[PLUGIN+PARTS][0.23] SCANsat terrain mapping

damny

Alright. I tried the toolbar icons myself and it didn't work. None of the icons work. I did the context menu and the part doesn't even deploy. I tried updating toolbar and that didn't work. Please help.

Alright. I tried the toolbar icons myself and it didn't work. None of the icons work. I did the context menu and the part doesn't even deploy. I tried updating toolbar and that didn't work. Please help.

So you have toolbar icons, but they don't do anything?

In your Kerbal Space Program\GameData\, you should have:

000_Toolbar

SCANsat

SCANsatRPM

is that right?

Yes that is correct.

OK. I do not intend to patronize you, but I just happened to have made some animated GIFs showing the process of using SCANsat with the toolbar:

OyAPio4.gif

At which stage does this go wrong? Are the SCANsat buttons not available to be added to the toolbar? Are they added, but they still don't work?

They are added to the actual toolbar but do nothing. And no worries, I just want to get this sorted.

That sounds like it could be an actual bug. Can you tell me what version of the toolbar you're using? You can look in KSP.log.

I did the context menu and the part doesn't even deploy.

The right-click menu shows options but the parts don't deploy? These are the animated parts, the RADAR, SAR or multispectral scanner?

This doesn't sound like something specific to toolbar.

Do you see anything in the debug menu (alt+F2) when you click on the right-click menu buttons or the toolbar buttons?

The right-click menu shows options but the parts don't deploy?

Yes. But they do deploy in the VAB preview if that means anything. I'm going to check the debug log now.

EDIT: this seems to keep showing up.

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Edited by zwolf721

Yes. But they do deploy in the VAB preview if that means anything. I'm going to check the debug log now.

EDIT: this seems to keep showing up.

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Have you tried version 5? Or the latest release of version 6? It sounds like either the plugin isn't loading correctly or something is corrupted. It's also possible that something else is affecting SCANsat, but I'm not sure what could do so.

I have tried it with both version 5 and the new release of version 6. Nothing.

Try it without the toolbar installed at all. Just SCANsat and SCANsatRPM.

If that fails, then I can only suggest to redownload KSP itself.

Before that, though, it would help if you post your KSP.log and/or some screenshots of what is happening (or not happening).

As a new thread was opened to provide and discuss further updates of SCANsat mod (link here), any further posts about SCANsat should be directed over there.

Damny, you did an excellent work with this mod, we miss news about you and what you would have liked this mod to become.

If you return and like so, you can PM any mod to have this thread reopened.

Thread closed.