KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Since I updated to 0.1.1.3 the server trows me an error:

[09:25:08] [Error] : REQUIRED ASSEMBLY: Assembly-CSharp.dll not present in working directory. Please refer to readme.

[09:25:08] [Error] : REQUIRED ASSEMBLY: Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll not present in working directory. Please refer to readme.

[09:25:08] [Error] : REQUIRED ASSEMBLY: UnityEngine.dll not present in working directory. Please refer to readme.

even though I have them added to the server directory. Whats wrong?

Sorry for the repost? But it got flooded without response. Anyone else facing this problem or is aware of a fix?

Read install instructions properly. You need 3 files from KSP-game folder.

I am sorry but I think the quoting did not quoted everything. I have them in my folder. I !updated! which would also imply that my previous server worked. So help is still welcome =]

i need help with this mod i tried it oud with an friend but we could not see us example: he was driving a car on the runway and i launched an car on the runway but we could not se us and we cant push the sync button help please

:(

and in the map view we cant se what the otheron is doing...

Wow this sounds very good! :D

Even with all the buigs, I'm going to try this when I've time. My god this sounds really good.

i need help with this mod i tried it oud with an friend but we could not see us example: he was driving a car on the runway and i launched an car on the runway but we could not se us and we cant push the sync button help please

:(

and in the map view we cant se what the otheron is doing...

This has probably something to do with a question answered on the first page. :wink:

This is covered in the README, but there's a "safety bubble" about 40km in radius around the KSC where ships aren't added to the shared universe, so multiple people can launch simultaneously without issue.

Our server has been just updated to 0.1.1.3!

Please dont try to join with older versions as it might crash the server

For all people unable getting on our server: we saw that bug few times, where something crashed server, and after autorestart people couldnt get in, until i restarted server by hand. Strange, but its alpha.

i hope this is fixed in 0.1.1.3.

Go check the (only, or one of few) trully 24/7 server (in my signature)

If you cant get past handshake after being kicked (or crashed), try restarting KSP

Does not seem to work for me. As soon as i click connect i get disconnected immediatly before it even tries to do handshake. The only server i have been able to connect to so far is the reddit server.

Also does anyone have any idea why i cant see anyone even when connected to a server with people and syncronized?

Reddit server for example worked for a short while and then everyone vanished from both chat and server and reconnecting does not seem to help..

Same thing with area 51 server.. seems like every server is broken for me now... No one shows up under kerbalmp viewer either even though there are 11 users connected according to status page.

Really odd how it says i am connected and that univese synchronization was successfull and yet i cannot communicate or see anyone. The only thing that shows up on my map view is jeb space center..

Edited by boxman

Also does anyone have any idea why i cant see anyone even when connected to a server with people and syncronized?

Reddit server for example worked for a short while and then everyone vanished from both chat and server and reconnecting does not seem to help..

Same thing with area 51 server.. seems like every server is broken for me now... No one shows up under kerbalmp viewer either even though there are 11 users connected according to status page.

Really odd how it says i am connected and that univese synchronization was successfull and yet i cannot communicate or see anyone. The only thing that shows up on my map view is jeb space center..

i have the same issue

i only get it fixed if i delete the persistent file of my KMP save

but i also wipe the server persistent file when i do that so im not really sure if only deleting KMP persistent save fixes it

The newest version works fine for me. Although it didn't save my ship when I went back to KSC screen, but it must be me doing something wrong. But still it looks really solid for a mod everyone said it would be impossible to make.

I put a lot of faith in this mod, TehGimp! And I believe you can solve all the problems and make it even better!

i have the same issue

i only get it fixed if i delete the persistent file of my KMP save

but i also wipe the server persistent file when i do that so im not really sure if only deleting KMP persistent save fixes it

Oddly enough it solved itself on the area 51 server, so i guess it is just one of the current issues/bugs with the mod.

Area 51 seems to be working okay -- it crashes about once an hour but I keep an eye on it.

Version 0.1.1.3 is much more stable than the two previous versions. Although connections tend to drop at random.

Feel free to report anything you see to the KMP Github.

Area 51

ksp.zone-51.org:2076

http://ksp.zone-51.org:88 for the HTTP page

How does KMP determine whether a player is a different player, or has just changed alias?

I assumed that player identification was done by KMPPlayerToken.txt, I was trying to test locking of craft on my server.

However, when I moved KMPPlayerToken.txt out and allowed a new one to be created as well as creating a new alias, a locked craft could still be accessed by my "new" player. The chat colour changed (implying that I was a new player) but I could still access locked craft.

I tried changing the status again, thinking I had accidentally unlocked it by mistake (not very clear which is which on the button), and went back to my original KMPPLayertoken and alias, but I could still access the "locked" craft.

So basically, I can only see it can be one of the following:

KMP is realising I'm still the same player, using a different authentication method (something sever side maybe?)

I actually locked the craft with the "new" account but as my original was the creator it can still access it.

I set it as a Station.. maybe stations are exempt from locking?

Or, locking of craft doesn't work.

Any ideas?

So I tried KMP yesterday, without much success.

I could launch something, but I tended to lose the server connection after leaving the KSC safety bubble and entering an orbit.

I just set the loglevel to debug on my own server and noticed the following:

When inside the KSC bubble, the server works fine, CPU load is around 5%.

When leaving the KSC bubble, the server reports a new vessel, CPU load goes up to about 50%.

Now, the bad stuff happens when I seperate a stage: CPU load goes up to over 100% (dual-core machine) and "Vessel GUID is reported to be destroyed" is spammed to the server's log file. I manually checked the SQLite database, and the vessel is marked as destroyed there. The spam stops, if I disconnect my client (although that might take a while, since the server's overloaded). In the example log below, I disconnected quickly after the spam started, but if I don't disconnect, it won't stop.

The server was running mono 4.0 on Debian, the client is running on Windows 7 x64. Everything on version 0.1.1.3.

[09:22:18] [Info] : wuselfuzz has joined the server using client version 0.1.1.3
[09:22:19] [Activity] : wuselfuzz set to lead subspace 4
[09:22:19] [Activity] : wuselfuzz activity level is now IN_GAME
[09:22:23] [Activity] : Sending all vessels in current subspace for wuselfuzz
[09:22:23] [Activity] : wuselfuzz activity level is now IN_FLIGHT
[09:22:38] [Activity] : wuselfuzz activity level is now IN_GAME
[09:23:08] [Activity] : Sending all vessels in current subspace for wuselfuzz
[09:23:08] [Activity] : wuselfuzz activity level is now IN_FLIGHT
[09:25:11] [Info] : New vessel 628fd71e-cce6-4443-a292-0d626a23cdf5 from wuselfuzz added to universe
[09:25:19] [Info] : New vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 from wuselfuzz added to universe
[09:25:19] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:21] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:22] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:24] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:26] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:28] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:29] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:31] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:33] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:35] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:36] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:38] [Activity] : Vessel 1a0158fb-dd8c-4551-812e-b597f3c13403 reported as destroyed
[09:25:49] [Activity] : wuselfuzz activity level is now INACTIVE
[09:25:55] [Info] : Client #1 wuselfuzz has disconnected: Timeout
[09:25:55] [Info] : Client failed to handshake successfully: InvalidOperationException

Please ADD SUGGESTION thread for the mod!

Mod also need to show:

1. Current distance to the end of savety buble!

2. Icon on the ship or EVA in space which player is controlling. So we can see where the real player is to meet him!

3. Button F7 to dissapear and appear mod main menu.

4. Version of the server in server list. And presence of non stock mods. (Letter [M] after them, modded server or not)

5. Variable distance to the loaded vehicles to the client from server. (Load if less 10km, or 20km, it meens to choose when showing triangle or full ship).

6. Ability show in list of chat players - current players in-game time (when in future or past, or synced to you).

7. Lock player clicking while beign synchronized not allowing to break process of syncing.

Edited by dimmy

Still no solution found to my problem when I updated my server to 0.1.1.3. It gives me the error:

[09:58:33] [Error] : REQUIRED ASSEMBLY: Assembly-CSharp.dll not present in working directory. Please refer to readme.

[09:58:33] [Error] : REQUIRED ASSEMBLY: Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll not present in working directory. Please refer to readme.

[09:58:33] [Error] : REQUIRED ASSEMBLY: UnityEngine.dll not present in working directory. Please refer to readme.

And yes I have them in my folder. I am running OSX and I tried a lot already. The problem did not occurred when running 0.1.1.1, it is really frustrating as I don't know why it happens. Is there a place where I can address this as a bug or something?

Still no solution found to my problem when I updated my server to 0.1.1.3. It gives me the error:

[09:58:33] [Error] : REQUIRED ASSEMBLY: Assembly-CSharp.dll not present in working directory. Please refer to readme.

[09:58:33] [Error] : REQUIRED ASSEMBLY: Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll not present in working directory. Please refer to readme.

[09:58:33] [Error] : REQUIRED ASSEMBLY: UnityEngine.dll not present in working directory. Please refer to readme.

And yes I have them in my folder. I am running OSX and I tried a lot already. The problem did not occurred when running 0.1.1.1, it is really frustrating as I don't know why it happens. Is there a place where I can address this as a bug or something?

>>UnityEngine.dll not present in working directory

put them near plugin.dll and near ksp.exe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.