[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

On previous page i'm asking why nothing changes if i press '>' :mad: there are 5 *.cfg in clouds folder.

It is possible there is something wrong with the config files. Did you upgrade to the most current of everything? (EVE and Better atmospheres?)

You may be looking at the wrong config. Click the '>' next to the config name to switch config files.

Nothing happens :(

I also have the Enviromentalvisualenhancements file copied into the BoulderCo file is that right?

Nothing happens :(

I also have the Enviromentalvisualenhancements file copied into the BoulderCo file is that right?

Errmmm... What? To install, you just copy the contents of GameData in the zip file into your gameData folder. That is it.

Yes,everything is up to date(EVE,BA,Duna storms,KSPRC),i eaven reinstalled all couple of times.In clouds folder are cloudLayers.cfg,cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg,cloudLayers-PlanetFactory.cfg and renamed for storms to cloudLayers-DunaStorms.cfg and for KSCPR to cloudLayers-KspRc.cfg.I thing i got everything right,but BA.cfg overwrites all.

BfJDQK6.jpg

pcqvRHX.jpg

Finalized Duna sky texture, made a storm texture from scratch, and finalized auroras. If anyone has a .23 savefile with things on all bodies, please pm me. I need to take some screens from the surface.

I had a weird issue where the city lights on kerbin were offset from the actual land. It's like the city light textures were rotated around the planet by 10 degrees or so. Made it really hard to see the spaceport from my plane. Has anyone else encountered this?

http://i.imgur.com/BfJDQK6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pcqvRHX.jpg

Finalized Duna sky texture, made a storm texture from scratch, and finalized auroras. If anyone has a .23 savefile with things on all bodies, please pm me. I need to take some screens from the surface.

Astronomer knows.

I'm using the same stormy base in Laythe now. NASA cloud maps, right? :wink:

So as I am just downloading for the first time now and want to use either yours Proot, or Astronomers,I saw it says something about waiting for them to be updated, so can I not download them then? (I am a bit confused about better atmospheres as well, i'm guessing it is RSS only right?)

my god, I think I just [redacted],lemme get the tissues

aside, this look BEAUTIFUL

Astronomer knows.

I'm using the same stormy base in Laythe now. NASA cloud maps, right? :wink:

Auroras! That's awesome! Are they dynamic?

Honestly I don't remember where I found it. Either way I had to make a few changes to it. Came out ok.

The stormy clouds are invisible, only their particles are. But they're only for Duna right now.

The auroras are as dynamic as they can get. I set up 2 layers at different altitudes and different rotational speeds.

The effect is great, looks pretty dynamic as the layers overlap.

I've fixed all issues and took some screens, I could use someone to test the mod before I release the BETA.

Honestly I don't remember where I found it. Either way I had to make a few changes to it. Came out ok.

The stormy clouds are invisible, only their particles are. But they're only for Duna right now.

The auroras are as dynamic as they can get. I set up 2 layers at different altitudes and different rotational speeds.

The effect is great, looks pretty dynamic as the layers overlap.

I've fixed all issues and took some screens, I could use someone to test the mod before I release the BETA.

I could test it :)

This was not intentional. I am currently working this problem, but due to the way the clouds are rendered, still to no avail.

If I figure this out, I'll release 2 versions of clouds: pastel and photorealistic.

I also noticed this. :( The clouds, when you are in low-Kerbin orbit especially, look like they were just block textures pasted next to one-another. Love the pack and how it transforms the looks of everything though. :)

Auroras! That's awesome! Are they dynamic?

Wait, there are Auroras also? Sweet! So, I like the auroras Astronomer's expansion provides, really wish that Proot's transformation worked with the newest version(at least I don't THINK it does), and I love the textures of Better Atmospherees V4. WHAT DO I DO?! ;.;

I've just been getting this working with Earth in RSS. I found this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55145-0-23-5-Real-Solar-System-v6-4-7-14?p=936002&highlight=city+lights#post936002

for the city lights, and got it to work with the new version of EVE as follows:

- Take the EarthLigths.png from there and convert to TGA

- Use the following cityLights.cfg:

CITY_LIGHTS
{
altitude = 100
fadeDistance = 0
pqsFadeDistance = 500
main_texture
{
file = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/EarthLights
offset
{
x = -0.0025
y = 0
}
}
detail_texture
{
file = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/detail
offset
{
x = 0
y = 0
}
scale = 60
}
}

That works great, except the lights sometimes pop out from behind clouds as you rotate the Earth. Any ideas why that might be happening? I've tried raising the cloud layer altitude a bit and that doesn't seem to fix it.

Also, city lights don't work in tracking station view - is that a known bug?

Alright, tried Proot's pack, it actually DOES work, just that there's no volumetric clouds. Back to Astronomer's pack... or Better Atmospheres V4? Dangit, which one? :(

EDIT: Hate BA V4's Jool Texture and Mun, Ike, and Tylo Texture, so Astronomer's pack for sure. If Thesonicgalaxy is reading this, if you make Mun, Ike, and Tylo less bugged-out-looking, and make Jool's texture less cartoony, thenI'll definitely download yours. :)

Edited by KyleofKerbin

Alright, tried Proot's pack, it actually DOES work, just that there's no volumetric clouds. Back to Astronomer's pack... or Better Atmospheres V4? Dangit, which one? :(

EDIT: Hate BA V4's Jool Texture and Mun, Ike, and Tylo Texture, so Astronomer's pack for sure. If Thesonicgalaxy is reading this, if you make Mun, Ike, and Tylo less bugged-out-looking, and make Jool's texture less cartoony, thenI'll definitely download yours. :)

Thanks. Because "Bugged out" Is the best kind of feedback I ever could have. Oh and because cartoony is the best way to describe something.

Lately I feel an absolute lack of constructivism in some feedbacks. Too often. :P

Still kinda waiting on that update that was going to be uploaded to Spaceport in a few hours which was like, a week ago. Hard to give feedback when nothing's changed :P

(please don't take this the wrong way, I adore your pack and textures)