[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I confirm, switching between anything like buildings, or spacecrafts and the space center can take up to a minute and KSP is shown as "not responding" in the task list. Anyway, I "solved" it by removing the ShaderReplacer.dll ...

And I have a question problem by my own:

I do love the cities by day/night but I DON'T like the new ground/mountain/ocean textures. In fact I hate them that much that I removed the new Kerbal textures ... ending up in also not having any cities ... :( I figured that the cities are only shown, if the Kerbal texture replacements of grass is active.

Is there any way to have the cities WITHOUT changing Kerbals ground/mountains/oceans?

Working on a fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Geez that's pretty!

looking nice astronomer.gonna swap them out with BA even thou eve kinda looks little to pink for me lol. i do not recommend the incenrate mode extra. even with no other mods it pushed my gpu to 81C and was droping my fps to 4-7.

now to work on a .cfg to combine what i like from both packs together. ill probaly post it here but only the .cfg for clouds rest u have to miss and match yourself

Edited by sidfu

For those of you unaware, the Edge of Oblivion update is here!

I wield an awesome power. I JUST installed the old version of this pack not 24 hours ago.

You're all welcome, and thanks, Astronomer, I'm downloading the new version right now!

And rbray, I also recently installed 7-3 of EVE. So if you're going to release something new now would be the time. Hint hint ;)

Astronomer is that a new release?

Yes, it's an update to V3 BETA. Consider it as V3 FINAL.

AWESOME trailer!!! :cool:

I was sold immediately, gonna check it out

Dang, I wish I found it that convincing. I'm more than glad to hear it's likeable, even with all that blur lol.

Working on a fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Geez that's pretty!

I expected you to say something technical xD thanks!

looking nice astronomer.gonna swap them out with BA even thou eve kinda looks little to pink for me lol. i do not recommend the incenrate mode extra. even with no other mods it pushed my gpu to 81C and was droping my fps to 4-7.

now to work on a .cfg to combine what i like from both packs together. ill probaly post it here but only the .cfg for clouds rest u have to miss and match yourself

I'm not sure if you don't like the fact that your pc isn't incinerated as promised, or that your pc isn't as strong as you though.

Either way, I recommend to look at the way it looks in-game for you, before you make any decisions on your cfg (but that's probably how you're gonna do it, I'm just sayin - that was a cinematic).

I wield an awesome power. I JUST installed the old version of this pack not 24 hours ago.

You're all welcome, and thanks, Astronomer, I'm downloading the new version right now!

And rbray, I also recently installed 7-3 of EVE. So if you're going to release something new now would be the time. Hint hint ;)

If the last version you've installed was V3 BETA, then yes - good timing. Time to update.

If you don't happen to like the new version, the old one is still there available to download.

I know it's a little late but congrats on release Astronomer! I was happy to test this for you and now I'm using it in my current save. :)

Thanks, man! Your feedback was invaluable.

Also, rbray, as 5thHorseman said, I'm excited to see more progress on the new releases! Game changing stuff!

Dang, I wish I found it that convincing. I'm more than glad to hear it's likeable, even with all that blur lol.

I expected you to say something technical xD thanks!

I'm not sure if you don't like the fact that your pc isn't incinerated as promised, or that your pc isn't as strong as you though.

Either way, I recommend to look at the way it looks in-game for you, before you make any decisions on your cfg (but that's probably how you're gonna do it, I'm just sayin - that was a cinematic).

If the last version you've installed was V3 BETA, then yes - good timing. Time to update.

If you don't happen to like the new version, the old one is still there available to download.

Thanks, man! Your feedback was invaluable.

Also, rbray, as 5thHorseman said, I'm excited to see more progress on the new releases! Game changing stuff!

Well, thanks to Teknoman117 I found out how to get the original Squad PQS shaders to see the params (to get the original textures), and include them as an option if you don't like my new shaders!

Still have to figure out why the lighting doesn't match up as well as I'd like, but aside from that, we are slowly getting there. Perfecting the atmospheric shader and ocean shader are still on my big to-do list.

For those of you unaware, the Edge of Oblivion update is here!

more like the End Times are here!!!

m58H3Eg.jpg

Dunno WTF I did yet but I'll figure it out. Looks awesome tho haha

It was the latest version of RSS. I was getting the annoying UVC warning so I downloaded the latest DLL. When I reverted back to the DLL that came with Proot's pack things were back to normal

Edited by Gaiiden

Astronomer, which version of EVE should I use with that and is it compatible with 0.24.2? My apologies if this has already been answered; I've been reading the last ten pages or so but I can't figure out whether to use 7-3 or 9-2.

Astronomer, which version of EVE should I use with that and is it compatible with 0.24.2? My apologies if this has already been answered; I've been reading the last ten pages or so but I can't figure out whether to use 7-3 or 9-2.

It is only for 7-3. 9-2 is pre-release IIRC.

Hey, you got the same space black sky on daytime that I do! I'm trying to get rid of it because it looks like night everytime of the day. got any idea of what cause it?

I guess I updated right after you posted. It's the newest version of RSS that screws it up

Astronomer, my computer is an i5 with an ATI 6950, but with an ugly 1024 x 768 screen it could run everything nowdays maxed out. Even with 8gb of ram.

When i installed the highest piece of PC-killer that you had to offer the game didn't started up, so i played smart and i used the x64 bits .exe.

When i used the Aeris A3 to the cloud level i could hear my fans being tortured, i never thought that an unity game could strain my PC this bad ever since Flight Simulator X when i spawned in the middle of tokyo with maxed out settings.

You, astronomer, sir, ARE NOT joking when you said that the best quality version of your mod could incinerate a PC, i take my hat off and now i am seeing if i can use a lower res version :confused:

here is my combination of BA and Astros pack. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qajewo2fn0d8w1o/cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg

right now needs mostly color tweaking.

from BA u will need Stratus,Sun and atmo

from Astronomer's Visual Pack: Edge of Oblivion u will need storm,glow

any others u will have to mix and match like u want.

this download provides no files it is just a .cfg that combines them the way i like yet it still like anything something that changes with my taste.

Well, thanks to Teknoman117 I found out how to get the original Squad PQS shaders to see the params (to get the original textures), and include them as an option if you don't like my new shaders!

Still have to figure out why the lighting doesn't match up as well as I'd like, but aside from that, we are slowly getting there. Perfecting the atmospheric shader and ocean shader are still on my big to-do list.

It wasn't meant to be an offense to your shader work, I just like the original Kerbin terrain more - I'm just missing the citites :( Clouds are luckily working independently from the Kerbin textures.

It says the last updated file is from July 21, 2014. Is this just Curse being Curse again with the 24 hour to update shenanigans?

P.S.: a forum thread for you pack would be really nice :)

For those of you unaware, the Edge of Oblivion update is here! Also I've just released this cinematic trailer (my first).

*Eve looks notably more purple in-game. Excuse the post-processing there lol.

http://imgur.com/a/gW1No

Curse modpage:

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220335-astronomers-visual-pack-v3-beta

Reddit post for those interested:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/2ccfbn/astronomers_visual_pack_edge_of_oblivion_official/

Does this also work with RSS?

Im getting this error spam in the debug using Astronomers pack.

Texture 'BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/kerbin1' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.

Im going to try checking "Read-only: in the textures properties.

Edit: Didn't do anything.. still getting the error.

LOG

OUTPUT

Edited by Motokid600

I am getting a little confused... which version should i download for KSP 0.24?

EDIT:

I think the version 7-3 is ok? it seems to work just fine for me. Got a bit confused because the title says 0.23.5 and i remember seeing posts about an overhaul thats for 0.24 or something, tho i might have been mistaken. For now, ill just use this version.

Edited by snow25699
I tried out verison 7-3, which works fine.