KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

I haven't seen that error before either, but thanks very much for the report. This one seems more involved than others I'm seeing so far, so please feel free to report it on Github too. The stacktrace gives a good clue as to what's going wrong here, but will perhaps take a bit more testing to unveil what's going on under the hood. If you see it again, can you also copy+paste the last few messages from the console?

Before there was a the "Universe saved" message and two message saying that the two clients were passed "IN_FLIGHT".

From this stacktrace I can think of a SQL missing, if there's a databased-something in your code then it will surely not work on a "normal" computer, unless you provide a SQL Database file yourself with the installation.

I've tryed to start the server with my localhost, but when i try to connect to the server, the server automatically crash, there are too some problems with the KMP save, Kerbal say that the save must be converted...

The first problem is the problem I was having, copy the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" from "$KSPfolder\KSP_Data\Managed" to the location of the server executable.

The second problem isn't really one, as you don't need to go to the save file, just to connect though KMP and let the plugin does his connecting work.

Before there was a the "Universe saved" message and two message saying that the two clients were passed "IN_FLIGHT".

From this stacktrace I can think of a SQL missing, if there's a databased-something in your code then it will surely not work on a "normal" computer, unless you provide a SQL Database file yourself with the installation.

Whatever the bug is, it's not a missing database--KMP creates its database on the fly when it can't find a saved one nearby. The error suggests that something is causing the server to create invalid SQL to query the database. Please try this special debug version and let me know if you notice any change (and please post updated logs as well, if you can).

By the way, anyone want to fool around a bit?

All my friends are too busy with Dota and whatnot :(

if anyone wanna try connecting, I got dynamic dns address: queril.no-ip.info:2525

Also, how much resources does the server consume?

I'm thinking of renting a VPS soon for my projects, might try hosting public server on it.

Edited by Queril
added address

Perhaps something to look into for a future version--for this release I naturally just needed something that was simple and would work.

Why not just make the system shared when you start the first stage. Rare that two people would launch at the exact same second (unless your talking MMO) and if they do, they blow up, it would be a very rare but hilarious happening.

Alright, using the special debugging version:

[20:29:30]DELETE FROM kmpVesselUpdate WHERE Guid"{GUID}" AND Subspace = 1; INSERT INTO kmpVesselUpdateHistory (Guid, Subspace, UpdateMessage) VALUES ('{GUID}', 1, 312, 760000000008; @update);
[20:29:30]System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQL logic error or missing database
near "760000000008": syntax error
à KMPServer.Server.hostingLoop()
à KMPServer.ServerMain.hostServer(ServerSettings settings)
Stacktrace: à System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
à KMPServer.Server.handleMessage(Int32 client_index, ClientMessageID id, Byte[] data)
à KMPServer.Server.asyncUDPReceive(IAsyncResult result)

It seems that it is not random, but as soon as I get further than 40km from the launchpad, which is the radius of the "private launchpad sphere", that could explain things.

Alright, using the special debugging version:

[20:29:30]DELETE FROM kmpVesselUpdate WHERE Guid"{GUID}" AND Subspace = 1; INSERT INTO kmpVesselUpdateHistory (Guid, Subspace, UpdateMessage) VALUES ('{GUID}', 1, 312, 760000000008; @update);
[20:29:30]System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQL logic error or missing database
near "760000000008": syntax error
à KMPServer.Server.hostingLoop()
à KMPServer.ServerMain.hostServer(ServerSettings settings)
Stacktrace: à System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
à KMPServer.Server.handleMessage(Int32 client_index, ClientMessageID id, Byte[] data)
à KMPServer.Server.asyncUDPReceive(IAsyncResult result)

It seems that it is not random, but as soon as I get further than 40km from the launchpad, which is the radius of the "private launchpad sphere", that could explain things.

Please download the debug version again (just updated it)--I've caught and (hopefully) corrected a problem related to localization. I should've guessed that the only people who can test right now are all Europeans!!

EDIT: Still missed some things in this version, fresh one coming. Norwegian numbering, feh....

Edited by TehGimp666

Because KMP is based on KLF you can even add your servers here: http://klf-info.general-physics.de/

This site is still buggy and I'll seperate KLF and KMP soon on a new website. Give me some time and that is done in under a week if I have free time.

Also: My server is crashing everytime someone connects...

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
File name: 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at KMPServer.Server.hostingLoop()
at KMPServer.ServerMain.hostServer(ServerSettings settings)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stacktrace: at KMPServer.Server.sendPluginUpdateToAll(Byte[] data, Boolean secondaryUpdate, Int32 sending_client)
at KMPServer.Server.handleMessage(Int32 client_index, ClientMessageID id, Byte[] data)
at KMPServer.Server.asyncUDPReceive(IAsyncResult result)

Because KMP is based on KLF you can even add your servers here: http://klf-info.general-physics.de/

This site is still buggy and I'll seperate KLF and KMP soon on a new website. Give me some time and that is done in under a week if I have free time.

Also: My server is crashing everytime someone connects...

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
File name: 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at KMPServer.Server.hostingLoop()
at KMPServer.ServerMain.hostServer(ServerSettings settings)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stacktrace: at KMPServer.Server.sendPluginUpdateToAll(Byte[] data, Boolean secondaryUpdate, Int32 sending_client)
at KMPServer.Server.handleMessage(Int32 client_index, ClientMessageID id, Byte[] data)
at KMPServer.Server.asyncUDPReceive(IAsyncResult result)

This crash is due to the missing DLL "Assembly-CSharp", which can be found at "<KSP_Folder>\KSP_Data\Managed". Copy it to the KMP Server folder and restart the server. You should be done with that :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.