KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

I'm getting a bug in the VAB that appears to be related to KMP, which is kind of weird because it's affecting my single-player saves and I haven't even tried out a multiplayer server since the update. I had other mods when I first ran into the issue, but after removing them all and trying them one-by-one KSP has shown itself to be the culprit.

Anyway, the bug itself is that when constructing rockets in the VAB, removing a part from a ship and depositing it back in the parts list makes it so you can't click on anything anymore. Can't select new parts, can't save/load your ships, can't even click the exit button, requiring you to end the system process to quit the game.

Edit: Doing further testing to see if it's .23 related or perhaps a conflict with another mod...

Edit 2: Yup, it seems to act the same way whether KMP is the only mod or if others are present.

We're tracking this bug here--any info you can add would be quite welcome =)

I'm getting a bug in the VAB that appears to be related to KMP, which is kind of weird because it's affecting my single-player saves and I haven't even tried out a multiplayer server since the update. I had other mods when I first ran into the issue, but after removing them all and trying them one-by-one KSP has shown itself to be the culprit.

Anyway, the bug itself is that when constructing rockets in the VAB, removing a part from a ship and depositing it back in the parts list makes it so you can't click on anything anymore. Can't select new parts, can't save/load your ships, can't even click the exit button, requiring you to end the system process to quit the game.

Edit: Doing further testing to see if it's .23 related or perhaps a conflict with another mod...

Edit 2: Yup, it seems to act the same way whether KMP is the only mod or if others are present.

This bug is now corrected in v0.1.4.2 available on SpacePort

Before /start'ing server, just use /admin [add|del] [user] to update admin list

:facepalm

Yeah, it was me being blind and stupid.

Thanks a lot :)

When i click crew hatches the kerbonault tab will disapear and i cannot EVA any kerbonaults inside the lab processing part.

Had Bob to control the station and went there to check if there was any iva, before the orbit was stable.

Now he will reentry with it because he cannot quit to control the ship.

Poor Bob :(

Edited by tetryds

Hey guys,

I think I am not the only one who uses an extra shortcut for KMP, so this might be interesting for some of you.

I made a picture for you to use as an Icon for the KMP shortcut, feel free to use or modify it as much as you want.

This is what it looks like compared to the original KSP Icon:

5uke.png

It's not much, but I thought it would be a cool idea.

It's available from 16x16pixels up to 256x256p

Download:

http://www./download/hwlupcsjoyauv35/kmp.ico

Hey guys,

I think I am not the only one who uses an extra shortcut for KMP, so this might be interesting for some of you.

I made a picture for you to use as an Icon for the KMP shortcut, feel free to use or modify it as much as you want.

Thank you for sharing, i think it look really cool..

3 kerbals = MP

1 Kerbal = single player

I like it ;-)

Hey guys,

This is what it looks like compared to the original KSP Icon:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3088/5uke.png

It's not much, but I thought it would be a cool idea.

It's available from 16x16pixels up to 256x256p

Download:

http://www./download/hwlupcsjoyauv35/kmp.ico

Using it, just awesome

Guys, halp. Tried logging into my friend's server and I got the following error message: "Vessel SyncPlate was not loaded because it had the following parts missing: structuralPanel1."

Tried fresh installs, google did not help me.

It's possible that I'm just exceptionally thick or something, but if someone could just, like... clarify this for me, maybe? That would be pretty awesome.

How does deleting vessels work?

Because they often show up again after being deleted or recovered.

Admins have the power to delete any vessel ingame?

What's the best way to know if a vessel was really wiped off from the game without restarting the server?

So we tried 1.4.2 with 0.23KSP vanilla. Started server just with /start. Now it showd the other guy ship and even synced I think, the previous version didnt even show the other ship. When we got close I EVA-d out and my kerbal got teleported 5km away. Had to switch back to ship through Tracking Station. Then my ship was teleported 60km away with no option to sync.

Thanks for your hard work! But is KMP really playable for anyone in its current state?

Even though this mod is cool, some bugs really show no merci.

Joined a server and suggested a joint jool mission , all agreed ,

build a jool station and at a suggestion i went for a docking in kerbin orbit to refuel it before departing, well try to dock atleast.

when getting close the thing kept changing position and speed.

after 2 hours! I finally given up and went to refuel it myself.

But same problem, whenever I got like 2-3 km close it would warp away a few km

Finally I tried no timewarp when getting close and was able to dock, but after the long chase I ran short of fuel so started the next fuel mission

but just incase I set the station to private.

Fuel mission seemed to go a lot beter this time (with the no timewarp getting close) , but when I got to 800meters,

the station became unselected and I could no longer select it, saying , "this station is set to private"

I coulnt get back to space center either so I ctr-alt-del to get out of game and come back,

only to find to my horrer both station and fuel ship are gone :(

6 hours of gameplay, I din't even get out of kerbin orbit let alone get to jool...

Edited by Skamp_X

@pwnbot9000, sounds like something wasn't installed correctly, check that you have 0.23 installed with 0.1.4.2

@tetryds sounds like a bug to me, I know. deorbiting vessels works however. It may already be on the issue tracker.

@b0s Gimp just commited a fix that may resolve this - workaround for the moment is to not warp while in docking mode.

@Skamp sounds like b0s's bug mixed with a bit of #455. Should be fixed in 0.1.5

Some very nice things are coming for 0.1.5 :)

Because there was no changes in the server at all, so it wasn't updated. 0.1.4.2 (the client) is a bugfix for the VAB bug. It connects to 0.1.4.1 servers.

You could still grab the 0.1.4.2 server from my build server, but there is no point, only the version number changed.

Also keep in mind 0.1.4 is for 0.22 clients, which is incompatible with 0.1.4.1 and 0.1.4.2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.