KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

I have a question.

While Im playing with my friend , he keeps disappearing back and forth from the player list even we tried to sync. Also, I've tried to look for him from the launch site on earth but we dont seem to see each other at all. We've played 3 hours so far but havent had a chance to see each others yet . I really want to see him and give him a High-five :(

Your craft won't be added to the other player's game until you go further away than 40 km from the launch pad. I don't know about the player-list problem, though.

Hey so iv got a little server going for me and my friends and iv added a few mods (KAS Mechjeb and hyperedit) but even when i add the parts to the part list any part from the orbital construction mod is prohibited. Also the same gose for the stock RCS block part. Any help?

Is there anyway to get Mechjeb to work? I've tried editing the KMPPartList.txt file and transferred it to all my other friends, but we are still unable to use Mechjeb. Any help would be great.

EDIT: Never mind I found it.

For those who want to get mechjeb to work. Just add the following to your part list.

mumech.MJ2.AR202

mumech.MJ2.Pod

Edited by Petroph

Is there anyway to get Mechjeb to work? I've tried editing the KMPPartList.txt file and transferred it to all my other friends, but we are still unable to use Mechjeb. Any help would be great.

Welcome to the forums!

Well, first of all, what issues are you having "Can't use Mechjeb" is really generic.

When you add the part, replace "_ "with ".". I.e. "Mechjeb_MJ2_AR202" becomes "Mechjeb.MJ2.AR202".

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerp this is why during test I couldnt seem to get 2 things to appear, i did all my testing around the space center.... after learning this I tested it out and whaddya know, i got 2 planes to move on both screens :D

This mod is fantastic. Wanted a multiplayer for KSP since I first started playing it. One thing I'm wondering though, is there a way to disable the 40k "sphere" around the spaceport? I know problems could arise with simultaneous launches etc. but I'll be playing with friends on skype so that can be avoided. Being able to have races on the runway, and various other shenanigans would be great. Sorry if this has already been asked, I had a look but couldn't find anything about it. Again, I know the reasons for having this feature, but just having a server command or something to disable it would be smashing.

Your craft won't be added to the other player's game until you go further away than 40 km from the launch pad. I don't know about the player-list problem, though.

Here is what Im experiencing, I landed on the moon waiting for my friend to get down here as well. He told that he is already on the moon orbit.However ,I mostly cant see him neither on the map nor the playerlist. Although, I sometimes able to see him for a couple mins,it is just very annoying that he kept disappear and appear back and forth. Not to mention that we were still connected to the server.

Please help if someone knows anything about this :(

Edited by Lymark

I had a tremendous amount of fun tonight in a space-race with a friend. This mod really makes the Sandbox mode exciting and fun. I can't wait for more stable and better synchronized play. In particular, I lost my orbital computer frequently. You may also wish to allow MechJeb functionality out of the box, since so many players need it. I got my seven Kerbal rocket to Minmus just fine, but a lot of newbies on the server were screaming bloody murder over trying to get orbital.

pls do NOT remove the 40km safety bubble,

I put a station in jool orbit but when I arrived with a fuel ship some dude took it over , kicked out the kerbals, and terminated the station,

when checking tracking station , he took over the supply ship and send it crashing in to laythe...

Besides the time lost , 2 other ppl where also onroute to meet up there...

NOW knowing trolls like these also appear in the game, the thought of one sitting next to the Launchpad with some ship launching srb's at anything that appears at the Launchpad.....

pls do NOT remove the 40km safety bubble,

I put a station in jool orbit but when I arrived with a fuel ship some dude took it over , kicked out the kerbals, and terminated the station,

If people are stealing your things, lock your ships! the 40km safety bubble does not change how that works. Also the safety bubble has changed to a cylinder that can be defined by the server owner(or will be with 0.1.3.0)

Keeping in mind that 0.1.2.0 had issues when you dock a few ships then remove the docked craft, the other craft would disappear from the server.

Hi there.

I just tested this mod yesterday with a friend and it is amazing! I did find the 40km safety bubble a bit dissapointing, since we could not fly together at ksc... Maybe you could add that in the config of the server?

What I think is a good idea is that it starts synchronizing when your MET is 10 seconds or so, so that it syncs 10 seconds after taking off.

I'm running a server designed to support mods. To keep everyone on the same page and to speed up installation I'm bundling the mods together into repacks, with the associated KMP part list file included with all of the parts added. I'm also looking at various ways to help integrate different mods into KMP, weather that be a small patch, or in the larger scheme a separate client. The goal of the separate client being to synchronize Kethane / Mapsat / whatever data KMP does not directly handle at the moment. So far the secondary client is in concept stage, but I have patched kOS to clear a game breaking bug, and that's working well. Any modified versions of mods (patched for some reason or another) will have the source posted along with the repack, non altered mods can be downloaded from their respective forum posts and on spaceport. The mod versions will be posted inside the repack as well.

Kerbal Modified Multiplayer

Server: kmmp.servegame.com:2076

Server Info: kmmp.servegame.com:8081

Repacks/General Info: kmmp.servegame.com

Current Version: repack002

Mods as of now:

KMP(v0.1.2)

Deadly Reentry Continued v3

FAR

ISA Mapsat 4 Dev Build 2

Mechjeb2

Kethane 0.8

Lazor System v31

KAS v0.4.4

OrbitalConstruction Redux

Extraplanetary Launchpads v3.3

kOS Scriptable Autopilot v0.9.2 (modified)

Known Issues: Kethane data is stored in the persistence file, in the KMP save directory. It is unclear what happens to this data when switching servers, before switching servers, it's recommended that you back up this persistence file, or risk loosing your scan data. This would be one of the first things any future client would handle behind the scenes until KMP / Kethane / anything else decide to play nice together.

I'm also going to be running a testing server under the same url, different port, for the latest dev-build of KMP, assuming I can keep up. The latest release will always be on 2076. Information on that will be found on the site and in the MOTD.

Any requests to support other mods are welcomed, and the mod list will be changed / added upon very soon. Mods that do not contain parts, (SelectRoot, EnhancedNavball, Fusebox) are generally client independent and are not included in the repack, use at your discretion.

Edited by nevermoto

I've been building and testing the latest version from git, also been in touch with the developers.

Daniel345:

In the next version, the saftey bubble can be changed by setting "safetyBubbleRadius".

There's a new chat thing aswell, But I've probably missed a billion things, much has changed since the v0.1.2.0 version.

You don't have to dock to deorbit other peoples things, pushing up against them should suffice. You can set your vessels as private so other people cannot control them or dock to them, but I'm fairly sure they can still be de-orbited by pushing.

The git builds have proven themselves much more stable for me (and should for you too), Less crashes, less dropouts and less bandwidth usage getting your ship through the bubble. As I have ADSL1, I haven't been able to get big ships through the bubble yet.

Don't quote me on this as I'm not a developer (I've been poking and prodding the devel version to find bugs): The squad answer would be Real Soon , but they are hoping to release tomorrow.

really should be pin to the front.its really nice mod.keep up the good work

I agree with this guy, it was stickied for a while but some mod decided to be silly and unsticky. Darn you, that mod! (I'm kidding, it's your choice :-))

Edited by KvickFlygarn87
Grammar fix'd

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.