[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I'm going to agree with everyone else who posted, your latest update is fantastic. The clouds look really good, the transition is smooth and whatever the weirdness was before with them rotating around like wheels with the camera is gone. It all has a very natural feel too it, and I get the impression you cleared out the clouds around the ship too because the billboarding seems far less intrusive now. I don't know if you did a bunch of releases for 8, but this isn't an incremental change, this might as well have been the newest version :)

I don't know if I could live without this mod. I hope its updated soon to work with 23.5, its going to be painful without it. Going back to stock was a real shock, I need my eye-candy lol

it works in 23.5 for me. Even the Volumetric Clouds test 8.

update didnt break many mods and most just required some code changes. only major ones like rt2 that are intergrated to parts of stack game dont work right now

Not only does this module work in 0.23.5, the testing version looks absolutely stunning. It is without a doubt the most immersive mod so far -- in the sense that it a seemingly small change that makes the world come very much more alive.

Official release posted. Volumetrics enabled by default. Shrunk the radius to reduce load. Configurable in EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/settings.cfg

Much easier for moders to create packs. Simply duplicate BoulderCo/Clouds into seperate folder, and modify.

Official release posted. Volumetrics enabled by default. Shrunk the radius to reduce load. Configurable in EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/settings.cfg

Much easier for moders to create packs. Simply duplicate BoulderCo/Clouds into seperate folder, and modify.

Any reason to update if we were on the last experimental? :)

The low-res link doesn't work

Fixed.

More configuration, shader updates. If you don't like your performance, you can get this version and tweak the cloud generation.

where does the user .cfg go now?

changed it so much im lost on where user files go but for the texture files lol

There is no user config anymore. Now there are "pack" configs, where all configNodes named CLOUD_LAYER_PACK are loaded up on start.

Well, for me the new version loads into KSP considerably faster. And the several-second-long hang that I was getting when exiting the Map and returning to Vessel view is gone. Though the config files are different again, so.... ;)

Well, for me the new version loads into KSP considerably faster. And the several-second-long hang that I was getting when exiting the Map and returning to Vessel view is gone. Though the config files are different again, so.... ;)

Oh, I forgot about that. There were performance fixes. So yeah, this version will run a good bit faster.

Should be the last time that the cloud config files Change. At least in a way that would break them before.

Okay, for some reason there appears to be some z-fighting going on when looking at planets with clouds in the map view, and I've really got no idea how to fix this and a number of other visual issues I'm having, most notably weird flickering shadows. My video card is a GTX-760 by the way, since I have a feeling my card/some of the settings in it are to blame for these problems.