KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

I think that the default persistence file for KMP should have two ships that are very close together in orbit (launched together, undocked in orbit). That will allow more players to actually get the multiplayer feel.

I, myself have never seen another player ingame despite being pretty close to them.

Gave this an enthusiastic try with a friend. We each launched ships (Jeb was standing around on the runway) and all seemed to be going well until it came to be that we both saw all flights with an asterisk by their names and could not fly them as they were "private or occupied" (neither being true.)

After trying a few times to disconnect/reconnect, we restarted the server and subsequently found only Jeb in the tracking station. That feeling of being unsure if anything would even stay in the universe was rather deflating...

Dunno if relevant, my debris setting is 0 and my friend's (who was hosting, also) was set to 250.

Any thoughts? I zipped up the KSP.log from that session if there's some use for it.

Hello :)

Well i have to say there are over 50pple here looking for a solution about the "Connecting to server! Handshakeing..." and getting stuck there. (check posts #331, 456, 458, 485, 492, 493, 517, and some what of a solution though not really at #537, yet many more people are having this problem, still at this very moment!!.) I went to the github and, well, it is now closed....

Please Advise! this is a very annoying and waistfull issue. Let us find the solution, and i will even make a new thread if necesary to announce the solution or continued the conquest to find the solution!

Honestly i am so disgusted with over 8hrs of time working on this...

Dude, Sorry to hear that. I was about to direct you to #537, but if that didnt help you too, ..

Well You better get to close contact with TehGimp666 and spend an hour on testing it and finding solution.

Edit:

On my server there was 39 ships in orbit, which heavily lowered FPS in space center and tracking station. Thus I am creating new save for 0.1.2;)

If anyone is interested in current save from 0.1.1.3 (with 39 vessels launched) :

KMP_universe.db (70.5 MB)

https://mega.co.nz/#!CVsjxY7b!EEy5ZEuJ0IkrpkKwvd6v_kC2z3AkzP8TOCuUBfgb3h8

Edited by Luxmaster-CZ

I'm getting an issue when the server crashes when set to an IP address that isn't a local one (eg 192.168.0.8).

59jb6.png

Did you enabled portforwarding on your router?

And also try to run the server with administrator rights.

Hello :)

Well i have to say there are over 50pple here looking for a solution about the "Connecting to server! Handshakeing..." and getting stuck there. (check posts #331, 456, 458, 485, 492, 493, 517, and some what of a solution though not really at #537, yet many more people are having this problem, still at this very moment!!.) I went to the github and, well, it is now closed....

Please Advise! this is a very annoying and waistfull issue. Let us find the solution, and i will even make a new thread if necesary to announce the solution or continued the conquest to find the solution!

This is exactly my problem! I even got the problem on 2 Pc's! I even tried it with an other rooter! Nothing worked out!

At a friend of mine it works! And it sounds great!

Though thanks for all that work you put in that mod! I was really waiting for that!

PS: Win8 no mods installed exept KMP!

I'm getting an issue when the server crashes when set to an IP address that isn't a local one (eg 192.168.0.8).

59jb6.png

This can also be caused by skype in some occurances, Or have you got another HTTP server running? Xampp for example.

Would it be possible to manually remove the safety bubble if you really wanted to, I'd love to see that feature! (unless there's a technical limitation)

I'm using MP with 1 of my friends, max 2 at a time, and it would be nice if we could fool around close to KSC and schedule launches between us so the launch crashes wouldn't happen.

Would it be possible to manually remove the safety bubble if you really wanted to, I'd love to see that feature! (unless there's a technical limitation)

I'm using MP with 1 of my friends, max 2 at a time, and it would be nice if we could fool around close to KSC and schedule launches between us so the launch crashes wouldn't happen.

This. Can think of many different reasons why we should be able to adjust the safety bubble. Apart from being able to see stuff on the orbital map, I hardly know I'm playing multiplayer most of the time. Would love to be able to watch other people launch etc.

Hello

I had this exact problem until I figured out what the issue was, may not be the same as me however. I run KSP using steam, which hadn't actually updated KSP to the latest version (.22) and instead had it running version .21. If you are having this problem I strongly recommend you load up KSP and ensure it says your version is .22, and don't just take Steam's word for it that its up to date.

Edited by Ditronian

its more of a ram issue and a problem that ksp uses all cpu not gpu for graphics in some ways. ksp is only 32 bit plus it loads everything into ram at start. so when something thats not loaded is seen game has to pull it straight from textures so has load wich causes lag.

i wondering if the save issues kmp keeps having is cause maybe ksp when it sees another players ship its thinking thats not loaded into memory and tries to load it but since its on other comp not your comp it gets confused.

for me i accdentloy found a way to force the ksp stuff thats loaded into memory to dump but i noticed no extra fps from the extra ram it gave ksp. till they have ksp used gpu more high poly counts gonna cause low fps no matter what u do.

(btw not saying how i got it to dump loaded textures since its not a big performance jump u get from it. plus still have no idea what bugs it will cause forcing ksp to dump its loaded textures/plugins till play more myself)

Yea, please do!:-)

also, when I see other players stuff, my graphic card can go crazy. Dunno why, but when I encounter (myself in a small ship) another small ship, I get like 5 FPS.

Normally in Singleplayer I can dont huge stations together no problem

At least you can see other players... Just downloaded and started a server with all the correct settings, me and my friend connect and sync, but we cannot see one another even tried launching from different pads to meet up like on the runway... Am stumped in whats going on..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.