KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Hi

I need a little bit of help with the server end. I am having trouble setting the IP binding properly to my PC and wireless.

Any way that I could get advice?

You'll almost certainly will be fine using the default value "0.0.0.0"--you only need to bind an IP if you are using a large server with multiple IPs assigned to different purposes.

Edited by TehGimp666

Maybe some kind of docking mode could be added.

A button like the Sync next to the players name.(within 2,25km for example)

When selecting it gives both player names to select from on who is primary controller,

so when docked the controls go to him.

Both agree on same name if not docking mode is cancelled.

More to the reason for this mode would be to have both ships in sync with eachother.

Today again I tried with someone for hours to dock, and once close the numbers just dint look alike to eachother,

he was 80m and closing , I could see him at 230m and drifting away.

In the end he docked and I couldn't see it, and then it kicked me to VAB.(assuming its because once docked the computer sees it as 1 ship)

Just somehow keep the sync right between 2 vessels docking.

Good evening everyone. First of all, I wish to tell the developer that this is an amazing mod. Just the idea of it is incredible and it's even more so that it worked. Unfortunately I am writing this to tell you of a problem I've encountered.

I am trying to build a small resupply station around Kerbin where my friends can dock up and refuel before heading out into the universe. And as I was about to dock the second piece onto it, I was unable to undock the RCS tug I keep on it. I have a kerbal in the tug itself and I press the undock button on the dockingport that is on the station side of the thing. But after I press it, nothing happens. The tug doesn't detach and the undock button disappears. I tried figuring out what is causing this to happen but the log system makes no sense to me. Debug mode doesn't change anything but adding each time my status changes.

I have installed the Kethane mod and allowed its parts. It may be due to that since I don't know how KMP would save the Kethane deposits and such. I fortunately did make a backup just before installing the Kethane mod so I can try reverting.

Another problem I also found was that sometimes when I enter the Tracking Station, I see ships that I've deleted already. Like it reverted back. But when I try to switch to them, it forces a resync with the server. This may also be related to Kethane. I suppose that if that is the case, then mods that add more than just parts, things that actually save to the "world space" won't function properly yet.

Enough of my rambling though! Awesome mod! Really excited to see where this is heading.

Good evening everyone. First of all, I wish to tell the developer that this is an amazing mod. Just the idea of it is incredible and it's even more so that it worked. Unfortunately I am writing this to tell you of a problem I've encountered.

I am trying to build a small resupply station around Kerbin where my friends can dock up and refuel before heading out into the universe. And as I was about to dock the second piece onto it, I was unable to undock the RCS tug I keep on it. I have a kerbal in the tug itself and I press the undock button on the dockingport that is on the station side of the thing. But after I press it, nothing happens. The tug doesn't detach and the undock button disappears. I tried figuring out what is causing this to happen but the log system makes no sense to me. Debug mode doesn't change anything but adding each time my status changes.

I have installed the Kethane mod and allowed its parts. It may be due to that since I don't know how KMP would save the Kethane deposits and such. I fortunately did make a backup just before installing the Kethane mod so I can try reverting.

Another problem I also found was that sometimes when I enter the Tracking Station, I see ships that I've deleted already. Like it reverted back. But when I try to switch to them, it forces a resync with the server. This may also be related to Kethane. I suppose that if that is the case, then mods that add more than just parts, things that actually save to the "world space" won't function properly yet.

Enough of my rambling though! Awesome mod! Really excited to see where this is heading.

This happens to me with no mods installed. Dock 2 things together in orbit. Go to space center or disconnect, come back, go back to the station and you can no longer un-dock. It happens every time.

>>This happens to me with no mods installed. Dock 2 things together in orbit. Go to space center or disconnect, come back, go back to the station and you can no longer un-dock. It happens every time.

Next update fixes this.

:D thats awesome news, been trying to get the media group in servers however we have been having an issue or 2... if anyone wants to help me test your welcome to my hamachi server :D

name: KSP4LIFE

pass: abcdef

IP: 25.164.134.253

i'll be on for a while watching the console so feel free to pop in :D

EDIT: testing has been going well, managed to connect to multiple servers and have multiple connections to a server, problem is I cant seem to sync up clients (sync button is greyed out) is this normal?

Edited by Pleborian

I have a question.

While Im playing with my friend , he keeps disappearing back and forth from the player list even we tried to sync. Also, I've tried to look for him from the launch site on earth but we dont seem to see each other at all. We've played 3 hours so far but havent had a chance to see each others yet . I really want to see him and give him a High-five :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.