ferram4

[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

Recommended Posts

On 4/8/2018 at 11:02 AM, Quinto_Fabio said:

Please, upgrade for version 1.4

This should get you going

On 3/18/2018 at 8:44 PM, ss8913 said:

If you install 3.3.3 and then replace the DLL file with this one:  [Download link removed by moderator]

that should get you going.  All I did was change the Compatibility string as described above, and recompile with Visual Studio 2017.  It works for me; no warranty or support is provided, and this is an unofficial build, do not ask Ferram4 or anyone else for help with this either, this is strictly at-your-own risk.  It does,  however, work for me.

or you can use this

On 4/5/2018 at 6:59 AM, FrancoisH said:

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this, but along with Infernal Robotics Next beta, there's an updated KJR fork available here : https://github.com/meirumeiru/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases and updated to 1.4.1

 

Edited by Snark
Download link removed by moderator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Quinto_Fabio, hi, welcome to the forum! I see that @viperwolf has already helpfully given you the information you need. In the futre, we would really appreciate it if you could check back a few posts before making a request like that. This page is actually filled with information about getting it working on 1.4. Have fun :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 8:44 PM, ss8913 said:

If you install 3.3.3 and then replace the DLL file with this one: [Download link removed by moderator]

that should get you going.  All I did was change the Compatibility string as described above, and recompile with Visual Studio 2017.  It works for me; no warranty or support is provided, and this is an unofficial build, do not ask Ferram4 or anyone else for help with this either, this is strictly at-your-own risk.  It does,  however, work for me.

It Works, except for wheels and legs class. It seem to errrrr...... broken too easily.

Edited by Snark
Download link removed by moderator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 3:59 PM, FrancoisH said:

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this, but along with Infernal Robotics Next beta, there's an updated KJR fork available here : https://github.com/meirumeiru/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases and updated to 1.4.1

Thanks a bunch! I experienced some pretty significant framerate issues with the tweaked DLL earlier in the thread (that lasted longer than the 5-15 seconds mentioned by its tweaker).

That fork lists "Bugfixes, many improvements and optimizations." so sounds a lot better than just an edited version!

On 4/14/2018 at 12:26 PM, lunian said:

It Works, except for wheels and legs class. It seem to errrrr...... broken too easily.

As far as I know that's just 1.4 being buggy beyond comprehension. Try it without mods and they should still break easily. (known bug that's being worked on)

Edited by Jognt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just installed the updated version mentioned by @FrancoisH and it's working like a dream. As a new player I've been looking at the supplied pre-built craft, and when I tried the Albatross the wings flexed so much I couldn't climb, dive, or turn without them instantly collapsing. Not knowing enough about autostrut to get it working, I found out about this mod and it's solved the issue - no more excessive wing flex, now any problems I have are down to my flying skills alone! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 7:09 PM, JH4C said:

Just installed the updated version mentioned by @FrancoisH and it's working like a dream. As a new player I've been looking at the supplied pre-built craft, and when I tried the Albatross the wings flexed so much I couldn't climb, dive, or turn without them instantly collapsing. Not knowing enough about autostrut to get it working, I found out about this mod and it's solved the issue - no more excessive wing flex, now any problems I have are down to my flying skills alone! :D

Editor Extensions Redux help with autostruting if going through each part and setting autostrut isnt your fancy. EER gives you the option to set all parts autostrut to any of the available options. Pretty useful among other functionality it provides. Gives a very nice button in the vab/sph too so no weird hotkey combo to remember lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 9:35 PM, Jognt said:

Thanks a bunch! I experienced some pretty significant framerate issues with the tweaked DLL earlier in the thread (that lasted longer than the 5-15 seconds mentioned by its tweaker).

That fork lists "Bugfixes, many improvements and optimizations." so sounds a lot better than just an edited version!

As far as I know that's just 1.4 being buggy beyond comprehension. Try it without mods and they should still break easily. (known bug that's being worked on)

1.4.3 Solved the landing leg issue.

I can land on mun now. Fxxx Yeah!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please make an update... :unsure:, It is so important to have this mod  ;) and, it one of the best mod for me :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 8:44 PM, ss8913 said:

If you install 3.3.3 and then replace the DLL file with this one:  [Download link removed by moderator]

that should get you going.  All I did was change the Compatibility string as described above, and recompile with Visual Studio 2017.  It works for me; no warranty or support is provided, and this is an unofficial build, do not ask Ferram4 or anyone else for help with this either, this is strictly at-your-own risk.  It does,  however, work for me.

Is this fix still working? The dropbox isn't accessible.

Edited by Snark
Download link removed by moderator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, icecold951 said:

Is this fix still working? The dropbox isn't accessible.

the dll works... don't know about the link though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any current source for the DLL mentioned? The dropbox doesn't work. Right now, I'm working with struts. But that adds to the part count, then goes at sim rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you referring to the one I posted, or someone else?

Or did I even post one? Not sure if this is the one I was waiting on permission for... I've reconciled several to make them work in 1.4.x..  several mods, that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

20 hours ago, ss8913 said:

Are you referring to the one I posted, or someone else?

Or did I even post one? Not sure if this is the one I was waiting on permission for... I've reconciled several to make them work in 1.4.x..  several mods, that is.

I'm not sure who posted it. They had it in a dropbox link, but that is shut down now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got t working with one of the links. KerbalJointReinforcement_v3.4.1_for_1.4.2

But I'm getting some serious sim rate issues with this. When I removed it, sim rate stayed green. With KJR, I'm at about 1/4 sim speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried 3.4.1 and 3.4.1-p1 on 1.4.3 --> game crashes on multiple occasions, for instance staging or using the cheat menu to set the vehicle to a specific orbit. Was too frustrated to try anything else.

Edited by ShadowZone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ShadowZone said:

I tried 3.4.1 and 3.4.1-p1 on 1.4.3 --> game crashes on multiple occasions, for instance staging or using the cheat menu to set the vehicle to a specific orbit. Was too frustrated to try anything else.

just to mention this: that's not the right thread to ask for 3.4.1 and 3.4.1-p1 ... this is a version I built to use with IR Next and it's supported via Infernal Robotics Next thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

just to mention this: that's not the right thread to ask for 3.4.1 and 3.4.1-p1 ... this is a version I built to use with IR Next and it's supported via Infernal Robotics Next thread

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression this is an inofficial KJR continuation that could be used by everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowZone said:

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression this is an inofficial KJR continuation that could be used by everybody.

well... somehow it is... (at least to make this clear -> everybody can use it ... it's not some kind of special version just for situation xy or something... but, it's not really the "offcial" one)

and I'm working on a performance improvement right now... if someone wants to send me a ship that shows those problems, then I will look into it and analyze why it slows down

Edited by Rudolf Meier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 2:34 PM, leatherneck6017 said:

Works fine for me.

Hi, it doesn't seem to be working for me, do I need anything else other than the downloaded file?  KJR v3.4.1 p1

I really need this mod to continue with my plane not breaking on the runway....

KSP 143 windows 7x64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.