[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I found this in my windows KSP64x log:

ERR 16:02:26.582] [ModStatistics] Error while inspecting assembly Terrain. This probably means that Terrain is targeting a runtime other than .NET 3.5. Please notify the author of Terrain of this error.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute' from assembly 'Terrain'.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModStatistics.ModStatistics.getAssemblyTitle (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

ModStatistics Isn't in this mod here is a link to it's post there are some mods that add it http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81764-ModStatistics-1-0-3-Anonymous-mod-usage-statistics-Now-for-public-distribution! but it can be deleted and there is 1 more plugin with it.

I found this in my windows KSP64x log:

ERR 16:02:26.582] [ModStatistics] Error while inspecting assembly Terrain. This probably means that Terrain is targeting a runtime other than .NET 3.5. Please notify the author of Terrain of this error.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute' from assembly 'Terrain'.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModStatistics.ModStatistics.getAssemblyTitle (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

That is odd... It does target 3.5 so I imagine there is something else going on.

I have tex replacer current version and the overhaul 9.2 and it looks terrible. Something isn't right. Do i need EVE 7-3 first then merge with overhaul 9.2? I'm so lost. x64 linux.

Edited by UAL002

I found this in my output.log i used a fresh ksp64bit with EVE an the Astronomers Pack.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 75485.
Total: 58.351341 ms (FindLiveObjects: 3.580692 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.296800 ms MarkObjects: 51.972458 ms DeleteObjects: 0.208615 ms)

Edited by whaaw

Hey Rbray: Do you think you could just include the regular normal map support for now, even though it has problems it's still better than none at all. It does make a big difference.

Also hope everything is going ok, don't push on the overhauls release if things are still going on IRL, KSP can wait.

I'm getting a crash with this under 0.24 x64 using Overhaul 9.2 when loading the space center.

UnityException: Texture 'BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/kerbin1' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixelBilinear (single,single)

at Atmosphere.CloudParticle.Update (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex, Vector3 offset) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atmosphere.VolumeSection.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atmosphere.VolumeManager.Update (Vector3 pos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atmosphere.CloudsVolume.UpdatePos (Vector3 WorldPos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atmosphere.AtmospherePQS.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Crash!!!

Other addons that are running are: TextureReplacer, FinalFrontier, Toolbar, Chatterer, ModuleManager, MechJeb2, DMagic Orbital Science, CustomBiomes, SCANsat and RPM.

I'm guessing it might be a conflict, but I can't figure out what with. Removing EVE gets me to the Space Center.

Edited by kweeky

I mean, you could always switch to the Overhaul branch and download the GameData folder, but it only has shadows right now, and it isn't optimized for multiple clouds layers (many projectors can get expensive).
So I did this and they're all source files?

EDIT: nevermind just found the gamedata folder

So I did this and they're all source files?

EDIT: nevermind just found the gamedata folder

Right now shadows are broken, and I haven't finished the atmosphere shader, but from ground it still looks pretty darn nifty.

There are no .DLL's I'm using the original ones but it just crashes on end load, I'm desperate to get my hands on it!

EDIT: Just individually downloaded the .dlls , looks pretty sweet in the distant hills on RSS. I don't know if you're already aware of this or if you wan't bug reports yet, but the shader cuts off immediately at a set radius around the camera POV, the further up you go the wider it gets respectively. This is on RSS of course

Edited by pingopete

There are no .DLL's I'm using the original ones but it just crashes on end load, I'm desperate to get my hands on it!

Try this version:

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/b1f4b82c1621186683450305a2345338032eef3d

This morning I made a change to stop shipping the built items to the repo. It will push automated releases in the future though.

EDIT: Just individually downloaded the .dlls , looks pretty sweet in the distant hills on RSS. I don't know if you're already aware of this or if you wan't bug reports yet, but the shader cuts off immediately at a set radius around the camera POV, the further up you go the wider it gets respectively. This is on RSS of course

Yes, this would be due to 2 things: there is no "bottom" to the half-sphere, so I have to fix that, and the clipping plane (in RSS at least) may be too close to get all the way to the ends of the sphere, so I may have to work something out there.

Yes, this would be due to 2 things: there is no "bottom" to the half-sphere, so I have to fix that, and the clipping plane (in RSS at least) may be too close to get all the way to the ends of the sphere, so I may have to work something out there.

Ok thanks, just thought I'd say incase, looks great otherwise, can't tell you how much this will be an improvement from previous 2D layers! :)

Noooo you removed the DLLs! I've been getting "nightlies" that way :P

Even inspired me to start including DLLs in *my* repos.

Really looking forward to the full flowering of the atmo shader!

Also, I do want to second pingopete's point about the normal maps. Even if you just do

if(light_facenormaldot > 0)

normal = texture_normal

it will still look better than no normal map at all. Especially in RSS, we *need* normal maps :\

(But I don't want to give up cities! So...)