[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

rbray: what are your suggestions for using volumetrics with RSS? I know it was discussed a bit in the thread, and I upped the hex size, but now I have just a puff here and there rather than a cloudbank.

I'll have to visit it again and toy around with the shader settings. I think it is a distance-related camera/shader issue.

I also have an 8k version of the one in the game. Looks better but it's 3 meg and a png to boot. Download this, delete GameData\BoulderCo\CityLights\Textures\main.tga, and put this down as main.png in the same directory.

main_8k.png

Anyone (if not 5thHorseman) have an updated cfg to use with this city light map? I'm noticing some Z-fighting that wasn't there with the old cfg file structure

Anyone (if not 5thHorseman) have an updated cfg to use with this city light map? I'm noticing some Z-fighting that wasn't there with the old cfg file structure

I do not. I'm suffering through it as you are, though I'm patiently hopeful that the next update will fix it.

I'll have to visit it again and toy around with the shader settings. I think it is a distance-related camera/shader issue.

Do you create a fixed number of particles for a given hex? Because I think *that's* the issue here. I have other RSS issues of course (for one, the sphere cloudlayer disappears from some angles when in LEO) but the issue I'm talking about is that I upped the hex radius 10x and it looks like it kept the same number of particles, just distributed over a wider area.

Do you create a fixed number of particles for a given hex? Because I think *that's* the issue here. I have other RSS issues of course (for one, the sphere cloudlayer disappears from some angles when in LEO) but the issue I'm talking about is that I upped the hex radius 10x and it looks like it kept the same number of particles, just distributed over a wider area.

You also then have to update the division. That is what divides the hex lengths by that power to create more particles. Set it to 4 or 5 if your system can handle it.

I do not. I'm suffering through it as you are, though I'm patiently hopeful that the next update will fix it.

I'm looking at alternatives that will conform to terrain. A couple different solutions. The one I'm looking at the most seriously would involve new textures for all terrain ;) as it addresses the ugliness of repetition.

7.1 config not loading shader floats or scaled shader floats from config. Responds to changes in settings. Saves changes to config.

Need lines added in Alt-N menu for detail bump map.

@Proot

would it also be possible to change the sunrise/sunset effects?

With the "no more white horizon" the colors in the horizon are a bit more strong and pastel.

Sadly you can't change the sun's flare without an annoying "do it yourself" system... so it's not planned for the moment.

I've done something new here... but the effects are on the mun, not in the sun.

Edited by Proot

Can't remember exactly, but I think it's just LKO. When it happens again, I'll get the output log for you. Thanks :)

Ok, so it happened again. Various info linked below; I'd just completed a rather perfect gravity turn (thanks FAR!) up to 80km, circularized as normal, went into map view to see the inclination (so I could jettison the lifter and have it push me to 0 degrees) and boom, it happened.

I got some images:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

And the output.log you wanted (too big for paste sites, apparently. Wasn't sure which bit would be relevant and didn't want to chop out something you'd need so it's all there. Sorry. But the launch happened at 13.18.23 and at 13.23.49, the view switches to map, then I obviously took the above screenshots. Reloaded at 13.26.05 and that fixed it. I suspect all the 'skipped frames' at the end are from where I alt-tabbed out of KSP to write this).

Let me know if you need anything else :)

I've been lurking in this thread for months now. Wanted to say thanks and great work Rbray and also Astronomer and Proot!

I have a couple of bugs to report also: I play with RSS v.6 (and I know EVE 7-1 does not fully support this yet). Besides from 2D clouds not being visible from within the atmosphere I get this flickering of the clouds which happens when Earth/Kerbin is seen from far away. Is there a solution to this?

And one more: When orbiting earth, when the "map clouds" appear they can only be viewed from above. When I look towards the horizon they dissappear. It's like you can watch the clouds through a narrow cone/field of view which is pointed downwards.

I hope there is a fix to this sometime in the future since this mod adds so much to the game. Thanks again!

7.1 config not loading shader floats or scaled shader floats from config. Responds to changes in settings. Saves changes to config.

Need lines added in Alt-N menu for detail bump map.

We don't have a bump map anymore, as it was ruining the shading between the 2D and 3D layers.

I've been lurking in this thread for months now. Wanted to say thanks and great work Rbray and also Astronomer and Proot!

I have a couple of bugs to report also: I play with RSS v.6 (and I know EVE 7-1 does not fully support this yet). Besides from 2D clouds not being visible from within the atmosphere I get this flickering of the clouds which happens when Earth/Kerbin is seen from far away. Is there a solution to this?

That is a Z-fighting issue. I'm looking into options for this.

And one more: When orbiting earth, when the "map clouds" appear they can only be viewed from above. When I look towards the horizon they dissappear. It's like you can watch the clouds through a narrow cone/field of view which is pointed downwards.

I hope there is a fix to this sometime in the future since this mod adds so much to the game. Thanks again!

Yeah, I have to look into why with RSS it behaves the way it does.

Ok, so it happened again. Various info linked below; I'd just completed a rather perfect gravity turn (thanks FAR!) up to 80km, circularized as normal, went into map view to see the inclination (so I could jettison the lifter and have it push me to 0 degrees) and boom, it happened.

I got some images:

http://imgur.com/a/2AUBV

And the output.log you wanted (too big for paste sites, apparently. Wasn't sure which bit would be relevant and didn't want to chop out something you'd need so it's all there. Sorry. But the launch happened at 13.18.23 and at 13.23.49, the view switches to map, then I obviously took the above screenshots. Reloaded at 13.26.05 and that fixed it. I suspect all the 'skipped frames' at the end are from where I alt-tabbed out of KSP to write this).

Let me know if you need anything else :)

Hmmm... Looks like one of your mods is not playing nicely. The cloud overlays use a similar method to kethane. I don't think the root cause is this mod. I think it may be Distant Objects, but I'm not 100% sure.

That is solved in my incoming pack. No more oversaturated white horizons.

Oh man that change will be such a welcome addition. The pure white horizons have always bugged me and made the sky feel really cartoonish. Thank you so much for putting so much work into this Proot.

Hmmm... Looks like one of your mods is not playing nicely. The cloud overlays use a similar method to kethane. I don't think the root cause is this mod. I think it may be Distant Objects, but I'm not 100% sure.

I suppose I can't fully confirm Distant Objects is not the culprit, but I use both mods and haven't had any issues.

i play with all 3 mods kethane distant objects and this and i never get this problem