep following the craft. With the FASA parts, they seem to be tied to the stage they were attached to, so they go away eventually (if they were attached to a lower stage).

So is there a way to eliminate this problem? What causes it?

So is there a way to eliminate this problem? What causes it?

It's a stock bug and I suspect that it may have to do with putting clamps on the engines, but don't take my word for it since I don't have absolute proof that it's caused by putting clamps on engines.

It's a stock bug and I suspect that it may have to do with putting clamps on the engines, but don't take my word for it since I don't have absolute proof that it's caused by putting clamps on engines.

I never clamp engines - the single FASA launch tower I used was placed high on the 1st stage tank (with 3 regular launch clamps near the bottom of the tank to stabilize). I suspect it is a stock bug, and not caused by KJR, so I'll stop hijacking this thread with OT discussions.

Try placing the launch clamps in their own stage above the first stage engines. Hit space to activate the first stage then a second time to release the clamps. That way the stage the launch clamps were in is "dropped" before the first stage burnout.

Fortunately??? Why would removing 64 bit from this kind of app be fortunate?

Because it's unstable for nearly everyone else. Consider yourself lucky you don't get crashes but that is NOT the case in general so stop acting like it is. ferram4's and other mod authors' decision to stop supporting Win64 builds of KSP was well informed based on the issues many, many people have with the Win64 builds. This discussion has been thoroughly hashed out in the past, and you're not going change anyone's minds by belaboring the point.

Because it's unstable for nearly everyone else. Consider yourself lucky you don't get crashes but that is NOT the case in general so stop acting like it is. ferram4's and other mod authors' decision to stop supporting Win64 builds of KSP was well informed based on the issues many, many people have with the Win64 builds. This discussion has been thoroughly hashed out in the past, and you're not going change anyone's minds by belaboring the point.

I never did bro he drew all this out! All I asked is was the code still their to disable itself!?! WHY THE HATE! I don't care what they do nor do I care if it ever officially comes back all I care about are mods disabling themselves for the super smart people who know how to get 64 bit running stable and need it for their youtube channels! If the mod would not say at the title it was disabled for 64 bit I never would even posted originally. I give my fans top quality content and I hate when too many mods means having to lower resolution. Also when I need to build a big ship or a base I need lot's of memory so as to not crash! For the average player this is no issue bt when you need to build BIG you need 64 bit no questions asked! I hope you can understand I totally agree it was removed for now until fixed but in no way is that a FORTUNATE thing! In my eyes this is a CRITICAL bug that is still un-addressed!

Edited by Eddie Rod

And at this point, I've got this super-smart guy filling my thread up with a bunch of noise about how his win64 is utterly and completely perfect and never crashes ever. Sure. The data completely and totally lies, and you're not glossing over crashes or running well below 4 GB to avoid crashes. Yeah, I believe you, really.

Now stop filling up my thread with this. If you're really so super-smart that you can make the win64 build magically stable when it isn't, you surely have the brains to recompile a mod.

Yes I'm gone but what data? Their is no data for 64 bit on 1.0.2? You just assume out of your rage for it! Have you tried it? Nope and think for one second man this is my last message to you but just think about this one thing! I had some bugs on 64 bit .90 that completely are gone in 1.0 and I'm sure engine is the same? Maybe the bugs are SQUAD and NOT Unity? When you see ow stable on my series than you will see I'm not lying and I'm sure that some of this is not in the engine and is in the code! Well sorry to bother you on a forum. Peace out! And Who doesn't know how to recompile a mod? I try to be polite and you just try to insult and call people dumb! I will make sure to let my fans know how loving you are!

We have no data for win64 on 1.0.2 because it does not exist, except in hacked versions that have god knows what issues. We do have lots of data for win64 on other versions of KSP, and it is always the same: lots of memory crashes for no apparent reason. I know, because I was hopeful for win64 on 0.24, which was a disaster. It's only gotten worse, and I don't see how it would work any better now.

Guest cheesehelmetbiscuitbarrel

Just to be annoying, I'm using the Win64 hacked version as well - and apart from very minor issues, it is running fine for me...

Am just looking through your source code at the moment to disable the Win64 block

Awesome mod by the way, makes KSP much more enjoyable :)

Hi Ferram

I like your MOD alot, and i have a simple question:

Does your Mod also affect the Suspension force of the new stock landinggears or am i wrong?

To me in my install it looks like they dont damp no weight at all anymore...

I got kerbal engineer and your newest Joint Reinforcement installed, nothing else...?

Hm, you have alot of REP... have some more:wink: and have a good time btw

Edited by Mikki
Typo, sorry my english tell is terrible:/

I never did bro he drew all this out! All I asked is was the code still their to disable itself!?! WHY THE HATE! I don't care what they do nor do I care if it ever officially comes back all I care about are mods disabling themselves for the super smart people who know how to get 64 bit running stable and need it for their youtube channels! If the mod would not say at the title it was disabled for 64 bit I never would even posted originally. I give my fans top quality content and I hate when too many mods means having to lower resolution. Also when I need to build a big ship or a base I need lot's of memory so as to not crash! For the average player this is no issue bt when you need to build BIG you need 64 bit no questions asked! I hope you can understand I totally agree it was removed for now until fixed but in no way is that a FORTUNATE thing! In my eyes this is a CRITICAL bug that is still un-addressed!

So, you play on 64bit Linux, right? That's how everyone does it nowadays, when they have lots of mods and need lots of memory.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no win64 builds of KSP anymore, so the question of whether it disables itself on a win64 build is a moot point.

To be fair, he didn't say 64bit Windows. In the context of KSP 1.0 and above, he shirley must be talking about 64bit Linux. Couldn't be anything else, right?

Well I can testify that this works - apart from that compatibility notice from AVC.

- - - Updated - - -

v3.1.3 reports in avc checker as 1.0.2 incompatible, but works fine. Seems to need small update to report 1.0.2 ok in avc

Confirmed, I think

GameData/KerbalJointReinforcement/KerbalJointReinforcement.version

needs to be edited to make the message go away.

Edited by Amedee

Thank you for you WONDERFULL mod. I was fed up with those noodle docking ports which makes stations parts quite impossible to launch even with fairing.

Magically, my rocket now goes straight and stop wobbleing.

Thanks you again Ferram4

Let me clarify: I mean when two ships are docked. A docking port to docking port connection.

~Steve

Yes,

Though last I played with it you had to dock and then return to space center and back to the vessel or swap vessels and back in order for the connection stiffening to occur (basically force a re-unpack of the vessel).

Using this I was able to send 250t+ payloads connected by nothing more than a single Docking Port Sr. -- no struts or multiple docking ports required.