KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Just been testing this with a friend, met up just outside safety bubble, but sync was absolutely horrible, with huge delays, warp jumps, craft "shaking" even when standing still, disappearing, freezing and multiplying, other weird stuff happening etc.

Well I know this is pre-alpha so I am not meaning to complain, but that was not playable and from youtube videos I know this mod seems to work much better for other people. So anone know what might be causing this?

Also even though server is running on my PC, I cannot connect using "localhost" as was instructed by some how-to, but instead have to use IP address too. Is that a clue perhaps?

Personally this has also been the case for me. I generally try testing either with two computers on LAN, or with two separate KSP instances on the same computer connecting to the server running on localhost, and it still has all the issues you described. For example (best at 1080p):

It simply is not usable at this time for ground interactions. From what I've seen though I think it tends to be a bit better when you are in orbit.

Regarding the IP, I think if you leave the bound IP address set to 0.0.0.0 you should be able to connect to it via localhost, as well as from your normal IP address from the outside. Specifying an IP is only necessary if you want to run multiple servers on the same machine.

Edited by JohannesMP

ok i am considering getting this mod but i have only one question i hope did not exist in the past 100 and so pages of text and comments but now getting to the question...

if i download this and have other mods installed, i know that servers currently don't use mods that add parts, but the question is do i have to uninstall other mods to do this or can i keep my mods installed but i am unable to use them whenever i am on a server? to paraphrase can i keep the mods already have to use this or not?

sorry about my horrible grammar

@Helix, By default, the client will not let you launch any ships with modded parts (stock ships will still work). However if you change KMPPartList.txt, you will be able to launch mod parts (unfortunately on any server). Ryan's coded a nice server-sided-mod control feature, coming in 0.1.5...

@Ethapus, It might sound a little silly, I've made this mistake before, but did you actually start the server by typing "/start" after running the server program?

Just read this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/12/kerbal-space-program-committed-to-multiplayer-career-and-sandbox-modes/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Apparently KSP is getting official MP because of Sean's work! I never in a million years thought that a mod could inspire devs to alter their plan in such a huge way.

That begs the question though, with official MP coming will work on this project continue, and if so to what degree?

Just read this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/12/kerbal-space-program-committed-to-multiplayer-career-and-sandbox-modes/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Apparently KSP is getting official MP because of Sean's work! I never in a million years thought that a mod could inspire devs to alter their plan in such a huge way.

That begs the question though, with official MP coming will work on this project continue, and if so to what degree?

That certainly is unexpected and fantastic news!

I think it would make sense to continue work on it for the time being, since Squad's implementation will probably take at least another half year to be ready.

In any case, I think all future work done on the mod could only benefit the official implementation.

Yes it is fantastic that squad want to make multiplayer ;-)

But I also like to say thank you very much to the Sean for making multiplayer a reality before squad.

I cant program my self, but I know that making multiplayer is no easy task, and im really amazed that you where even able to do such a thing as a mod this is very rare to see anyone do that ( maybe becoures most game are locked and not mod friendly ).

Well im just really amazed and like to say thank you for spending your free time making a mod becourse you love the game ;-)

We really appriciate it and looking forward seeing the next version where it might become more easy to add mods.

- A little suggestion. If possible it would be nice if the server get one or two mod folders "like the ksp directory" and then when someone connect to the server the client and server will exchange mods so the client always get the mods installed on the server.

@magnus333, We still haven't worked out who that "Sean" guy is :P : https://github.com/TehGimp

@Peder I'm going to look into some type of program for 0.1.5 that connects to a mod server, copys the mods you need for *that* server (you probably will have to have them sitting in a local folder) and then starts KSP. It appears that transferring mods directly from servers is a bad idea for security reasons.

should keep working on the mod inspire changes / style of what would work

i do like the cone function per server changes and seen the specator modes thats awsome

cant wait to see whats next

Edited by jay1_1

Just awesome!

Hey guys, now that most of issues seem to be fixed, can you make a better server GUI?

Something that would allow the host to see what the players are doing like the ingame screen

A spot for log and chat (or maybe separate by tabs) and one for player listing

And a tab to allow changing settings, restarting or starting by clicking

Because not all hosts are activelly playing, and sometimes its hard to know whats going on and fix it

I didn't test the new version yet, only noticed the GUI didn't change so now i can make this suggestion.

@TimMartland You've been ninja'd about 20 times already ;)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55835-KMP-v0-1-4-0-0-22-wip-alpha?p=835683&viewfull=1#post835683

http://www.reddit.com/r/KMP/comments/1stxu8/congrats_sean_youve_made_it_official_multiplayer/

It was also mentioned about every half hour in IRC. They still haven't fixed his name in the article - it's "Shawn" :).

I haven't seen any official announcement from squad, but I didn't really watch kerbalkon.

This casts some doubt for me: https://twitter.com/jo_shadow/status/411508560367853568

@tetryds Atm the server is CLI, someone was making a server GUI, but I'm not sure who or if it ever got released. I didn't find it on spaceport :(

I'm having issues starting a 1.4 server. I've run other servers successfully in the past. Readme instructions were followed, Assembly-CSharp.dll, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll and UnityEngine.dll were all copied in and I've made sure to run as administrator. I updated to the newest .Net version, and restarted. However I still receive the following error, running on Windows 7. I can start a 1.3.1 server with no issues.

[15:57:08] [Error] : Error starting http server: System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
at KMPServer.Server.startHttpServer()
[15:57:08] [Error] : Please try running the server as an administrator

@epicphoton The administrator thing is because of HttpListener class, linux doesn't require admin for the server. "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" suggests you are all ready running a server on that port. If you want to run 2, you will need to change the port number.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.