KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

This common issue is now fixed in client v0.1.1.1 available on SpacePort

I was having the same issue today. I think I was running 0.1.1, though. I guess I'll try again tomorrow with the new client (or maybe I'll just wait for 0.1.1.1.1 to come out ;) )

Also, while I understand that you are just getting this thing started, and in the "just make it work" phase, I would like to make a feature request for down the line. I'd love to see a setting to turn off timewarp entirely, so that it would be possible to run a completely real-time server.

Oh, and fantastic work, by the way. This is truly amazing, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Hiya. I've been having fun derping about with some public servers, but I couldn't really get anywhere meaningful. I could barely get to LKO without losing connection, regardless of server. My Internet isn't the best (decade old DSL on rotting phone lines...). There's probably packet loss, but it never died completely. Also the serverside persistence didn't seem to work for my ships, when I switched from one to another it eats the first ship. This might have to do with aforementioned connection problems. It's still looking really good for a pre-alpha, though, despite the lack of robustness in the netcode. Perhaps implement some interpolation, if it's not there already? Anyway, keep on doing what you're doing!

Ip: 189.123.199.12

Port: 2076

Make sure you have no mods and the latest client

If it gets too full ill check how many extra slots i can open

nevermind, it was ok but when i left 40km space my ship would warp and head kerbin at unswoopable speed

tried to fix, messed up more

it seems that if people have different saves on their KMP save that messes up

or something like that, idk

waiting for the mod to get stable enough then i host again

Edited by tetryds

The mod works fine, I have played on 3 servers so far but now all of them are offline, anyone feeling like hosting a server? Or does anyone already have a server since I would like to race someone to the moon or something like that.0

I second ThatBum, and I'm having a new slew of problems. Now I can see others' ships more often, but:

My connection often drops before reaching orbit. This seems to be connected to a problem wherein other players' names will constantly flicker in and out of the name list, until disappearing almost entirely â€â€*they get deleted from the list, to seemingly reappear once in a while, until finally nothing.

Then, on kerbalspaceprogram.ch, I experienced a consistent problem wherein I could not escape KSC's 40km sphere. Every time I passed the barrier, my ship immediately began to move extremely fast, and shut off the engines. It seemed to be timewarping, because of the engine shutdowns, and because it followed a path that quickly sent it slamming back into the ground. A fellow user pointed out that this might be because I had not seen the "UDP connection established" message. I don't remember if this was the case, but I don't remember if it wasn't, either.

I second ThatBum, and I'm having a new slew of problems. Now I can see others' ships more often, but:

My connection often drops before reaching orbit. This seems to be connected to a problem wherein other players' names will constantly flicker in and out of the name list, until disappearing almost entirely â€â€*they get deleted from the list, to seemingly reappear once in a while, until finally nothing.

Then, on kerbalspaceprogram.ch, I experienced a consistent problem wherein I could not escape KSC's 40km sphere. Every time I passed the barrier, my ship immediately began to move extremely fast, and shut off the engines. It seemed to be timewarping, because of the engine shutdowns, and because it followed a path that quickly sent it slamming back into the ground. A fellow user pointed out that this might be because I had not seen the "UDP connection established" message. I don't remember if this was the case, but I don't remember if it wasn't, either.

I've been getting this one a lot today now, on that same server as well as others too.

Edited by FenrirWolf

Any info yet on whether or not you have to use Hamachi or another VPN service to play with friends with your desktop acting as host instead of a dedicated server? I've got it set up and running fine locally (connecting to localhost) but my friends cannot connect to me, I cannot connect to it by my own public IP, and everything is set to allowed in my firewall settings. I even set up port forwarding on my router towards my LAN ip address for the port I'm using.

What the heck am I missing here? I asked about 20 pages ago and there was no answer so I figured now that it's been a couple days, other people might have run into this and found a solution.

Any info yet on whether or not you have to use Hamachi or another VPN service to play with friends with your desktop acting as host instead of a dedicated server?

Port forwarding should be good enough. Hamachi is an unnecessarily complicated and slow method of doing effectively the same thing.

Be sure you've forwarded both TCP and UDP, and use this to test if the ports are open (have the server running first).

Port forwarding should be good enough. Hamachi is an unnecessarily complicated and slow method of doing effectively the same thing.

Be sure you've forwarded both TCP and UDP, and use this to test if the ports are open (have the server running first).

Hmmm, Hamachi is not just port forwarding, it's VPN so only authenticated clients get to play in the network it has created (or attack your machine). Just saying like in case some folk out there are not familiar with it and begin to have false ideas based on incorrect information.

Impressive. Most impressive.

Unfortunately due to some kind of error or server crash, it is now being displayed before it was build.

So that the KVANT-1 module isn't docked to it and has disappeared, but no worries i still have the craft file.

Edited by MK3424

Reporting the same problem with the 40k bubble, also sometimes when i go to the Orbitmap my game speeds up, that for OTHER clients as well and we all crash. It's like warp speed is forced really fast. The Server is broken in its current state.

Edited by Lancezh

[14:06:10] [info] : Vessel update error: SQL logic error or missing database

5 values for 4 columns at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

does someone know how to fix this problem?

yes i just updated mono and kmp server

before it worked

Which version of the server you have? this has fixed on lasted as far i know. Try downloading again from spaceport. The last 0.1.1.1 it's named uploads-2013-10-KMP_Server7.zip, note the Server7 thing.

You're welcome :)

Hey agises I'm having problems trying to stay connected to your server. It works fine up until the point where I try to launch a rocket and gain a decent amount of altitude; it simply says "Lost connection to server" or something like that. Is this a problem with me or do you think it's a client bug? Thanks in advance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.