[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

5 minutes ago, ibanix said:

Would logs help? 

Try removing kopernicus and reload the game, make sure to create a new game so you don't mess up your save.

If you still get the error it means that kopernicus doesn't cause the bug

Logs might help, but you need to make sure you add screenshots (from ingame, not the main menu screen) and strip down your game to load the minimum of mods required to get the bug

25 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

The 1.1 release has been given a small dev feature: planetary shadows.
Shadows/eclipses may/may not affect craft or buildings yet. 

yay! now eclipses are REAL eclipses!

34 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

The 1.1 release has been given a small dev feature: planetary shadows.
Shadows/eclipses may/may not affect craft or buildings yet. 

How does this work alongside Scatterer's similar features?

I think something went wrong :confused:

Spoiler

u0oe8De.jpg9suKwpV.jpg

Launched it with the latest 1.1 pre-release of EVE and everything is black. Clouds are set to RGBA, dunno if that makes a difference. I tried switching it to AlphaMap but this was still occurring. :huh: 

KSP.log

output_log.txt

Edited by Nhawks17

7 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I think something went wrong :confused:

Hide contents

u0oe8De.jpg9suKwpV.jpg

Launched it with the latest 1.1 pre-release of EVE and everything is black. Clouds are set to RGBA, dunno if that makes a difference. I tried switching it to AlphaMap but this was still occurring. :huh: 

KSP.log

output_log.txt

Hmmm... looks like SVE is causing an issue... There is a Moho city lights config...  But the more important issue is that you don't have the shadows config that is shipped in the new config set. shadows.cfg is what you need.

That being said, I need to make sure that the clouds will work without the config :)

14 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Hmmm... looks like SVE is causing an issue... There is a Moho city lights config...  But the more important issue is that you don't have the shadows config that is shipped in the new config set. shadows.cfg is what you need.

Moho city light configs :huh: I don't remember adding that.... But the shadows.cfg is probably what is doing it :P I'll add that and get back to you

Edit:

Yup, that config did it. Should've glanced at the config zip as well before updating, sorry about that. However, I'm not finding where you're seeing the Moho city lights config?

Edit 2:

Oh goodness, more bugs. Uno momento, posting updates in a sec

Edit 3:

Seems to be something funky going on.... This is only occurring in map view however, everything is fine when you're focused on a vessel.

Spoiler

The scatterer layer seems to be in the wrong place now, as you move the camera around you catch it as it passes over the planet though, it's strange. But then there's Eve where it's just pitch black.

KSP.log

output_log.txt

Edited by Nhawks17

Ok so I tried the latest version:

Everything is fine in the main menu: http://i.imgur.com/jrkLItX.jpg

But in game I get this:

No clouds in map view: http://i.imgur.com/bCqEVaa.jpg

But eclipses work: http://imgur.com/a/Ic8ao

One lone nullref exception in the log:

[EXC 15:40:19.798] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Utils.MaterialPQS.OnSphereActive ()
	PQS.Mod_OnActive ()
	PQS.ActivateSphere ()
	PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform.OnPreUpdate ()
	PQS.Mod_OnPreUpdate ()
	PQS+<UpdateSphere>c__IteratorD.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	PQS:StartSphere(Boolean)
	PQS:ForceStart()
	PSystemSetup:SetPQSActive(PQS)
	FlightDriver:Start()

Everything is stock, scatterer is removed, the only mod used is EVE, running 1.1.0.1196 in dx9. Tried both 64bit and 32bit and starting a fresh save.

I tried to use the AnyCPU-EVE.zip archive (11 hours ago) which contains both plugin and configs and I also tried the AnyCPU-Configs-Release.zip (13 hours ago) and AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip (11 hours ago) archives with no luck.

9 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Ok so I tried the latest version:

Everything is fine in the main menu: http://i.imgur.com/jrkLItX.jpg

But in game I get this:

No clouds in map view: http://i.imgur.com/bCqEVaa.jpg

But eclipses work: http://imgur.com/a/Ic8ao

One lone nullref exception in the log:

[EXC 15:40:19.798] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Utils.MaterialPQS.OnSphereActive ()
	PQS.Mod_OnActive ()
	PQS.ActivateSphere ()
	PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform.OnPreUpdate ()
	PQS.Mod_OnPreUpdate ()
	PQS+<UpdateSphere>c__IteratorD.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	PQS:StartSphere(Boolean)
	PQS:ForceStart()
	PSystemSetup:SetPQSActive(PQS)
	FlightDriver:Start()

Everything is stock, scatterer is removed, the only mod used is EVE, running 1.1.0.1196 in dx9. Tried both 64bit and 32bit and starting a fresh save.

I tried to use the AnyCPU-EVE.zip archive (11 hours ago) which contains both plugin and configs and I also tried the AnyCPU-Configs-Release.zip (13 hours ago) and AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip (11 hours ago) archives with no luck.

Ah, do you not have terrain scatter? Looks like I was forgetting a nullref check. Just uploaded a fix.

Edited by rbray89

32 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Ah, do you not have terrain scatter? Looks like I was forgetting a nullref check. Just uploaded a fix.

I can confirm it's fixed now, thanks a lot!

Btw is it just me or the memory usage of the pre-release has gone through the roof? In 1.0.5 I'd get 2200-2400 mb memory usage in KSC without any mods but in 1.1 I get 2800-3000 mb in KSC without mods.

6 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I can confirm it's fixed now, thanks a lot!

Btw is it just me or the memory usage of the pre-release has gone through the roof? In 1.0.5 I'd get 2200-2400 mb memory usage in KSC without any mods but in 1.1 I get 2800-3000 mb in KSC without mods.

I noticed that too... I can't even get DTL to run in 32 bit mode as I run out of memory when loading/unloading textures.

1 minute ago, rbray89 said:

I noticed that too... I can't even get DTL to run in 32 bit mode as I run out of memory when loading/unloading textures.

Yeah it's a little too much, should we report this to SQUAD so it gets fixed before the 1.1 release?

Also, saw this with the new version:

WHthsnt.jpg

Looks quite... lovecraftian :P

Don't think you should waste much time on it though as it only happens in main menu, which really doesn't matter.

4 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Yeah it's a little too much, should we report this to SQUAD so it gets fixed before the 1.1 release?

Also, saw this with the new version:

WHthsnt.jpg

Looks quite... lovecraftian :P

Don't think you should waste much time on it though as it only happens in main menu, which really doesn't matter.

Dang main-menu always causing me trouble... should never have added support for it, but now that it is there, people always expect it, so if they don't see clouds on main-menu they think it didn't work and don't bother even trying it in game :)

1 hour ago, jlcarneiro said:

@rbray89, what about replacing main menu support with a text like "Eve x.xx succesfully loaded, xxxxMB used"?

Don't get me wrong, folks, I love The clouded kerbin on the main menu, but if everyhing works fine inside...

This, very much this