KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Tried to dock to a station yesterday, there were two bugs going on: my craft duplicated somehow (before docking), and as i approach the station it jumped away from me a few times for about hundred meters each time :/

To all Linux 64-bit users:

The screenshot viewer seems to crash because of the "libpng" bug. That can be fixed by patching the executable (cd into the folder first):

cp KSP.x86\_64 KSP.x86\_64.bak && echo "7cebc7: 00" | xxd -r - KSP.x86\_64 && echo "7cebcc: 00" | xxd -r - KSP.x86\_64

This fix still works, because KSP.x86_64 is exactly the same for version 0.22.

Tried to dock to a station yesterday, there were two bugs going on: my craft duplicated somehow (before docking), and as i approach the station it jumped away from me a few times for about hundred meters each time :/

When I landed to the moon and sync with the server, my deployed rover duplicated as well.

It seems like everything that is not attached to your craft will duplicate when you sync.

At least you are able to get close enough to your space station!!! I was trying to intercept my friend's space station last night. However, I get soo lag when Im 2km away from it :(

I keep getting disconnected because I am "running too slowly" compared to other players. What does this mean? My framerate? My connection speed? My MET clock is running too slowly?

Yeah. Had the same issue. Just create another save, jump into it and put something small on the launch pad. Then do physwarp. Then go back to the main menu and you should be fine when playing around on the server.

Unfortunetally you'll have to do that everytime you launch KSP.

Edited by Veeltch

When I landed to the moon and sync with the server, my deployed rover duplicated as well.

It seems like everything that is not attached to your craft will duplicate when you sync.

:(

Same thing happened to me whn I landed near someones moon base and synced, suddenly a duplicate base was crashed on top of the first... destroying both.

Yeah. Had the same issue. Just create another save, jump into it and put something small on the launch pad. Then do physwarp. Then go back to the main menu and you should be fine when playing around on the server.

So... I can only play on a multiplayer server as long as I don't actually want to play any multiplayer? May as well play offline if I can't sync with people! - to clarify this bug happens even in the VAB / Space center so small ships wont make any difference.

It's moot now anyway as I can't stay on any server at all for more than 5 minutes now without "Disconnected from Server" popping up. Strange as I could use multiplayer fine a few days ago, now I cant use the mod at all.

24/7 Server up:

europeinruins.com

Port 2076

Web Status:

http://europeinruins.com:8088/

Bare bones atm, default settings for testing.

Once tested, we will introduce some core mods, and reset the world.

ATM, its a no rules server, but that will change after testing.

Testing with a lot of mods for compatibility:

Full list and KMPPartList.txt here

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=27508

So... I can only play on a multiplayer server as long as I don't actually want to play any multiplayer? May as well play offline if I can't sync with people! - to clarify this bug happens even in the VAB / Space center so small ships wont make any difference.

I don't understand your point. Create another save - not delete KMP one. It will connect you as long as you have KMP save. I did what I described, because I had the same bug as you have. You may also want to turn your graphics settings down a bit, turn off terrain scatter, disable debris etc. It's something about the game that when you do phys warp then lagsbane kinda speeds it up.

I don't understand your point. Create another save - not delete KMP one. It will connect you as long as you have KMP save. I did what I described, because I had the same bug as you have. You may also want to turn your graphics settings down a bit, turn off terrain scatter, disable debris etc. It's something about the game that when you do phys warp then lagsbane kinda speeds it up.

The entire point of this mod is that you can interact with other players in real time - EVA together, dock with each other etc.... you can't do any of that if I'm not synced with the other player. You solution prevents getting kicked... but it also prevents me from interacting with other players. It basically means I'm just playing single player with an added chat room. I want to interact with other people, not just see them on the map.

Thanks for the idea though, but its not what I'm after, I want multiplayer.

The entire point of this mod is that you can interact with other players in real time - EVA together, dock with each other etc.... you can't do any of that if I'm not synced with the other player. You solution prevents getting kicked... but it also prevents me from interacting with other players. It basically means I'm just playing single player with an added chat room. I want to interact with other people, not just see them on the map.

Thanks for the idea though, but its not what I'm after, I want multiplayer.

How does his solution prevent you from interacting with players? It's just a small procedure you have to do, then you go back and join the server and continue as usual. Unless I am mistaken..

How does his solution prevent you from interacting with players? It's just a small procedure you have to do, then you go back and join the server and continue as usual. Unless I am mistaken..

You need to be in the same "timezone" as the other player. Otherwise all you are seeing is their ship in either a past position or a predicted future position. If they, for instance, turn their spacecraft with rcs, or jump a kerbal in the air you will not see it unless you are synced to their time zone.

when I try to use a mod part KMP says that it is prohibited, is there a file I need to tweak or a patch.

now how will is have aircraft carrier wars with my friends :(

You, and the server itself, need to have the part you want to use in the KMPPartList.txt file. There is instructions in the readme file for the server on how it do it. If the server doesn't have it enabled you are out of luck though,

Guys, amazing work, seriously.

Been testing all the versions, I constantly see advances.

Keep it up! Please let us know when you are actually expecting feedback in the main post, so that I can help when it's actually needed :)

I'll be looking at the code the next few days, to see if I can help. Experienced C# developer myself ;)

Wow, awesome work! Been waiting a long time for a multiplayer, I always wondered how time acceleration would affect multiplayer games, but this is a nice work around!

Also, for those who aren't command promt savvy that want to run a server, or just to lazy, it's REALLY easy to make a bat file to start the server.

Make a text file in your KMP server root directory (Where KMPserver.exe is), put this in it,

cd /d "G:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KMP" (Change to your KMP server directory)

start KMPServer.exe

(those are \ not a |)

save it as wordsgohere.bat, then run the bat AS AN ADMINISTRATOR every time you want to start the server. Who needs command prompt!

Edited by Ariac

When I launch the game no KMP menu opens for me. Everything looks like there is no mod (KMP) installed. I do not use any other mods and copied the 2 folders to the game folder. Is there any hotkey to bring up the menu and connect to a server? Hope someone can help me.

This is what KSP has needed from the get go!

Has there been a donation PayPal account set up for this yet?

-BC

Brand New Shiny 24/7 Server up:

kerbalspace.stock.spazer.net

Port 3411

Max Clients: 8

Bare bones stock ATM.

Probably will stay stock and another server will be brought online soon with mods.

This is a no rules server, so have at it!!!!

-BC

Hello, thanks for making such an awesome mod!

I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problems me and my friend were. We decided to download a bunch of mods and for some reason the parts list just doesn't want to work with us. For example we can only load the Kethane drills and the 1.25 M drives (or usually just anything 1.25 M)from the interstellar mod. Is there any idea on how to fix this (we noticed that the parts names would sometimes have their _ replaced with a period but we managed to fix all these but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.