KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Getting fairly heavy kraken/lag attacks. I was playing on Zone-51 for a while last night, and each time I attempted to land an aircraft I would be intermittently shoved down about a hundred meters, with tens of m/s added to my velocity. The attempt would finally end in being smashed into Kerbin. It didn't usually produce the effect where my camera shoots through Kerbin's center and out its other side into interplanetary space after the crash, but it was accompanied by a fair bit of bubble Kraken that did so.

I also encountered a problem where, after experiencing lag (don't know if connection or processor) for a while on multiple attempted liftoffs, I launched one more time and was promptly hurled back into the ground before I had passed 2km from the launchpad.

I would like to request an optional graph window of some sort in a future release that charts our network and performance lag... a curve showing frames skipped, perhaps, with a curve above it charting ping times to the server.

Getting fairly heavy kraken/lag attacks. I was playing on Zone-51 for a while last night, and each time I attempted to land an aircraft I would be intermittently shoved down about a hundred meters, with tens of m/s added to my velocity. The attempt would finally end in being smashed into Kerbin. It didn't usually produce the effect where my camera shoots through Kerbin's center and out its other side into interplanetary space after the crash, but it was accompanied by a fair bit of bubble Kraken that did so.

I also encountered a problem where, after experiencing lag (don't know if connection or processor) for a while on multiple attempted liftoffs, I launched one more time and was promptly hurled back into the ground before I had passed 2km from the launchpad.

I would like to request an optional graph window of some sort in a future release that charts our network and performance lag... a curve showing frames skipped, perhaps, with a curve above it charting ping times to the server.

Get a videocapture program and try to capture it on video. Then upload it to a dropbox account and share it on the github.

Thanks.

-- Yves

At least you can see other players... Just downloaded and started a server with all the correct settings, me and my friend connect and sync, but we cannot see one another even tried launching from different pads to meet up like on the runway... Am stumped in whats going on..

oh almost every page contains that 'issue'

This is covered in the README, but there's a "safety bubble" about 40km in radius around the KSC where ships aren't added to the shared universe, so multiple people can launch simultaneously without issue.

At least you can see other players... Just downloaded and started a server with all the correct settings, me and my friend connect and sync, but we cannot see one another even tried launching from different pads to meet up like on the runway... Am stumped in whats going on..

But that is because of the "safety bubble" feature.. I dont know the exact size, but you have to meet up quite a distance from the space center to be able to interact with other players.

I had this exact problem until I figured out what the issue was, may not be the same as me however. I run KSP using steam, which hadn't actually updated KSP to the latest version (.22) and instead had it running version .21. If you are having this problem I strongly recommend you load up KSP and ensure it says your version is .22, and don't just take Steam's word for it that its up to date.

Yup steam version says its " v0.22.0.351 on PC-A also on my other pc (PC-B)

Also something strange; On one of my PCs i have the KMP mod in, some or all of the letters are gone!!??? I cant see where start menu is or its in brail, and the client gui is missing nearlt all of its words... PLEASE ADVISE! thanx :)

More Info: So on one of my PC (PC-B) i can connect to lots of servers, meanwhile, on the other (PC-A) i cant, though there is one server my PC-A can connect to but PC-B Cant???? what is the meaning of this?

Edited by Jungfaha

Would anyone be able to tell me if Mechjeb is compatible I've been hosting a server for me and some friends, and we were wanting to start modding the server, so I've added the mechjeb part names to the KSPMPblahPartlist.text file and distributed it amongst my friends. However on launching a ship with a mechjeb part attached were all still getting the "ship has prohibited parts sorry". Ive tried the part name within the part.cfg file and the part name on the folder but to no avail. If anyone could provide a solution or give me a hand it would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

oh almost every page contains that 'issue'

Just a suggestion, but i think the OP should put this "tidbit" of information in the main post (probably close to the top, too) to stop people incessantly complaining about it.

Just a suggestion, but i think the OP should put this "tidbit" of information in the main post (probably close to the top, too) to stop people incessantly complaining about it.

Vessels within 40km of the KSC will not be added to the universe due to the "safety bubble" that prevents launch collisions.

Gave this an enthusiastic try with a friend. We each launched ships...

A follow-up: Afterward, I set my debris limit to match my friend's (250) and didn't have any further disappearing ships like that (although this is not conclusively related).

There were some other glitches, though: docking and undocking while out of sync seems to have triggered flight duplication. We ended up with 2 space station cores (one bare, one with a pod newly docked, and orbits far out of phase), and 3 RCS tugs (one attached to one station core, one free in space, and one docked to a ship being rescued).

Furthermore, we tried to fly some planes together; but even after flying more than 40km away from KSC (where the flight status changed from "prelaunch" to "flying at Kerbin"), these ships still did not appear to the other player in the tracking station or in the game world, and vanished from the initiating player's tracking station upon disconnecting and reconnecting. Yes, they were landed and parked.

One last note: I would love to be able to spectate another player's ship they are flying. That's about the only feature I think is missing, for that hey-look-at-what-I'm-doing, playing-with-friends co-op experience. :)

Edited by Clouds
oops

Ok found some odd bugs...

Landed next to someone's moon base and hit "Sync"... after loading there were now 2 identical stations! One stuck in the ground, the other bouncing about on top of it.

Other big issue I'm having is if I quit out and come back I can't take control of any of my ships. I'm definitely not setting them to private... only option I have in tracking station is to terminate!

OK, so in earlier versions, I simply could not connect to servers. The game appeared to connect and it claimed to synchronize, but it clearly failed every time. The world was always empty and the time was always at zero. In the new version, I can connect and synchronize properly, but I lose connection without warning after several seconds almost every time. (It does occasionally work for a prolonged period of time, but usually not.) Also, when I lose connection, I stay in the world, but the player list empties and any changes I make are not saved after I leave.

Ok found some odd bugs...

Landed next to someone's moon base and hit "Sync"... after loading there were now 2 identical stations! One stuck in the ground, the other bouncing about on top of it.

Other big issue I'm having is if I quit out and come back I can't take control of any of my ships. I'm definitely not setting them to private... only option I have in tracking station is to terminate!

Double click the ship to take control.

Ok... this mod was working for me but now it doesn't. Old install got so bugged that KSP had a frame rate of 1 fps... even if i switched to single player.

So - fresh install of ksp, fresh install of this mod. I can no longer get it to work.... here is what happens....

1. I log in to a server as usual

2. I get to the usual "map" screen with "Syncing universe".. sometimes there is the player list window, sometimes there isn't - either way there are never any other players, ships debris... nothing, on ANY server.

3. It loads me in to the space center... still no player window (sometimes), still no other players or ships.

4. I try to launch a ship and I get "you have been logged out of the server"

What gives? This mod worked like 45 minutes ago... now I can't get anything no matter how many times I reinstall.

Edited by Mulbin

Ok... this mod was working for me but now it doesn't. Old install got so bugged that KSP had a frame rate of 1 fps... even if i switched to single player.

So - fresh install of ksp, fresh install of this mod. I can no longer get it to work.... here is what happens....

1. I log in to a server as usual

2. I get to the usual "map" screen with "Syncing universe".. sometimes there is the player list window, sometimes there isn't - either way there are never any other players, ships debris... nothing, on ANY server.

3. It loads me in to the space center... still no player window (sometimes), still no other players or ships.

4. I try to launch a ship and I get "you have been logged out of the server"

What gives? This mod worked like 45 minutes ago... now I can't get anything no matter how many times I reinstall.

I had the same issue when I tried it out, but oddly enough it resolved itself.. No idea if it was my line, some odd bug or if the servers just happened to malfunction at same time.

Been trying this out last 2 days with mixed results.

when playing yesterday on previous version , I was able to meet up with a ship in orbit, I was the only one on the server so no lag and no problems.

And i'll admit it felt pretty cool to rendeszvou with another ship that wasn't mine :cool:

Today , new version , I tried several servers , found one that's seems somewhat stable, and launched a station in to orbit.

Launched a smaller spacecraft to go up and meet with it , but when getting close, the speed was completely wrong (1000+ m/s)

at this point the server was also lagging badly (like 8 or so ppl on (10max)).

With some persistence I did get closer , up to 200 meters and then suddenly the station warped away to like half a orbit away.

I did suggest others to go dock at it so it makes me wonder,

what happens when more then one person try's to dock at the same station??

ppl using different timewarps, the thing can't be at both locations.

I was thinking a solution would be something like a priority list, if a ship wants to dock , the person owning it gives permission , or when offline its granted when set to public

once a person gets permission , the warp from the station will be the same as the person that wants to dock with it.

As someothers I noticed when I left the server and came back I could not select the station , but once I got something to orbit I could select the station from 'select as target/switch to'.

Maybe some system is possible to keep the station yours , a code you gotta enter , IP that gets remembered ....

I have no idea to what degree my suggestions are possible, just trowing out ideas and feedback.

Anyhow, great mod , with potential to be truly awesome . thx for time invested and keeping an eye on this thread :cool:

Edited by Skamp_X

Vessels within 40km of the KSC will not be added to the universe due to the "safety bubble" that prevents launch collisions.

No, i know this, what i was saying is that you should probably say that there is the 40K safety bubble in the FAQ's in the main post so people don't have to go trawling through the comments to find out why they can't see each other.

(looking back at my post i can see how you got confused)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.