[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1394/56/1394563669531.gif

Edit: inb4 rbray says it's not.

BTW, Mun doesn't support terrain change. The settings are there, but nothing changes visually.

It does work on Eeloo, however.

http://i.imgur.com/GvQGlP5.png

http://i.imgur.com/y2GC6rw.png

10k textures, here we go!

Update: Shall we call it...

You probably know this, but it will be safer if I say it. The north pole has grown some grass.

Update: Admit it: the Mun is where most of your missions went. Since PARADISE is suppoed to take place 1000 years after Oblivion, I've had a little fun and made this for Mun. The texture was tested on Kerbin's north pole as the Mun does not currently support custom terrain.

http://i.imgur.com/x0anelb.png

Yes, those are trillions of footprints.

I realize that this is a silly joke, so I will include this as an optional texture: "The Next Millenium Edition".

Update: City Lights or just Cities don't work on Mun either.

That is looking awesome! I'm guessing Mun is using some different type of PQS because of the craters from a few updates ago?

That is looking awesome! I'm guessing Mun is using some different type of PQS because of the craters from a few updates ago?

If that's the case, then so does Minmus, Laythe, Eve, and Vall. I have not tested any other bodies.

anyhoo, I found a fix.

first I removed all the overrides I was using in my graphics driver control panel, forced antialiasing, anisotropic filtering and vertical sync

and then added -force-opengl to the KSP_x64 shortcut and now i'm back in with all my old mods and everything running ok.

hope that helps riceiq999

Thanks MartGonzo!! That actually fixed the problem, and KSP is even running on a smaller memory footprint (dropped from 2.7GB to 1.6GB now). So far no crashes. Hurrrray! I tried forcing DirectX11 too but that still crashes my game.

On a side note I'm still experiencing the right mouse click bug in 0.24.2 though

Speaking of water (and atmosphere) I highly recommend just adapting the provided source from here for both of them.

That will also let you replace AtmosphereFromGround.

This is great, if this could be done rbray it'd be amazing :) You might also like to check out the latest google earth, go into settings/visual and tick wip photorealistic atmosphere, it looks incredible too, only just realised it had it :D

Considering some of the things they have shown are very slow, it's not entirely feasible. However, that's definitely cool technology and I wonder how scalable it is. I don't think anyone can read all that without getting giddy with the possibilities. Vegetation? Awesome.

The things on that page were run on hardware from 2007, FYI.

When I get the time, I'll have to take a look at it. For now though, I just have to say that KSP adds many caveats and restrictions to what can be done.

Rama did render those things inside a cylinder. In ksp they'd have to be rendered outside a sphere, constantly moving. Multiple bodies will have these things rendered, meaning you have multiple instances of those layers all moving independently.

Just pinioning it out.

Can't ask for more than that. :)

And yeah, don't I know it. But at least for the atmosphere shader, you should be able to use what you have as basis, right? (And/or replace the shader on the AFG object).

Would this apply the sunset/rise colours and variations with altitude & angle from the afg? That might also give a continuous falloff to the edge of atmosphere?

Rama did render those things inside a cylinder. In ksp they'd have to be rendered outside a sphere, constantly moving. Multiple bodies will have these things rendered, meaning you have multiple instances of those layers all moving independently.

Just pinioning it out.

This. The biggest issue we'd face is trying to port their method of doing things to KSP's systems and meathods. It'd be similar to porting a windows app with GUI to linux. Difficult, probably not impossible, but not sure it is would be worth it.

I figured it was a better reference for just ideas and examples. Cool stuff, I wonder how scalable some of that technology is. Procedural cover for vegetation is right next to clouds for me. I think vegetation is almost as hard as clouds to get working well because of all the density it requires to look good.

Edited by Hyomoto

@rbray89: is there any way to disable clouds on map view ?

clouds are very nice but... when I need map, darkness is enough and clouds overlay just made map fully useless (a toolbar icon button to add/remove them would be great :) ).

(by the way is there is any way to light the dark side of a body, it would be even greater to have it :) ).

As suggested on reddit, I am requesting support for Cryovolcanic Ridges on Eeloo.

The ability to use a custom texture for the brown regions of Eeloo would do the trick - I have the textures already.

Hi,

I just tried installing this alongside the full RSS/RO pack and I'm getting a weird issue: RSS has changed Kerbin to Earth, but EVE is still using kerbin's map to draw the city lights, and of course it looks VERY weird...

I guess I'm missing some config file, but I wouldn't know where :/

That's so easy. Replace the main texture in the city lights folder with an analagous one for earth.

Also, 12k textures don't work regardless of file size. Me sad.

Well, I didn't know where to find one, so I just decided to delete the city lights folder instead (since to be honest, I never really liked how they look from up-close... and that's where I see them from most of the time :( )

Thanks anyway :)

Well, I didn't know where to find one, so I just decided to delete the city lights folder instead (since to be honest, I never really liked how they look from up-close... and that's where I see them from most of the time :( )

Thanks anyway :)

You can grab is from the RSS OP or here. I'm working on the resolution problem on RSS, to find a scale that works nicely from orbit and ground level without repetition or 8k textures.

You can grab is from the RSS OP or here. I'm working on the resolution problem on RSS, to find a scale that works nicely from orbit and ground level without repetition or 8k textures.

Oh nice, I'm blind and completely missed the download link -.-

Thanks guys, and sorry for the noobness :)

I just made an 8k rock texture. xD

BTW, did you get the resolution issue solved yet?

I just made an 8k rock texture. xD

BTW, did you get the resolution issue solved yet?

I'm still working on it, although it's only really an issue on RSS, as is everything :l

Just working on an 8k city texture using Las vagas as it had a decent nasa CEO image of it's city lights. The entire city with detail to within individual houses :)

BTW you rock textures looked quite nice, I'm intrigued to know of what scale and at what angle was the image from?

It'd be great to be able to define individual textures for different land types I.e. meadows, forest, desert and ice instead of just grass, rock and water :P