KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

kethane will be always different for different players

I realize this, and it isn't a problem. The problem is that every time I, myself (one player) restart ksp and connect to the server, all of my kethane/mapping data is gone. I have no maps and no scans, and all of the kethane deposits have regenerated (in random locations). It happens even if the server never went down, but it does not happen if I simply disconnect and reconnect, only if I actually close and reopen ksp does it wipe the data.

You do realize that with this, you could set up scheduled flights operated by the computer? All you'd need to do is implement a NPC in a local single player 'server', and use it to initiate flights. From then on, you could use a mechjeb-style navigation system to execute mission parameters. Hence: automatic missions. Uses? Perhaps resupply missions to stations for the sake of realism, restocking the station with crew and fuel (or even TAC life support) periodically so that you can spend time doing fun stuff.

I'm having trouble with mine- the server seems to keep reloading old debris that I've deleted, and when I try to launch, it spawns another copy of my ship inside itself on the pad- causing it to blow up and create more debris that I have to delete (because dekessler isn't working on it.) My friend is having the same issue.

Also, I can't click on any buttons on the main KMP window (clicking on them highlights them, but has no effect) and the sync button, chat button, and the playerlist are nonexistent.

I'm having this same issue at landing strip.. Effectively making plane launch chances to be zero. Anyway to clear runway from this depris? (0 persistent doesn't do the trick)

Is anybody else feeling like going to war? I might try this, and maybe get a friend on board and GO TO WAR! Or maybe not. But someone should make a series of that!

xxLeGoldFishxx is doing a save sharing kerbal war with Baconlovar. KMP isn't quite there yet for in-orbit-rendevous wars, I could kinda see it working on the surface however. You quickly see how big space really is after trying to destroy something.

Would be interesting to see some of the media group trying out KMP, you have to kind of trick it into liking you first though :)

I'm still after some more KMP testers (especially those that get constant drop outs), We run the development build and try to catch bugs before the next version gets released. I live in Australia though, so that might cause timezone issues :P.

PM me for details.

Umm, feeling a little stupid right now ... how do i chat with .1.3.1? The server message says "Press Chat Key "~" to chat, but that symbol is actually a key combination on german keyboards (AltGr+"+"). Pressing that key combination doesnt seem to do anything, keypresses still dont show up in the chat section. Is ist possible to change that key via config-editing or ingame settings? How?

I've read through the last 20 pages and seen this issue come up a few times, but there have been 0 responses.

Hosting a game with just two players, nothing seems to sync correctly.

1) We were both meeting up to dock in orbit. Seems to work until about 6km, then his screen shows him getting closer and mine shows me getting father away. No warps, no sync button for either of us was available.

2) I send something up later on to dock with the station he had docked to. After getting to 20m I exit to switch to the station to remove rotation. Don't see the station in the list. Quit and come back in, station is gone. restart server, station is still gone.

3) Terminating ships never seems to work. They go away but if I leave and come right back to the tracker they are still there.

Any ideas? Seems most people aren't having any problems.

Umm, feeling a little stupid right now ... how do i chat with .1.3.1? The server message says "Press Chat Key "~" to chat, but that symbol is actually a key combination on german keyboards (AltGr+"+"). Pressing that key combination doesnt seem to do anything, keypresses still dont show up in the chat section. Is ist possible to change that key via config-editing or ingame settings? How?

I'm on a Swedish keyboard but for me it is Ö, the one to the right of L.

the key above "TAB"

probably '

Learning something new every day: That > ` < key is a dead key on german keyboard layouts. That means pressing the button does not immediately output that character, but instead puts the keyboard into a "wait mode" where it waits for another input character. This is used to produce for example french special characters: pressing `and e produces nothing on the first input, and è on the press of the e key. If the second key is a space, the output is ` . But that does not get recognized by the KMP keyboard event system, so its impossible to enter chat mode with my keyboard (unless i switch to an english layout which doesnt have dead keys but causes general confusion and lots of spelling errors). Wut...

Please, add an option to configure the chat key!

` is the key above "TAB" and under "ESC" on german keyboards?

strange

google says its the ^ (or º)

try it

keybindings to that key doesnt seem to take count what symbol it has but the key placement

because in my case its not ~, its the key at the place of the ~ on the american keyboard ( ' at PT-BR keyboard)

Learning something new every day: That > ` < key is a dead key on german keyboard layouts. That means pressing the button does not immediately output that character, but instead puts the keyboard into a "wait mode" where it waits for another input character. This is used to produce for example french special characters: pressing `and e produces nothing on the first input, and è on the press of the e key. If the second key is a space, the output is ` . But that does not get recognized by the KMP keyboard event system, so its impossible to enter chat mode with my keyboard (unless i switch to an english layout which doesnt have dead keys but causes general confusion and lots of spelling errors). Wut...

Please, add an option to configure the chat key!

There is an option to configure the key. Once in game, bring up the KMP window and go to options. There you can assign your own key. I changed mine to * as ~ is my TS PTT button.

` is the key above "TAB" and under "ESC" on german keyboards?

strange

google says its the ^ (or º)

You are right but that key is also a dead key waiting for a second input if using german layout. I tried them all, with no success.

There is an option to configure the key.

Yes! oh man, i must have been blind. Thanks a lot!

We just tried Server and Client yesterday, and at first it seemed to work. Then i brought a first station part into orbit, started with a ship and tried to dock the second station part. Every time i came closer to the station, the was a little loading time and the station jumped away. And although i was the player ahead, the client showed me the option to sync, and every time i synced, the station jumped even further away. So i disconnected and a friend of mine docked at the station, installing another part. When I reconnected (and he disconnected) i could dock at the station, but his part was not attached - and after i while i found out there were TWO stations now, about 600m from each other, one with his part attached, one with mine...... strange...

1) We were both meeting up to dock in orbit. Seems to work until about 6km, then his screen shows him getting closer and mine shows me getting father away. No warps, no sync button for either of us was available.

2) I send something up later on to dock with the station he had docked to. After getting to 20m I exit to switch to the station to remove rotation. Don't see the station in the list. Quit and come back in, station is gone. restart server, station is still gone.

3) Terminating ships never seems to work. They go away but if I leave and come right back to the tracker they are still there.

1) I've experienced this myself (even across a LAN connection) but haven't tested it recently on the git build. Sync should only take you to their time (if they are different). It's also been reported that you can dock onto another player if they stay in their ship and let you dock to them, but they see you like 1 or 2 km away. I believe they get kicked to the tracking station after you dock with them.

2) I had this yesterday, something funny is going on during the switching, I'll report this if I can find a way to reproduce it reliably.

3) I recently found this bug, if you take a vessel outside and back into the bubble and land, They are saved to the server inside the bubble and cannot be deleted, Is this the bug you are getting?

I can't seem to be able to sync with the rest of the server. It displays that I'm synchronizing with the rest of the world when I log in, but it actually does absolutely nothing. It only lets me sync when I'm seemingly piloting a spacecraft, and after it syncs up KMP disconnects me from the server, essentially making this mod useless apart from me being able to talk to others, like a slightly worse version of Kerbal Live Feed(because I can't pause and quickload).

EDIT: That error is gone for now, but now KMP attained this nasty habit of randomly disconnecting from servers! AAARGHHH! It's like it's trying to do anything it can to keep me from playing Kerbal Multi Player and to trap me into Kerbal Single Player!

Edited by Commissioner Tadpole

1) I've experienced this myself (even across a LAN connection) but haven't tested it recently on the git build. Sync should only take you to their time (if they are different). It's also been reported that you can dock onto another player if they stay in their ship and let you dock to them, but they see you like 1 or 2 km away. I believe they get kicked to the tracking station after you dock with them.

I can confirm this behaviour from tests though also not with current dev version. One person executes docking maneuvers and the other awaits the dock. Upon dock, the latter will be kicked back to the tracking station. This by itself is working fine as the end result is a docked ship, but the other person does not see what is happening correctly (as decribed by magnus333 and godarklight) and their actions (eg opening docking ports) are not visible for the person that is docking.

I would love for this to get more attention as it makes such a difference in the actual *multiplayer* experience :). Just my 2c.

I can confirm this behaviour from tests though also not with current dev version. One person executes docking maneuvers and the other awaits the dock. Upon dock, the latter will be kicked back to the tracking station. This by itself is working fine as the end result is a docked ship, but the other person does not see what is happening correctly (as decribed by magnus333 and godarklight) and their actions (eg opening docking ports) are not visible for the person that is docking.

I would love for this to get more attention as it makes such a difference in the actual *multiplayer* experience :). Just my 2c.

Confirmed here too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.