KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

@epicphoton The administrator thing is because of HttpListener class, linux doesn't require admin for the server. "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" suggests you are all ready running a server on that port. If you want to run 2, you will need to change the port number.

Hmm. Changing the port number worked even though I was definitely not running anything else on that port. Is there any way to check what might have been using it?

Just awesome!

Hey guys, now that most of issues seem to be fixed, can you make a better server GUI?

Yep, something we're working on.

Something that would allow the host to see what the players are doing like the ingame screen

Hmm. Like the main window that shows "X - In flight. Y - Ascending from Kerbin. Z - Building "" at VAB"? I could see that being integrated.

A spot for log and chat (or maybe separate by tabs) and one for player listing

And a tab to allow changing settings, restarting or starting by clicking

Noted.

I'll check to see where we're at on a GUI wrapper and maybe see where we can modify things.

Ran the server for 8 hours straight yesterday, NOT A SINGLE CRASH NOR SYNC BUG.

Congratz, this build is incredibly stable.

@Wetmelon:

Yes, exactly: "X - In flight. Y - Ascending from Kerbin. Z - Building ".

Which would be the player listing already.

When i ran minecraft bukkit servers, the chat mixed with log output was very annoying.

Separating them, and automatically adding a / to the log view mode (or tab/spot/whatever you find convenient) can be helpfull if "click for command" isn't implemented.

Thanks for noting, glad you like the suggestion.

Edited by tetryds

HOLA HOLA HOLA! Everyone got pissed at my on the forums when I asked whether we would ever see KSP multiplayer. They kept saying that it was impossible and it would never happen. People got pissed and said I shouldn't ask a question like that. Now its ACTUALLY HERE! DAMN! Thank you guys so much this is amazing!

@Psycix: That's what 0.1.4.1 is going to target, It should be a fairly fast update. In theory 0.22 and 0.23 clients will be able to connect to the same server as protocol changes aren't needed, depends on how gimp goes about things.

@GodsPrototype: KMP has been available since late October but this is the first build that seems stable enough for me to use. There's still krakens to experience, the most notable for me would be the "marked as occupied when it shouldn't be" bug. We thought we fixed that :-/

@BraciaB: A hidden SyncPlate probably makes more sense, I actually had to google that :P

@Tery215: Voting can most likely be abused, Cleaning up the server atm is an admin job, autoDekessler is important, and I'm going to see if I can add name matching to the /deleteship command (It only takes a ship GUID)

@BraciaB: A hidden SyncPlate probably makes more sense, I actually had to google that

I like the idea about a hidden sync plate, so that people by accident do not delete it..

Im not aware if the auto clean up by the server skip the sync plate.

The sync plate is actually a client side thing, it's copied from start.sfs, feel free to delete it all you like :)

Gimp, If you rename it to "Russel's Teapot", you also have to make it look like a teapot. I'd like to summon whackjob because I love his builds but the whole KMP part limit thing would seem unfair to him and most likely make sync times horrible :(

I'm getting a bug in the VAB that appears to be related to KMP, which is kind of weird because it's affecting my single-player saves and I haven't even tried out a multiplayer server since the update. I had other mods when I first ran into the issue, but after removing them all and trying them one-by-one KSP has shown itself to be the culprit.

Anyway, the bug itself is that when constructing rockets in the VAB, removing a part from a ship and depositing it back in the parts list makes it so you can't click on anything anymore. Can't select new parts, can't save/load your ships, can't even click the exit button, requiring you to end the system process to quit the game.

Edit: Doing further testing to see if it's .23 related or perhaps a conflict with another mod...

Edit 2: Yup, it seems to act the same way whether KMP is the only mod or if others are present.

Edited by FenrirWolf

I'm getting a bug in the VAB that appears to be related to KMP, which is kind of weird because it's affecting my single-player saves and I haven't even tried out a multiplayer server since the update. I had other mods when I first ran into the issue, but after removing them all and trying them one-by-one KSP has shown itself to be the culprit.

Anyway, the bug itself is that when constructing rockets in the VAB, removing a part from a ship and depositing it back in the parts list makes it so you can't click on anything anymore. Can't select new parts, can't save/load your ships, can't even click the exit button, requiring you to end the system process to quit the game.

Edit: Doing further testing to see if it's .23 related or perhaps a conflict with another mod...

Edit 2: Yup, it seems to act the same way whether KMP is the only mod or if others are present.

Having a similar problem, only have KMP, upgraded both KSP and KMP and now everythings broke.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.