KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Hi all--just a heads up that I'm not keeping up on this thread as much as I did following the initial release. If you're having problems and the community's suggestions don't help please PM me, report the issue on GitHub, or give me a shout on Reddit/Twitter. Thanks for all the support everyone!

Hello there everyone. Just wanted to leave some feedback. It appears there are some big issues still around the launch pad. The game I was hosting has degraded to such a state where there is so much debris on the pad that nothing can launch again.

I really don't like to repost but I have Been trying to connect to every server possible since the mod hit the space port 4 days ago and I have had no luck at all. every time I try to connect all it gives me is connected to server! handshaking.... I have searched up and down the fourm asked twice and now I'm completely out of ideas and patience Please Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong Please.

So in 0.1 when i want to save my vessel and exit the game freezes

And in 0.1.1 the game crashes when i want to join a server

Win 8 here. Don't ask about my RAM and stuff because it's just not worth it.

Edited by Veeltch

I am trying to play this mod with a friend of mine but we are facing some problems. I tried to go through all the pages but 49 pages is a lot so I might have missed something.

I am hosting the server on OSX and I can join my own server perfectly fine. However, when he tries to join my server his game just freezes and nothing happens. There are no messages in the server dialog. But we tested and he can join other servers. What why can't he join my server?

Sorry if this question has been asked (and Im sure it has) before and answered. I just couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

So in 0.1 when i want to save my vessel and exit the game freezes

And in 0.1.1 the game crashes when i want to join a server

Win 8 here. Don't ask about my RAM and stuff because it's just not worth it.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties--please consider posting a report on GitHub so that we can look into it further.

I really don't like to repost but I have Been trying to connect to every server possible since the mod hit the space port 4 days ago and I have had no luck at all. every time I try to connect all it gives me is connected to server! handshaking.... I have searched up and down the fourm asked twice and now I'm completely out of ideas and patience Please Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong Please.

Not sure what is going wrong Spears--unfortunately there's lots of possibilities. If you're still not having luck with servers you know other people are connecting to OK, please open an issue on GitHub. Thanks!

I am trying to play this mod with a friend of mine but we are facing some problems. I tried to go through all the pages but 49 pages is a lot so I might have missed something.

I am hosting the server on OSX and I can join my own server perfectly fine. However, when he tries to join my server his game just freezes and nothing happens. There are no messages in the server dialog. But we tested and he can join other servers. What why can't he join my server?

Sorry if this question has been asked (and Im sure it has) before and answered. I just couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

We're not aware of any OS X-specific problems, but this sounds like you may not have opened both TCP & UDP for the KMP port?

I've been trying to tackle this problem for the better part of today with no joy. Firewall is off, not on a lan and have tried a good 7+ different servers, all on a fresh install of KSP (via Steam). Every server does the exact same thing:

"Connected to Server! Handshaking..." followed immediately by "Handshake Received. Server Version 0.1.0" while still I sit at the main menu. I feel like I'm missing something incredibly stupid since the connection window is telling me it connected and handshook with out any problems.

lol created a forum account just to ask this question.

after i downloaded the mod, unzipped, put all the non read-me//copyright things in the game folder and most annoying of all finding a server....

well i found a server that said that i had connected and the person had a website that said who was connected, and i was there but.....

Now that ive connected and it says "handshake received" what do i do ????

i dont auto join a game

it auto disconnects me if i create/start up a save....

WHAT DO I DO NOW ???

plz.....

after i downloaded the mod, unzipped, put all the non read-me//copyright things in the game folder and most annoying of all finding a server....

well i found a server that said that i had connected and the person had a website that said who was connected, and i was there but.....

i dont auto join a game

WHAT DO I DO NOW ???

plz.....

My problem in a nutshell.

tested it with 2 ksp clients and i can confirt that this mod actually works it is still a bit shaggy, but wow tis is way ahead of my expectations, and this mod fell just from the sky yesterday i was like ' WTF is this happening' :D

I've been trying to tackle this problem for the better part of today with no joy. Firewall is off, not on a lan and have tried a good 7+ different servers, all on a fresh install of KSP (via Steam). Every server does the exact same thing:

"Connected to Server! Handshaking..." followed immediately by "Handshake Received. Server Version 0.1.0" while still I sit at the main menu. I feel like I'm missing something incredibly stupid since the connection window is telling me it connected and handshook with out any problems.

I have posted the issue in git hub and tehgimp is looking into it. If you make any progress let me know.

the link to the issue: https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/issues/63

i dont auto join a game

WHAT DO I DO NOW ???

plz.....

Hey Nemrav, I had the same problem, are you sure you downloaded the KMP save files into the KSP save file?

So I have set up my own local server for a few friends of mine and I wanted to share what I have discovered so far concerning mods:

When adding a mod part to the KSPPartsList.txt

1) Any part's name containing an underscore, "_", fails to be recognized as a valid part. This can be fixed by changing underscores to dashes in the part's .cfg file ("name = Part_Name" changes to "name = Part-Name")

2) Part Names beginning with numbers will not be recognized. This can be fixed by adding a letter before the number in the part's .cfg file ("name = 123Part" changes to "name = a123Part")

Two mods I have downloaded and installed so far are Deadly Reentry 2.1 and Ioncross Life Support dev 11.4:

Deadly Reentry works without any (discovered) errors so far after changing a few part names slightly.

Ioncross Life Support works (semi) well so far. One issue I have discovered is that resource consumption does not occur when syncing forward (i.e. O2 does not decrease when syncing with a future player, no does CO2 increase). I believe this to be a fault with the code of Ioncross, as the Resource calculations are dependent on a "linear" increase in the Universal Time and not the jump that occurs with Kerbal Multiplayer.

On the positive side, resources (and their amounts) added by mods are save through logging out, server restarts, switching to and from other craft, and other players using the craft.

Next on the agenda is Kethane and then B9. I'll report back with an update after I test them out.

Wingman_mn

P.S. Remember to distribute the modified parts and the KSPPartsList.txt to each player on the server, otherwise errors will occur :P

Edited by Wingman_mn

Hey Nemrav, I had the same problem, are you sure you downloaded the KMP save files into the KSP save file?

Can only speak for myself but my KSP acts like that save is out of date and is incompatible every time I go to play singleplayer, and asks me to try and convert it to the current version (which does nothing), delete it, or ignore the save altogether. Not sure if that's normal, or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.